EOSHD Pro Color for Sony Cameras

tomsemiterrific

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
16 minutes ago, Rodolfo Fernandes said:

Its EOSHD with cine4 on a6500

Using the a6500 EOSHD settings on my a7s but having seen Harv's video on YouTube I want to try Pro Color with S-log 2 on my A7sii.

Been put off from ever trying S-log because it is supposed to be next to impossible to grade unless you are near expert level.

Reckon it's time to make a fool of myself :)

11 minutes ago, Davey said:

Using the a6500 EOSHD settings on my a7s but having seen Harv's video on YouTube I want to try Pro Color with S-log 2 on my A7sii.

Been put off from ever trying S-log because it is supposed to be next to impossible to grade unless you are near expert level.

Reckon it's time to make a fool of myself :)

Before you do that, am I missing something? EOSHD color settings do not include Slog 2. And it is not for grading; that's the point.

8 hours ago, markr041 said:

Before you do that, am I missing something? EOSHD color settings do not include Slog 2. And it is not for grading; that's the point.

It certainly is for S-log if you shoot that. Cine for quick SOOTC with little to add in post, but this guy is making me want to try something different:

12 hours ago, markr041 said:

I like that picture, but that is not what EOSHD looks like out of the camera:

No it is not, but is pretty damn close to this, normal color profile won't allow me to get this end result with this little work put into it and thats why i like it. And its not a picture its a video frame grab

No, EOSHD is not "for" SLog 2, or Slog 3 or "Movie" or "Picture" gammas for that matter. In the video, the guy graded his ersatz EOSHD profile, using Slog2 (not an EOSHD setting), with a LUT. Obviously, one is free to do anything with the EOSHD settings, but changing the gamma from the EOSHD one evidently puts one right back in the never-never-land of LUTS, which EOSHD settings were designed to avoid. But I am sure everyone would be interested to see what you come up with.

Hi, are there any news regarding EOSHD Pro Color and SLog2? I tried Harv's settings - it's a guess, but the settings should be pretty obvious - but the results look vastly different to the SOOC look in regards to the colours. I'd like to be able to match both versions, so will there be an EOSHD Pro Color update that takes SLog2 into account, maybe coupling it with a suitable LUT?

Would be good to know.

20 hours ago, tomsemiterrific said:

Shot this yesterday. Sony a6500, with metabones speed booster, Sigma 85mm 1.8, Canon 16-35, Sigma 24-70 2.8.  All hand held. Footage using EOSHD S-log II settings, and graded with an EOSHD LUT in FCPX.

I like the results of what you did, but I am totally confused how you did it. What EOSHD Sony Slog 2 settings? What EOSHD LUT? I own EOSHD Sony Pro color and there is no LUT and no settings including Slog 2.

1 hour ago, markr041 said:

I like the results of what you did, but I am totally confused how you did it. What EOSHD Sony Slog 2 settings? What EOSHD LUT? I own EOSHD Sony Pro color and there is no LUT and no settings including Slog 2.

In the informational material Andrew sends he gives settings for an EOSHD out of the camera look--no need for grading. He recommends you put these settings in pic. profile 1. In pic profile 2 he recommends using S-log II as the gamma and special settings.

Those S-log settings is what I used to shoot this footage.

Now, if you'll scroll down further in the ed. material you'll see a big headline: "Looking for LUTs for S-Log II?

And under that heading Andrew describes various LUTs he's designed for S-log II...and gives you an option to download.

They are very good LUTs. I used High Dynamic range LUT no. 2 for these shots, but the other LUTS (8 of them I think) are very good. If you have Andrew's info. book on this I think you'll find it all there, settings, and a link to purchase the LUTS--they're inexpensive.

IMG_0393.jpg

IMG_0392.jpg

13 hours ago, tomsemiterrific said:

In the informational material Andrew sends he gives settings for an EOSHD out of the camera look--no need for grading. He recommends you put these settings in pic. profile 1. In pic profile 2 he recommends using S-log II as the gamma and special settings.

Those S-log settings is what I used to shoot this footage.

Now, if you'll scroll down further in the ed. material you'll see a big headline: "Looking for LUTs for S-Log II?

And under that heading Andrew describes various LUTs he's designed for S-log II...and gives you an option to download.

They are very good LUTs. I used High Dynamic range LUT no. 2 for these shots, but the other LUTS (8 of them I think) are very good. If you have Andrew's info. book on this I think you'll find it all there, settings, and a link to purchase the LUTS--they're inexpensive.

IMG_0393.jpg

IMG_0392.jpg

Thanks for this information. I purchased EOSHD Pro Color, and it has no settings for using Slog 2 at all. So I am still confused. I get that there are LUTs for sale, but where are the settings for Slog2? Again, they are not in the EOSHD Pro Color for Sony I purchased. So, in what package?

53 minutes ago, markr041 said:

Thanks for this information. I purchased EOSHD Pro Color, and it has no settings for using Slog 2 at all. So I am still confused. I get that there are LUTs for sale, but where are the settings for Slog2? Again, they are not in the EOSHD Pro Color for Sony I purchased. So, in what package?

I can't say. I would write Andrew about this. The settings should be stated pretty much up front in the same informational material that the information about the LUTS are found. 

There are two sets of adjustments in the picture profiles. One for a straight off the card look with minimal editing. The second is settings for a pic. profile using S-log II as the gamma. The advert for the S-log II LUTS is there to match with the Log settings. They work well with the S-log II settings Andrew provides.

4 hours ago, markr041 said:

Your problem is that you don't have the original PDF.

You must have bought it a few weeks or more later and got the updated version which DOESN'T have S-log settings. This came out around 13th December.

hey i just bought the pro color for sony. But im sort of new to filming. Im trying to figure out whats the best settings you guys set your camera at. I've been doing some research trying to figure it out whats the best. The Camera will be mounted onto a gimbal stablizier. 

I have a sony a7r ii.

Im using Auto focus with Tracking sensitiviy high / af drive speed normal / Not sure about what to set the focus setting to be though Zone? Center? Spot?
4k 30fps 100mb super35
White balance i will use the guide. I also bought a gary fong white balance dome thing.
Iso < Do you guys leave the iso on auto? It feels werid sometimes when im recording and the shade changes becasue of the exposure. What is a typical iso you guys use for indoor, outdoor?

What other settings do i have to think about and etc.?

Thanks

1 hour ago, Davey said:

You must have bought it a few weeks or more later and got the updated version which DOESN'T have S-log settings. This came out around 13th December.

So, I wonder why he omitted the S-Log settings in the later text. The S-log settings combined with the LUTs work a treat.

3 hours ago, Davey said:

You are correct. Could we get an explanation why this information was pulled, especially given the above examples with Slog? I am very happy with the settings for ooc video.