Tons of problems with new Macbook Pro

Ed_David

Well sorry to hear about all these problems... Can't say I'm experiencing any such problems with my 2016 MBP. Everything so far is going pretty smooth. I did take note that the touch bar is not customizable in FCPX... something I was disappointed to learn. But there have really been no show stopper as of yet. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
43 minutes ago, DBounce said:

Well sorry to hear about all these problems... Can't say I'm experiencing any such problems with my 2016 MBP. Everything so far is going pretty smooth. I did take note that the touch bar is not customizable in FCPX... something I was disappointed to learn. But there have really been no show stopper as of yet. 

Great to hear, especially as mine should be arriving any day now. So worried from all the videos on YouTube showing screens going nuts, etc. Never in my life until now have I ordered electronics worrying that  a new product will malfunction. Anyhow, I'm purchasing Apple Care, to be sure.

3 hours ago, DBounce said:

That thing is ridiculous... What's the point to adding all that bulk if you're not also adding battery?

I'm sure they will make one with a battery later.

I think keeping it out for weight reasons. Lenovo made one with a battery I think for usb c laptop.

I think whether or not the MBP works, if it's rendering 400x slower than the previous MBP, there is a problem there.  The only reason I was interested in it was for the increased gfx card capability

13 hours ago, Don Kotlos said:

I don't know kaylee, but if I had to edit large projects at remote locations I could see myself using this monster:

Screen Shot 2017-01-05 at 10.01.13 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-05 at 10.01.27 AM.png

i think thats a cool concept tbh!!! im over the idea of a lightweight laptop, i dont care anymore! give me a portable workstation that weighs 15lbs that KICKS ASS!!!

> in other news, i returned a touchbar mbp today because it failed to restart when connected to an external hard drive (yes thats right). tried different hard drives

It really looks like Apple haven't just dropped the ball, they've lost it completely.

I was looking forward to the MBP as a replacement for my old iMac, but am now thinking that going over to the darkside (pc) will be a better idea & buying a full copy of Resolve. I'm still holding out for an iMac update, but am starting to really hate the way Apple are operating/treating their customers - it's like they are slowly turning the knife that they've already stuck into you!

If Microsoft can admit that their loathing of Linux was a mistake, why do Apple continue to think that crippling their products is a good business plan?

2 minutes ago, jonpais said:

I haven't received it yet. Expecting it by the end of this month. Also expecting just a few hours of battery life. 

Ah, OK. Why just a few hours? ... I'd return it if that was the case. One of my friends just returned his but the other is very happy with his. Seems like a bit f a crap shoot with these new MBP's.

Just now, Dean said:

Ah, OK. Why just a few hours? ... I'd return it if that was the case. One of my friends just returned his but the other is very happy with his. Seems like a bit f a crap shoot with these new MBP's.

Not sure if I can or not. Customer not king in Vietnam.