EOSHD Pro Color for Sony Cameras

tomsemiterrific

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

@Dipak I think you still do not understand what the EOSHD Pro Color is about - it is getting good color out of the camera by using the powerful tools in the camera. Period. Thus, there is no need for a Lut - the alterations are done in camera. There is no need for any grading or conversion in post unless you want to achieve some kind of "look". Is this clear? No lut supplied or needed.

EOSHD Pro Color at night:

No lut, no adjustments in post.

On 01/03/2017 at 7:02 AM, Dipak said:

@Andrew Reid As u said the update v3 is coming a lil while back so m egerly waiting... I got the v2 but it doesn't have the log settings...

This is great news! I just purchased the EOSHD profile last night. I am looking forward to shooting with the recommended (non-log) settings on my a6500 this weekend...but I am also am interested in shooting S-Log2. Like many users (including Harv Video, whose review of EOSHD was posted yesterday), I prefer to shoot S-Log2 and am doing my best to create my own hybrid S-Log2/EOSHD profile. It would be great to get Andrew's recommended S-Log2 profile for the a6500!

This looks superb! But I'm confused whether there is an S-log2 setting or not? This video compares Sony's standard S-log2 setting compared to EOSHD Pro Color S-log2 setting, but my impression is that there is no S-log2 settings as of yet? Clarification on this? :)

Edit: I saw in the comments that the maker of that clip just applied the EOSHD Pro Color settings to the standard S-log2 setting (in this case on the A6500) I bought it :)

For those of you struggling with the white balance setup, here's a super easy way of doing it. Since you can't adjust the Kelvin on Custom 1, 2, & 3 (for some stupid reason) on most Sony cameras, you have to point the camera at different light source and hope you nail the desired kelvin. Instead, open up a white background in photoshop. Ad a second layer and fill it with orange color. Then you just point the center of the camera on the the computer screen and dial the opacity of the orange layer to achieve the desired kelvin degree. If you want to go higher on the kelvin scale, just switch the orange layer to a blue layer and adjust the opacity accordingly to get the desired white balance:thumbsup:

//cheers

2 hours ago, Shirozina said:

I'm using an A7r2 and with the recommended Gamma setting  it's disabling the zebras - anyone else confirm this?

You have to choose different zebra settings depending on which gamma you're working with. If you want to see what it actually clips, set the zebra to 100+