Panasonic GH5 - all is revealed!

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 minute ago, mechanicalEYE said:

I think he might have meant the original 12-35 2.8

Could be. The thing is, without even knowing how someone is going to be using the equipment, it's virtually impossible to even give a considered reply.

2 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Hey Luke, just wondering if you have shot 1080 24p or 720 50p with this camera. cheers.

@Stanley You really love your 1080p. :) 

2 minutes ago, Neumann Films said:

Well technically the 180fps is 1080/24 :)

No, I haven't messed around with it.  Want a quick file to inspect?

Do you need to ask??? - Sure!

Can I ask for some moire sensitive patterns?

Some automatic refocussing?

I must say that your GH5 footage is the most inspiring. Thank you for shooting it, and sharing the source files too!

17 minutes ago, Neumann Films said:

Well technically the 180fps is 1080/24 :)

No, I haven't messed around with it.  Want a quick file to inspect?

Thanks mate, but if it's been shot at 180fps it's probably not what I'm trying to make my judgement on. I've had a bit of bad luck on this site trying to establish what 1080p 24 fps is like with any of the recent line of Pana cameras. Thanks for your offer though.

19 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Thanks mate, but if it's been shot at 180fps it's probably not what I'm trying to make my judgement on. I've had a bit of bad luck on this site trying to establish what 1080p 24 fps is like with any of the recent line of Pana cameras. Thanks for your offer though.

I was joking.  

I'm also interested in 1080p.

Has anyone seen any rolling shutter test with 1080p? I'd love to see some measurements for that.

Is it possible that the sensor readout speeds increase after firmware updates for better rolling shutter?

Can you adjust how much the body IS affects video?

Little 1080/24 test.  35-100 f 2.8 (v1)/ISO 400/VLogL/WB "Sunny".  Not sure if IS was on, didn't have the notification on the LCD and it looked a little shaky.  Wonder if IS isn't ready for 1080p yet (firmware).  Basically, don't judge the IS either way.  I don't think it was activated but the fact that it isn't is no cause for alarm as this is an early prototype.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/j86ttg6otkmb1ma/P1000108.MP4

56 minutes ago, Axel said:

There is one, but apparently with f5.6 - 8, so it's not very significant:

If this is the GH5 then focustracking seems to be very unreliable. I also don't understand why he did shoot at that f-stop, at least put on a fast prime and shoot wide open.