Panasonic GH5 - all is revealed!

Andrew Reid

Since we have quite some people who love the thick 1080p image that the GH3 has created (I think it was @mercer and maybe @kidzrevil ?), I was digging around a bit in the camera settings and we also have a 1080p 24fps All-I 200mbit mode that also features HLG. Anybody ever tried that mode? If i wouldnt care about 4k, wouldnt this have an even more (relative) higher bitrate than the 400mbit 4k ALL-I? yes, this one has 400mbit vs 200mbit but 4k is also 4x 1080p in terms of pixels...

Maybe I will give that mode a shot.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
2 hours ago, FoxAdriano said:

It seems incredible but real. I have just bought a GH5 and now I'd like to buy an original Panasonis strap but I am not able to find it. Where can I buy it? Thanks

One second on Google gives me item no. ' DVPW1003Z ', which can be bought from a bunch of places. Ideally you get someone to send you theirs that they absolutely have no use for (I personally never use one (nor do I think the provided one is any good), but I like to keep the original box and acc. for resale value). Doesn't seem to have a specific 'GH5' designation, so probably just a generic 'Lumix G' one you get with most of these cameras.

Hi, I have just bought GH5 and I will need to charge at the same time. I have seen these two charge batteries:
https://www.amazon.it/Andoer-DMW-BLF19E-Caricabatteria-fotocamere-Panasonic/dp/B0774NYS35/ref=pd_sbs_421_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=CNMQBX0NNACCFAJS4WXE
https://www.amazon.it/Bundlestar-Caricatore-doppio-batteria-Panasonic/dp/B0744NMJ88/ref=pd_sbs_421_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=CNMQBX0NNACCFAJS4WXE
In your opinion which is better between them? In don't understand well if the yellow charger can discharge also the battery before to charge it.
Thanks for your info.

So, have there been any reviewers of the GH5s been able to compare the dynamic range and noise performance of the S version compared to the regular GH5 at LOW ISO's?

Being able to go higher in ISO can be handy sometimes, but I mainly shoot between ISO 100 and 800 anyway so I am interested to hear if there has been any improvement IQ wise in those ranges. Is there fewer noise because of the larger pixels? A bit more DR? Or are they virtually the same there?

2 hours ago, FoxAdriano said:

Guys and gals, ETC mode is a wonderful option. Is it possible to assign the ETC mode to "Fn" button? I am not able to do it. Can you tell me the right steps please?

It can be mapped to any fn button. The best part is that once it's set as a fn button, you can just hit the button twice to toggle between on/off. You don't have to push up on the joystick or wheel to change the setting like you would for quickmenu options.

I mapped it to the button next to the lens and use it all the time. It's awesome.

Can it be turned on and off DURING recording?     That would be awesome, I'll have to try this tomorrow.

I have a full day Winter Guard event on Saturday.

New Tokina 11-16 should be here tomorrow as well.   Hoping this plays well with the 0.64XL Speedbooster.

I am needing a super UWA solution., the Sigma 18-35 Art and 0.64XL isn't wide enough, especially for the collage performances.

Oh how I long for a super UWA anamorphic solution.  My Kowa for B&H 2x and Minolta Rokkor 58/1.2 doesn't cover the full field of the performances.

Sigh...

16 hours ago, TARS said:

It can be mapped to any fn button. The best part is that once it's set as a fn button, you can just hit the button twice to toggle between on/off. You don't have to push up on the joystick or wheel to change the setting like you would for quickmenu options.

I mapped it to the button next to the lens and use it all the time. It's awesome.

On 2/2/2018 at 6:27 AM, FoxAdriano said:

Hi, I use a GH5 with Leica 12-60mm lens to make videos (only UHD documentaries). I'd like to buy another more powerful zoom. In your opinio what zoom can I buy? I mean about focal excursion only. Thanks

focal excursion? Somehow that sounds obscene! What are you going on a Safari or what. I don't get it?