O/T Berlin

BTM_Pix

• Super Members

Andrew

I know you often use the Christmas markets when shooting tests so just hoping you and yours have not been affected by whats happened there tonight.

I have been a frequent visitor myself to Breitscheidtplatz, particularly at this time of year, and my thoughts go out to everyone involved in this horrendous incident.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Administrators

Thanks for posting. I am safe. My thoughts are with the victims of this atrocity and the similar one in Nice, France earlier this year.

Was at the same Christmas market just a few days ago and it's near my girlfriend's place. I just hope that all of my friends here in Berlin are ok.

The market where it happened is right in the middle of the busiest shopping area of Berlin, in the west side of the city.

The Christmas market would have been packed at this time of year with families and friends after work.

There's a children's merry-go-round there, crafts stores and food, pancakes and mulled wine, German bratwurst, it's a very good natured place full of nice people and my heart goes out to the people killed and injured tonight.

• Super Members

Good to hear.

As you say, its such a good natured area and one I've always enjoyed visiting and if my planned trip there this week had happened I'd have been in the Irish bar in the Europa-Center there watching the football tonight.

Bought a few lenses in Saturn there too over the years as well as I'm sure you will have yourself.

Anyway, hope all of your friends check in with you soon.

• Administrators

I go to the Saturn there quite often too, it's where I've bought a lot of my kit! Very sad that this should happen on my adopted door step.

Apparently the attacker is still on the run and the guy they arrested was a case of mistaken identity. So be vigilant Berliners...