Miyazaki working on feature length CG film - amusing new documentary (2016)

Andrew Reid

• Administrators

The hand of the artist is the most important and underrated thing in all arts and this is why I will always try to maintain as much control as possible over my own camera work.

As soon as he takes his hands off the tool and gets the CG artists to copy his style, something of his personality gets lost in translation. Subtle things like whiskers, a fur, a few lines out of place... And then comes A.I. based animation...even worse!! A classic scene in this where he lets rip at the creators pitching the technique to him.

Just goes to show, even with so much technology out there and even AI, CGI still has a long way to go to touch the human soul in terms of the visuals of the best hand-drawn animation (especially movement related aspects).

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

one of my favorite artists - SUCH a genius. great link thank you andrew

23 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

Just goes to show, even with so much technology out there and even AI, CGI still has a long way to go to touch the human soul in terms of the visuals of the best hand-drawn animation (especially movement related aspects).

goddam isnt that the truth

tumblr_ogbadb7bwl1u791p4o1_540.gif

tumblr_ogbadb7bwl1u791p4o2_540.gif

tumblr_ogbadb7bwl1u791p4o3_540.gif

tumblr_ogbadb7bwl1u791p4o4_540.gif

Mononoke Hime is my favorite film ever made. I hope he keeps creating. Documentary was a very interesting look at his current outlook and work.
"An important thing is trying not to regret anything when you complete your job."

Edit: I do not understand how the group pitching that software could be so clueless to how he would respond to the movement example. Did they do ANY research before coming up for the pitch??