WTB: Anamorphic. Elmoscope-II or best option ASAP

Paul Houston

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Take the time and be patient. But look daily or more often at Ebay. Check with Google if there are any new Elmoscopes or Kowa 16H/8Z lenses. Look at Japanese auctions for example. I did the same and bought recently (at Ebay) a Bolex 16/32 for half of the price you often see at Ebay. The time I spend looking was 2-3 months. Good luck!

14 minutes ago, keessie65 said:

Take the time and be patient. But look daily or more often at Ebay. Check with Google if there are any new Elmoscopes or Kowa 16H/8Z lenses. Look at Japanese auctions for example. I did the same and bought recently (at Ebay) a Bolex 16/32 for half of the price you often see at Ebay. The time I spend looking was 2-3 months. Good luck!

Sound advice!

I have an Elmoscope II in top condition.  What's your price to buy?  Wasn't planning on selling it honestly but I have too many anamorphics and if you make me a good offer I'd consider parting ways with my Elmo.  PM me your offer and if it works for me I'll make an eBay auction with pics so you can look at it and buy securely.

Here are some quick crap pics of my Elmo and redstan clamp.  If you are still in the market I'll shoot better ones for you to fully see all the details of the lens.  It's in excellent shape....seems near mint to me but I'm not knowledgable of exactly to name the official status of lenses.  Other than a couple tiny marks on the outside the lens is a beauty.

IMG_9709.JPG

IMG_9710.JPG

IMG_9711.JPG

I haven't thought about price really...let me get back to you.  I can put it on eBay for sale and shipping to the UK or wherever else.  I'd be selling with the redstan clamp but would you want a front redstan filter clamp and/or a taking lens as well?  If you prefer I could send you a complete unit ready to shoot with or just the Elmo II and the rear clamp.

Hey there.  Sorry I've been crazy busy with work and shooting day and night.  I completely forgot to check this thread.  I bought the Elmo II for $425 +shipping last year and the redstan clamp is probably worth at least 50 but I can't recall exact amount.  I'll do the 1 rear clamp and lens for $400 (not including shipping which I have no clue how much that will be as it gets calculated after purchase through eBay shipping app).  If you want to buy at that price I'll post in eBay with a Buy it Now option so you can buy it right away.  It's in really good shape and was advertised as "Mint" when I bought it although I don't know what constitutes "Mint Condition" exactly.  I will say that it's pretty damn nice and I'm sure you'll love it.  If you don't like it for some reason I'll give you a few days to change your mind and refund your money once it arrives back at my place in same condition.  The only thing I ask is that if you do return it you will need to cover the shipping cost as I really don't want to lose money sending this lens across the pond and back so to speak.  But, again, I have no clue why you wouldn't keep it forever as it is quite nice.  Just remembering now that it does have little marks around the front barrel from the tiny screws from a CoreDNA focus module screwed onto the front barrel.  They are very small and only cosmetic....probably just paint scraped off by the screws honestly.  I'm sure you'll be attaching a Rectilux or something similar anyway so you'll never see those little marks anyway.  

I'm only selling this because I went insane this year buying anamorphic lenses and it's just ridiculous over here at my house.  I saw your post and it inspired me to sell off one....maybe more to come.  In fact if someone is reading this I do have an Iscorama Pre-36 that I may sell (along with the original 50mm taking lens that Iscorama sold them with back in the day.  It has a Nikon mount.  I never use it because I always put my own taking lens onto the back with a redstan 2-part clamp.  Part of me wishes I didn't just write this but I'm on a selling bender now and that sucker would pay for some much needed other toys on the list.

That's nice of you to offer for sure but I'm both lazy and busy and it's super easy to do international shipping with ebay and I want to make sure I can get this out to you quickly by just dropping the pre-labeled package at the post office.  I know PayPal does shipping too but their international option is new to me.  Let me check it out and then I'll either go PayPal or eBay.  

Interested in any other anamorphics?  I've thinking of selling my yashica (mini lens...kinda like the baby hypergonar), fm lens variable diopter (those are impossible to find online but I've got an extra one and am going to buy a core dna soon so have to clean house, Iscorama Pre-36 with 50mm original iscorama taking lens f2.8 w/ Nikon mount & redstan clamps, Hypergonar 16 STOP, and a regular spherical (non-anamorphic) Olympus Pen F 38mm 1.8 prime lens (Ian Weir rec'd it to use with the baby hyper and it's aweome....just that mine has a looseness in the front stage of the housing and I'm not a guy who can fix things like that and too lazy to have repaired.  It's a beauty if you aren't considering the slight repair needed to make it tight with no play.  

I also have a shit ton of high end diopters from +.25 to +1.25.  Lots of different sizes and most are achromatic.  

Anyway talk soon, 

Jay

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...