Panasonic GH5 - all is revealed!

Andrew Reid

50 minutes ago, Matt Holder said:

While you guys debate about skin tones and color here is something very impressive - IBIS is working a treat here

check the shot at 32s. 

Pretty impressive IBIS and man is that shooter a fast runner...

But I think that video would have looked the same way if it was shot with a $300 Panasonic camcorder.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
8 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

I don't see anyplace where it states that it is only in camera Stabilazation. Not saying it isn't, but he did use 3 differenent lenses. Hard for me to believe, they all look like a it's on a Ronin.

As the shooter of this video, I can assure you it was all handheld! It's using the Dual IS on the lenses I used. 

Here's the other video I shot at Mont-Tremblant Resort. Again, all handheld using only the camera/lens stabilization and 16 years of filming snowboarding ;)

7 minutes ago, KnightVision said:

As the shooter of this video, I can assure you it was all handheld! It's using the Dual IS on the lenses I used. 

Here's the other video I shot at Mont-Tremblant Resort. Again, all handheld using only the camera/lens stabilization and 16 years of filming snowboarding ;)

Both videos are beautiful. I've found some recent user videos somewhat underwhelming (compared to early produced ones) so it's awesome to see more like yours where they really get me excited about my pre-order ;)

The stabalisation is superlative. Love how detailed the image is and the perfect white balance - that snow looks spot on.

11 minutes ago, KnightVision said:

Very nice work!

1 hour ago, tonysss said:

GH5 is home :-)
Color profile 709 is what I was looking for all my life :-)
Skin color is perfect, thank you Panasonic!

I'm also really interested in the colours of the Rec709L profile. I'd love to see more footage using this, if you can upload something.

Also, how is the dynamic range in Rec709L versus V-Log?

1 hour ago, hyalinejim said:

I'm also really interested in the colours of the Rec709L profile. I'd love to see more footage using this, if you can upload something.

Also, how is the dynamic range in Rec709L versus V-Log?

V-LOG I'm not used to gh4 ,colors were wrong

Dynamic range 709L It is fine for me, no Arri it's not :-) , but it is completely sufficient for me. Colors in 709L  are awesome for LUT use in post.

709L (0, -5,-5,-5,0)  (pedestal +5)  

The first tests I would say that, dynamic range 709L is bigger than my gh4 or G80.

1080p is much better than the G80, GX80, or GH4 , 1080p /100mb/50p on GH5 has a similar quality to 4K GH4, incredible, love it

2 hours ago, Rinad Amir said:

No arguement there 80D does have best autofocus but it lacks 4K and slomo, thats main reason am jumping from 80D :/ but if combine EOSHd C_Log with 80D u get asome footage )not mention when combo is 18-35 1.8 

I wonder if Magic Lantern will be able to work their magic on the 80D. I thought I read someplace Canon put the brakes on ML being able to do their thing on the newer cameras???

could someone in europe give me a little advice, I am US based and pre ordered from BNH but they don't start shipping or local pickup until the 30th, annoying, and I have a shoot in France on the 30th I am leaving for. Is there a euro distributor you could recommend I could order from instead and have shipped in a pretty quick manner? I hear people seem to have had some success with that. 

38 minutes ago, rickynorris said:

could someone in europe give me a little advice, I am US based and pre ordered from BNH but they don't start shipping or local pickup until the 30th, annoying, and I have a shoot in France on the 30th I am leaving for. Is there a euro distributor you could recommend I could order from instead and have shipped in a pretty quick manner? I hear people seem to have had some success with that. 

Not a good idea to do a shoot with a brand new camera you haven't had time to play with first. :(