Proliferation of YouTube spam, stolen and BS camera videos

SuperSet

There was a channel that would make slight variations to colors and upload videos of fake comparison videos such as "A7s vs GH4" weeks before the A7s prototypes were getting in the hands of journalists.  And since they were the first channel to post comparison videos with the highest view count, they would be the top video for that search engine for months.  That channel was especially disgusting because no one would check the fine line to realize the video was fake.  I'm sure most people here would see the video was fake right away but for most people who don't have that kind of acuity, they were probably basing their purchase decisions based on these videos.  I'm glad to see that channel is gone.  Probably what got them was they would rip videos from Nikon's official channel and reupload them.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
10 hours ago, Mat Mayer said:

Just tried an Android ad blocker, doesn't work for Youtube, but will keep searching. I am a big MMA fan and there was an event last night, tonight and tomorrow. The number of ripped off interviews and fights is enormous. Half of the stuff I have been watching all day is stolen content with ads, so I have no qualms about blockings ads on pirated content.

Yea...... I'm sure you'll switch it off when you are on legit apps?!

As someone who makes their primary income from app ad revenue . ... I find it baffling that you are on here crying about people who reupload others work, yet are fine to steal content from app publishers.

6 hours ago, Michael Ma said:

There was a channel that would make slight variations to colors and upload videos of fake comparison videos such as "A7s vs GH4" weeks before the A7s prototypes were getting in the hands of journalists.  And since they were the first channel to post comparison videos with the highest view count, they would be the top video for that search engine for months.  That channel was especially disgusting because no one would check the fine line to realize the video was fake.  I'm sure most people here would see the video was fake right away but for most people who don't have that kind of acuity, they were probably basing their purchase decisions based on these videos.  I'm glad to see that channel is gone.  Probably what got them was they would rip videos from Nikon's official channel and reupload them.

I remember those videos. He was getting tens of thousands of views with 200 dislikes for every like but whenever you searched, his videos filled the first page.

7 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Yea...... I'm sure you'll switch it off when you are on legit apps?!

As someone who makes their primary income from app ad revenue . ... I find it baffling that you are on here crying about people who reupload others work, yet are fine to steal content from app publishers.

Umm...I don't think he is stealing anything. The misappropriation is by the people posting the content (which is not an app btw) on Youtube.

On 12/31/2016 at 4:47 PM, Davey said:

I remember those videos. He was getting tens of thousands of views with 200 dislikes for every like but whenever you searched, his videos filled the first page.

In some bizarre coincidence, it looks like that channel got shut down literally the same day I made my comment.  Saw the channel stats.  Had raked up 8 million plus views....8 million views of fake sample footage and stolen videos from manufacturer's official youtube channels.