Mantra Mania

jcs

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Hey,

Doesn't background's sharpness bother you a little bit? It's sharper than she is which makes her look a little bit soft (to me at least). Other than that, I like it :).

BTW. Did you test 1DX II for hot pixel issue as described here? People on dvxuser forum suspect 1DXII might be prone to it.

1 hour ago, tomekk said:

Hey,

Doesn't background's sharpness bother you a little bit? It's sharper than she is which makes her look a little bit soft (to me at least). Other than that, I like it :).

BTW. Did you test 1DX II for hot pixel issue as described here? People on dvxuser forum suspect 1DXII might be prone to it.

Thanks for noticing the background/foreground blur. We have limited time to produce these and figure most viewers will be on mobile devices. In any case, I'll be sure to add Gaussian blur on backgrounds sharper than the foreground (have been doing this sometimes but not always).

This was shot on the C300 II at 1080p 50Mbps IPB (holds up really well for most things, however for moderate to extreme grades, I might start using 12-bit 444 1080p).

If I have time tomorrow I'll do the test with the 1DX II.

3 hours ago, Dan Wake said:

there is a dark shadow top head corners/hair that in my opinion should be light/brighten up and maybe colored (this case warm light maybe)

p.s. here on eodhd the mantra seems to be sony, canon, blackmagic, arri.... XD

Hey Dan the dark edges on the hair are probably from the green screen keyer (Ultra in PP CC). Will look into that issue for future shoots. Thanks for pointing it out.

47 minutes ago, FilmMan said:

Jcs, the video looks good! The C300 II is a high quality beast.   Skin tones look really good.  Sound is really good.  Well done.  By the way,  it is an important topic which affects many people.  Cheers.

Thanks FilmMan. C300 II is set up with 'Alexa' settings, using an Alexa LUT in Lumetri, and various quick tweaks with shadows, highlights, and saturation. Sound- one channel is the Schoeps CMC6 MK41 and the other is the Audix SCX-1 HC, both straight into the camera (with limiter enabled). These mics sound very similar despite the difference in cost. While the limiters and AD converters in Sound Devices recorders are better, the C300 II does a pretty good job.