Low budget microphones

Mikebike

Hello, 

I have a question about microphones. I need two microphone with xlr that can take up two casters with good quality. I don't know anything about microphones. Any one have any sugestions ?

More info:
These microphones are going into a extern sound card with two xlr in.
Then the sound card is connected through USB.
These microphones need to take up good speech sound from two people.
I need to use them for panels and film making.

Best regards
Mike

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

You have to give more information. Usually it goes a mic per person, or you have a boomman do the work moving the microphone accordingly.

If the people are close, you can use a cardioid microphone.

You should check the Oktava 012 set, with 3 capsules, a cardioid (good for two people close together, instruments), a omni (taking sound from all around it, good for bad placement, but in our industry is a disadvantage, because it receives unwanted sounds) and a super cardioid, like a cardioid, but with narrower "beam", the most appropriate for our industry, and it could be possible good for what you want too.

It is in your budget, but you will need a good Rycotte wind shield and a good Rycote mic holder with the Lyre system so you have to add 100-200$ to your budget. It is extremely sensitive to air, mic movement, and handling noises.

4 hours ago, Kisaha said:

You have to give more information. Usually it goes a mic per person, or you have a boomman do the work moving the microphone accordingly.

If the people are close, you can use a cardioid microphone.

You should check the Oktava 012 set, with 3 capsules, a cardioid (good for two people close together, instruments), a omni (taking sound from all around it, good for bad placement, but in our industry is a disadvantage, because it receives unwanted sounds) and a super cardioid, like a cardioid, but with narrower "beam", the most appropriate for our industry, and it could be possible good for what you want too.

It is in your budget, but you will need a good Rycotte wind shield and a good Rycote mic holder with the Lyre system so you have to add 100-200$ to your budget. It is extremely sensitive to air, mic movement, and handling noises.

I don't think that this will be anything but a studio setup. Cause he said it's an external sound card with USB connection. 

All in all, I think he can get by with 2 dynamic mics with variable pick-up patterns (cardioid, omni, super cardioid; you can google search that - their corresponding pictures are on the belt of every mic.) I think you can grab a couple of Senheissers from your local music store. You might want to grab a couple of mic stands too.