Panasonic GH5 - all is revealed!

Andrew Reid

1 hour ago, Andrew Reid said:

That would explain it.

Panasonic think I am a girl!

Maybe I need to shoot my parkour and dogs before EOSHD can get a pre-production unit.

Remember when they gave me a GH3... and a GH4... and invited me to feedback sessions... This time - nada.

Maybe it was the Panasonic CM1 smartphone review?!

Probably because they could get more mileage out of blogs that "create" more "content"

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
5 minutes ago, marcuswolschon said:

I did.

Gain/Iso happens after light has been captured. So it has 0 effect on light.

With lower iso you can use more light. With iso100 you can put 4 times light to sensor compared to iso400. It means less "shot noise".

23 hours ago, Emanuel said:

Eduardo, parece que você está no radar da Kinefinity... / seems you are going towards to Terra 5K... pretty promising BTW (Emanuel :-)

Seems like that, E :]

21 hours ago, liork said:

You can have it now with the Olympus E M1 II.

Thank you, I'll check it out.

16 hours ago, Bob Goldberg said:

If you're referring to the Digidirect video, then we clearly disagree. The effects of rolling shutter look worse the faster the camera moves and the closer you are to an object. In that video, the camera was moving so fast that virtually everything was indistinguishable. Cameras aren't usually moved that rapidly in rolling shutter tests.

Usually, you like to see more controlled tests with two cameras side by side, because it's hard to judge it accurately without a comparison camera. But, the truth is, that actually looked pretty good to me. I'm not convinced the E-M1 II is any better than this.

Also, there are other things that affect the appearance of rolling shutter including the sensor area used for video. I know rolling shutter in stills is worse the higher the bit depth is. That's why some MFT cameras reduce the bit depth in stills from 12 to 10 bits when e-shutter is used, to reduce the jello appearance. I'm not sure in what way this applies to video though.

Guess we'll have to wait until further, more objetive tests come out, B.

25 minutes ago, Rinad Amir said:

@Neumann Films Luke have you trying 3rd party lens with gh5? Speedboosters?

Just put a sigma art 24 on it...I don't own a speed booster, so if someone wants to send one over :)

8 hours ago, Orangenz said:

Thanks for being sexist and ignoring Marika. 

To be fair, her being the main subject was our choice and no one else's.  

5 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

That would explain it.

Panasonic think I am a girl!

Maybe I need to shoot my parkour and dogs before EOSHD can get a pre-production unit.

Remember when they gave me a GH3... and a GH4... and invited me to feedback sessions... This time - nada.

Maybe it was the Panasonic CM1 smartphone review?!

Priceless post : ) One of the reasons I am here. Good humor, man, too!

23 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Doesn't the gh4 score 13 stops on dxo?

I'm happy with 12 stops... but maybe it will be a little more.

The 10 bit footage had at least a stop of recovery in the highlights.... maybe we can overexpose?

DXO tests RAW stills, until we have RAW video these results are meaningless for video DR. DXO texts sensor potential, not codec implementation in video.

Hey guys,

Maybe someone asked before, but I see this firmware update timetable, and there's something like a 48p 4K mode, probably in a 24p container. Is that supposed to be 10bit/400Mbps?

table.jpg

@Edit: Nah, it's 150Mpbs/8bit, I figured it out.

9 minutes ago, Liszon said:

Hey guys,

Maybe someone asked before, but I see this firmware update timetable, and there's something like a 48p 4K mode, probably in a 24p container. Is that supposed to be 10bit/400Mbps?

table.jpg

You know what would really help this graphic...lines.  LOL, the bottom most 48p line is hilarious.  There is a blank color subsampling line where 48p/150Mbps goes...but is that line the bottom of the 4:2:0 8 bit, or at the top of the 4:2:2 10 bit?  To me...looks to be the only 48p is all 4:2:0 8bit at 150Mbps. 

4 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

@Neumann Films I haven't heard anything about the 12-60mm 2.8-4f . Do you have an opinion about it? It seems like the best kit so far, and worth the 2500euros.

5 years warranty is amazing! Is that for all European re-sellers? In Oceania I think they offer the Log for free..

I haven't used one.

6 minutes ago, Rinad Amir said:

Thank you verymuch sir 

and yes 5 warranty is bonus ?

They give you 5 years everywhere.

The bad thing is, that I ordered from CVP for 1700 GBP (2000euros), Camera center is offering the GH5 for 1900 euros, guess I have to cancel my preorder to save some dosh.

3 minutes ago, funkyou86 said:

They give you 5 years everywhere.

The bad thing is, that I ordered from CVP for 1700 GBP (2000euros), Camera center is offering the GH5 for 1900 euros, guess I have to cancel my preorder to save some dosh.

That dosh will go towards Vlog i assume as its exactly 100quid?