What camera do you want to see a review of next?

Andrew Reid

What camera do you want to see a review of next?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Choose camera -

• Olympus E-M1 II
    • Sony A6500
    • Canon EOS M5
    • Canon 5D Mark IV
    • Panasonic G80/G85

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Administrators
1 hour ago, mat33 said:

Just prepare yourself for emotional fallout when the A7500 is announced in Feb, rendering the A6500 completely obsolete and worth nothing on the 2nd hand market :-) 

Or maybe they will pull out of the camera market like Samsung and we'll hail it as the pinnacle of Sony's achievements.

I'm baffled that people still put up with the Sony quirks in the A6x00-range... who wants a camera that's unreliable? Or atleast gets so hot you can bake an egg on it (maybe nice winter hand warmer though). Deal with that kind of nauseating rolling shutter? Maybe otherwise it scales lovely detailed images and you might've fixed the overall color and channel clipping issues thereof. Anyways. Curiosity killed the cat. I'm not one to be all over that, but I guess you want to try out profiles for that camera. And then ditch it as soon as you figure 'ah, now I remember why this sucks', as it probably wasn't the color alone. Casheroos down the drain. I'd be more likely to get a NX1 if I wanted APS-C. Actually, I think the X-T2 might make more sense now. Or you can just suck it up and deal with the smaller sensor performance out of m43 cameras already if you must have sensor stabilization... GX80, G80, GH5, E-M1 Mark II. Take those over the A6500 until Sony decides not to make sucky APS-C cameras anymore. :confused: But you know. Everyone gotta do what they gotta do. Wish Panasonic would join up with Blackmagic Design for a re-do of the BMPCC and approach things a little more differently this time. A more sizeable and serious standalone 4K ProRes/RAW DNG shooter. There's nice ingredients all over the place... but noone's nailed a sweet dish quite yet. Why does it always have to be a little sour or bitter... and for Pete's sake, can't we have Nikon meddle in already? I'd love to see a mirrorless no-bs (e.g. crop) 4K APS-C camera by Nikon to be honest. No cinema line to protect there. I'd be all over that.

6 hours ago, Dan Wake said:

please make tests for vertical stripes in your review (and aliasing please). thanks

Yes that would be good especially in 4K. It seems that moire and vertical stairstepping is showing up on G8, GX85 and G7 4K footage. Dr Dave has bought it to attention on some other sites. Seems that the G7 is the lesser of the culprits. This footage by Dr Dave is a good example of it showing up on musical instruments and architecture.