Panasonic GH5 - all is revealed!

Andrew Reid

4 hours ago, wolf33d said:

I was super happy to read you. Then I watched and the guy actually says it works just as well as the GH4. 

So I think we should be more worried about what he says actually

Hahaha. Could you say where he says it (in mins). One of the few noticeable limitations in the Panasonic cameras (compared to Canon and Sony) is the disappointedin auto-focus. I was hoping they address some of that with the GH5. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Neither Matt Frazer nor Griffin Hammond know how fast or accurate the AF-C will be; they were handling pre-production models. For sure, the GH5 will be better; it will have more focus points, it will read the sensor much faster, they're using improved algorithms: whether it will be as fast and accurate as current APS-C cameras remains to be seen. I'm not expecting any miracles here. 

I guess it's all about Interpretation, but they say improved.

Maybe you've all seen this, but if not, go to the 5:50 mark. Just another video ( a rough video ) but Matt Frazer speaks on the auto focus the same way he has in every video I've seen, but says it's "Auto focus system is on steroids" I understand marketing hoopla, but based on the consistent claim that the auto focus is a major improvement up from the GH4 I'm expecting a solid auto focus improvement, if not Matt, and Lumix will have told blatant lies. He addresses the GH4 every time they discuss auto focus and acknowledges that it was a area to improve going off of user feedback.

4 minutes ago, mechanicalEYE said:

I guess it's all about Interpretation, but they say improved.

Maybe you've all seen this, but if not, go to the 5:50 mark. Just another video ( a rough video ) but Matt Frazer speaks on the auto focus the same way he has in every video I've seen, but says it's "Auto focus system is on steroids" I understand marketing hoopla, but based on the consistent claim that the auto focus is a major improvement up from the GH4 I'm expecting a solid auto focus improvement, if not Matt, and Lumix will have told blatant lies. He addresses the GH4 every time they discuss auto focus and acknowledges that it was a area to improve going off of user feedback.

single auto focus is already blazing fast on Lumix cameras. all I'm interested in is continuous auto focus. and all this talk is anecdotal, let's just wait for some tests. we're not calling anyone a liar.

Just now, jonpais said:

single auto focus is already blazing fast on Lumix cameras. all I'm interested in is continuous auto focus. and all this talk is anecdotal, let's just wait for some tests. we're not calling anyone a liar.

Waiting on actual test is it... I hear you, and NO, we're not calling anyone a liar, just saying they have consistently said this was an area of focus based on user feedback. I'm thinking they answered that request.

5 minutes ago, mechanicalEYE said:

Waiting on actual test is it... I hear you, and NO, we're not calling anyone a liar, just saying they have consistently said this was an area of focus based on user feedback. I'm thinking they answered that request.

okay, cool, where are the shots to prove it? they gave us slo mo, they showed us how great the pull focus feature is, why not show us how fast it can follow an object moving directly toward the camera. it takes just one minute to do the test.

1 hour ago, jonpais said:

okay, cool, where are the shots to prove it?

If they managed to get even close to what Canon, Sony or even Fujifilm have achieved when it comes to continuous autofocus they would have shown us because that would have been a big deal, I expect some minor improvements but nothing worth talking about, time will tell.

I can see only 2 dark spots regarding this camera till now. One is the auto focus performance, as mentioned above, and the other is what panasonic calls Three-Dimensional Color Control. If AF is indeed 2 times faster than gh4 and 3DCC actually helps the user to get rid off that ugly orange skintones, even with tweaking, this will be a dream video camera. Again, fingers crossed....

49 minutes ago, Dimitris Stasinos said:

I can see only 2 dark spots regarding this camera till now. One is the auto focus performance, as mentioned above, and the other is what panasonic calls Three-Dimensional Color Control. If AF is indeed 2 times faster than gh4 and 3DCC actually helps the user to get rid off that ugly orange skintones, even with tweaking, this will be a dream video camera. Again, fingers crossed....

I'm sure that's tops on everyone's list

52 minutes ago, iamoui said:

That was one of the greatest videos on YouTube I may have ever seen. Was that entire video satire? It's so hard to tell these days!!

Someone commented on the video with "you're not doing Panasonic any favors with this video"  I guess he felt the guy was right he deleted it and uploaded it again.

1 hour ago, mechanicalEYE said:

Someone commented on the video with "you're not doing Panasonic any favors with this video"  I guess he felt the guy was right he deleted it and uploaded it again.

This video has so much new information, I can't even begin to process it all.