My canon t3i anamorphic setup

TomClancyClancy

I bought a CY lens adapter for my yashica 58mm f=135mm lens & that's attached to an anamorphic lens clamp but I'm having trouble choosing which anamorphic lens to buy off eBay?? Thought Schneider 2x cinelux would be a good cheap go to but don't like the idea of having an adjust knob right in front of the lens! So it's between a Isco 60mm or Sankor 16? Which one should I consider buying?? 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Even though it's an older camera, I've seen some beautiful footage shot with the t3i. To the OP, you might want to consider posting this in the anamorphic forum. Though there is some crossover with this board and you might get a helpful answer here, I think your chances of a constructive answer would be better on that board.

http://www.eoshd.com/comments/forum/5-anamorphic/

On 12/28/2016 at 0:35 AM, TomClancyClancy said:

I bought a CY lens adapter for my yashica 58mm f=135mm lens & that's attached to an anamorphic lens clamp but I'm having trouble choosing which anamorphic lens to buy off eBay?? Thought Schneider 2x cinelux would be a good cheap go to but don't like the idea of having an adjust knob right in front of the lens! So it's between a Isco 60mm or Sankor 16? Which one should I consider buying?? 

Depends on what you're looking for. I personally would avoid Cinelux, it's almost impossible to focus on the set via the screw. Both Isco and Sankor got great IQ. The Isco is larger i think, has no flares, but you can get it cheaper than the Sankor, which is smaller and got flares. Do some research in the Tito's anamorphic lens collection google documents where you can find pros and cons.

Otherwise, I still use my t3i as a B-cam. It's only problem is that you can not record raw video to the SD card.

On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 11:09 AM, Cary Knoop said:

May I suggest you donate it to someone who would appreciate it?  :)

Perhaps a film student who can't afford to buy a new camera?

I have tried giving it away to people I know a number of times, but no one wants it.

On 2016-12-30 at 3:49 AM, funkyou86 said:

Depends on what you're looking for. I personally would avoid Cinelux, it's almost impossible to focus on the set via the screw. Both Isco and Sankor got great IQ. The Isco is larger i think, has no flares, but you can get it cheaper than the Sankor, which is smaller and got flares. Do some research in the Tito's anamorphic lens collection google documents where you can find pros and cons.

Otherwise, I still use my t3i as a B-cam. It's only problem is that you can not record raw video to the SD card.

Actually, ISCO integrated lens is smaller then Cinelux.  There are more other ISCO made big lenses.  To say flares, they all have different version of coating.  And Cinelux new and old version are different too.  But basically they are all belong to quite week as flares.

5 hours ago, ken said:

Actually, ISCO integrated lens is smaller then Cinelux.  There are more other ISCO made big lenses.  To say flares, they all have different version of coating.  And Cinelux new and old version are different too.  But basically they are all belong to quite week as flares.

i think that we can agree that the ISCO is much better choice than the cinelux (because of the focusing mechanism).