Americanah - Concept trailer - shot on GH4

deezid

Would like to know what you think about our newest work.
Shot with the infamous Panasonic GH4, internal V-LOG 8bit, -5/-5 NR and sharpness. Used Panasonic lenses: 12-35mm 2.8, 20mm 1.7 and 42.5mm 1.7. Used a Tiffen Black Satin Filter to get rid of the sharpning artifacts still left over at -5 and add some smoothness to highlights and shadows.

Budget: about 0$.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 minute ago, PannySVHS said:

@Cary Knoop Does that mean you would pull the blacks all the way down to 0? So screenshot is before your recommended adjustments, right? cheers

The problem here is that the blacks are more or less clipped, the floor looks like a straight line and it is very dense right above.  It seems the shot was underexposed in camera. 

You could try to expand the dense area towards black using a secondary color correction.

dense.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I really like this, the whole look and feel! The story seems interesting, and the atmosphere is great.. Also, this is the best footage coming out of a GH4 i have seen so far! But then again, it is not the camera, but the one using it! If there is one thing i would change, it is the soundmix. It is a bit low, but maybe it's just me going deaf ;)

But great work!!!