What If You Restrict Yourself?

Bioskop.Inc

So I got myself a proper job (as some of my friends would put it) - you know, one that earns you regular good money, one that sucks the life out of you, one that you end up hating!

What do you do to get your mind back?

1) Take a song from a friend

2) Find some free footage/pictures online

3) Restrict yourself to only using your NLE of choice for everything

4) Learn where your shortcomings are & REACT in accordance!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
5 hours ago, Bioskop.Inc said:

So I got myself a proper job (as some of my friends would put it) - you know, one that earns you regular good money, one that sucks the life out of you, one that you end up hating!

What do you do to get your mind back?

1) Take a song from a friend

2) Find some free footage/pictures online

3) Restrict yourself to only using your NLE of choice for everything

4) Learn where your shortcomings are & REACT in accordance!

Pretty awesome, it was both calming and frenetic at the same time, but maybe a little long? At 3.5 minutes with a passage from an old sci-fi book or something from TS Elliott narrating over top of the music and I wouldn't be surprised if this became a Vimeo Staff Pick.

2 hours ago, mercer said:

Pretty awesome, it was both calming and frenetic at the same time, but maybe a little long? At 3.5 minutes with a passage from an old sci-fi book or something from TS Elliott narrating over top of the music and I wouldn't be surprised if this became a Vimeo Staff Pick.

Cheers mercer, yes it's far too long & it was even longer, but as I cut, I ended up putting other things into it.

Going to give it another good chop at some point, just got to decide what to take out of it & what needs improving.

I did cut up a speech from JFK & made his words relevant for today's climate - so that has to go in. Oh well, it's Christmas now & time to relax & enjoy!

8 hours ago, jonpais said:

@Bioskop.Inc It works for me. I wouldn't add a lot of narration, but maybe a few snippets of Kennedy here and there might be effective.

Thanks @jonpais I left it that long as a first draft & just wanted to see if the music/images could drive it forward on their own. 

Wasn't going to add too much narration, as voice overs are a weak narrative tool.

Yes, the idea was to have choice phrases of something Kennedy never said, but which are relevant to today's political meltdown - a kind of comment on all the fake news stories.