EOSHD Pro Color for Panasonic (GH4, GX85, G85 + more)

Andrew Reid

Hi Andrew !

When I saw the colors obtained  with your "pro color" for panasonic, it help me to buy a LX100 :glasses: 

I am excited by the idea of filming everything in standart mode without tweaking and messing with other modes and settings and to simply get in post a very good base result.

I understand that it is preferable to film in "Standard" with contrast at "0"
But what do you recommend for the other settings ?
Sharpness / Noise reduction / Saturation / and  Shadow/Highlight ?

Thanks a lot !

can't wait to receive the LX100 and to test the "pro color" :grin:

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Doing some wonderful things with the footage I've been working with. This is with the alternative LUT in place - could even out the exposure but I was going to grade it darker anyway, so this ended up perfect for my taste. I love the original colours but the LUT really put the feels on the grade. The before is what the grade would have looked like without starting from Andrew's LUT - so in both cases the artistic grade is kept constant. This way you see a more legitimate before/after of the LUT alone, without my edit being a factor.

Draft Edit - Without EOSHD.jpg

Draft Edit - With EOSHD.jpg

"Colour" me thrilled.

P.S. the blacks are definitely NOT crushed - I just wanted a contrasty grade here. The LUT is doing it's job beautifully and I can pull TONS of shadow detail back out.

Well I noticed when I applied the lut it was a little too saturated and had a slight red tint,so in resolve I adjusted the color temperature and lowered saturation. Also to be fair the images above were shot with the natural profile before I got the lut but I noticed the same image effect shooting with the recommended settings as well. It's also a matter of personal taste,I guess I could have just decreased the effect of the lut itself,still working on the best approach. I'm really liking the lut though,a very quick way to get some pop out of your image. 

LOVING the images I'm getting with this Lut! Gives you a great looking image with one step, and if you want to grade further the images just sings!! I feel that it works great with my grading style! I like to lift the shadows first and extra detail by inverting the image with an adjustment layer, then adding the Pro Color, then grading to taste! Such a great time saver! I'm happy to have this in my arsenal now.

COLOR-GRADE.gif

16 minutes ago, John Roque said:

LOVING the images I'm getting with this Lut! Gives you a great looking image with one step, and if you want to grade further the images just sings!! I feel that it works great with my grading style! I like to lift the shadows first and extra detail by inverting the image with an adjustment layer, then adding the Pro Color, then grading to taste! Such a great time saver! I'm happy to have this in my arsenal now.

Final one looks (to me) like back to crushing blacks and blowing highlights again?

2 hours ago, Orangenz said:

Final one looks (to me) like back to crushing blacks and blowing highlights again?

I added another lut on top of the Pro Color, that crushed the blacks in the final step. I wanted to see how far I can grade it with the Pro Color as a base. If you compare the SOTC and the Final there's some detail there in the blacks. It was more a matter of taste on how much contrast I wanted. 

12 hours ago, studiodc said:

Draft Edit - With EOSHD.jpg

Do the pants of the guy look pink? At least on my screen they do. I have the same problem with Pro Color for Panasonic and my G81. While skin tones look really great all of my footage gets a pink color cast after applying the LUT even if I use the recommended camera settings and a white balance that look fine in the original footage.

39 minutes ago, Sedazin said:

Do the pants of the guy look pink? At least on my screen they do. I have the same problem with Pro Color for Panasonic and my G81. While skin tones look really great all of my footage gets a pink color cast after applying the LUT even if I use the recommended camera settings and a white balance that look fine in the original footage.

Heavy pink cast. 

44 minutes ago, Sedazin said:

The pink cast is easy to tone down though or remove if you know what you're doing. 

1 hour ago, Sedazin said:

Yes, that's a deliberate part of the grade - warm glow look to the footage. It's easily cancelled but I was going to add it anyway to match the rest of the shots. Looks "pink" against a white website, but in context of the film your eye easily adjusts to the colour balance and it seems "warmly neutral" in context.

Edit: Also, that's not a "guy". 

• Administrators
7 hours ago, EyeSoul said:

Well I noticed when I applied the lut it was a little too saturated and had a slight red tint,so in resolve I adjusted the color temperature and lowered saturation. Also to be fair the images above were shot with the natural profile before I got the lut but I noticed the same image effect shooting with the recommended settings as well. It's also a matter of personal taste,I guess I could have just decreased the effect of the lut itself,still working on the best approach. I'm really liking the lut though,a very quick way to get some pop out of your image. 

Original clip looks a bit too colourful as well. Was saturation -5 in-camera?

6 hours ago, John Roque said:

COLOR-GRADE.gif

Nice final grade, but was contrast at 0 or -5 in-camera? Should be at 0. Which camera - GH4?

I have been testing the LUT and are some what disappointed in the huge red shift int he highlights on all my test shots. I have been using the LUT One by Paul Leeming up until now. It preserves skin tones beautifully while Andrews LUT add too much red that has to be dealt with as an extra step. I have the settings configured per the instructions that came with the download. The only thinng I am not doing is using Auto WB. I do nt see why that would matter. I use a custom WB on every shot and have done so for 30 years. I also have a color reference in most of my shots, as was the case in these tests. 

The first image is un adjusted. The WB is correct as evident in the 90%, 40% and 10% traces of the grey scale swatches in the RGB parade. 

The second image is right after I apply the EOSHD Pro Color for Panasonic LUT.  Notice the 10 IRE increase in red in the highlights.

Does anyone notice this extreme red shift?  

Screen Shot 2016-12-28 at 9.42.37 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-12-28 at 9.42.50 AM.png