EOSHD Pro Color for Sony Cameras

tomsemiterrific

2 hours ago, JeremyDulac said:

Same here! I love how the color depth adds to the image, but skin tones wind up very overly red compared to everything else which looks more natural. 

Nothing wrong with tweaking the settings or going with a slightly colder white balance if your particular camera is struggling.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
33 minutes ago, Davey said:

Nothing wrong with tweaking the settings or going with a slightly colder white balance if your particular camera is struggling.

Play with the color phase and it will work out :)

Can I get $2 for this advice? ;)

14 minutes ago, chikoo said:

Play with the color phase and it will work out :)

Can I get $2 for this advice? ;)

I dont think my issue is color phase. It has been at zero. I am getting a distinct oversaturation of skin tones...my qualm with toning down the red channel color depth is it only effects skin tones this way...other reds look good and natural except for skin tones...I had far better luck with sgamut color on my a7rii..it did not suffer from this same issue.

On 1/25/2017 at 3:13 AM, rebel4ever said:

Hello, i just purchased the profile, its v2, but i cant seem to find the settings for the log profile.

I think Andrew decided the log profile was not what he intended for this picture profile; excuse me Andrew for assuming your thoughts, but thought that's what you said in an earlier comment. If you have a sony a7sii or fs camera then just use the same one as the V1, if not, use the new settings given in V2 but change the gamma to log.

I only have the v2 version of the pdf so ill try the gamma to log change. 1 more question tho, in the v2 file it says to use same settings for A7S original and A7S2. The A7S2 looks great (except for some orange to lime-green color changes ive been noticing) but the A7S's colors arent great, its going for a much colder look even if i raise the kelvin really high. Any ideas? 

7 hours ago, rebel4ever said:

I only have the v2 version of the pdf so ill try the gamma to log change. 1 more question tho, in the v2 file it says to use same settings for A7S original and A7S2. The A7S2 looks great (except for some orange to lime-green color changes ive been noticing) but the A7S's colors arent great, its going for a much colder look even if i raise the kelvin really high. Any ideas? 

The a7s doesnt have as much of a yellow cast as the a7sii, so dialing down the white balance matrix settings Andrew provided (matrix not white balance) might make it warmer. Also if your using s-gmaut as a substitute on the a7s, use the V2 version for the a6500.

The A6500 settings do indeed provide a better color for the A7S, just finished a small project and even tho there is a difference in color between the S1 and S2 its easy to correct in post.

@zuberman - Im getting that same red-to-orange glow in the car's stoplights on my A7S and A7S ii plus some orange-to-lime-green in some instances. Would be nice if we could get rid of those without messing the rest of the color.

I've just bought a Sony RX10 (the first version of the RX range but with the XAVC S codec available) and I've been checking this forum to see if EOSHD Pro Color can be applied to this camera. I understand Pro Color can be used with the later RX10 II etc, but unless I've missed it the RX10 isn't mentioned. I'm not going to assume I can use it on the RX10 because the sensor on this first of the RX range is not quite the same as the later ones. Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if it was applicable with maybe a tweak or two. Andrew, I would be very grateful if you would confirm the Pro Color situation regarding the RX10. Cheers.   

• 2 weeks later...

So I recently purchased the Sony a6300 to shoot a feature film on so I thought I'd test it out once loaded with the EOS HD Pro Color color fix (Found here: http://www.eoshd.com/2016/11/now-available-eoshd-pro-color-for-sony-cameras-including-a7s-ii-a7r-ii-and-a6300/) which gives the Sony much more of a Canon type color profile. (Review coming soon) 

I also wanted to see how using such color settings would look and grade once modified with S-log 2 and S-log 3. Which once the pro color settings are input into an S-log profile, its essentially like shooting in C-log. 

So in order for this test to work I really wanted to try and push a grading scenario and at the same time see how the A6300 handles in low light . So here's what I did. 

1. Set the Camera to XAVCHD 4k 100 mbps 

2. Loaded my custom picture profile with a modified Pro Color with S-log 3

3. Turned off all lights in the room and used the flashlight app on my phone as the only additional non practical light (Other lights include just my computers monitor and some Christmas lights that were already on outside) 

4. Set my Rokinon 24mm f1.4 to 2 and left my canon 50mm f.14 wide open

5. turned the cameras ISO to 8000 

6. Called my brother Matthew in to act with no more than a seconds notice.

and began to shoot.. 

We shot the test in about 5 minutes and then with about 10 more minutes of editing and some brightness and contrast adjustment (No other grading was done, just added contrast) I was done!

Here's my results

Hello Andrew, 

Looking forward to trying this as I am considering going all Sony on my video productions. I did send in payment via paypal but did not receive anything. I

did check my spam folders as well. Maybe I just need to be patient but wanted to check at and see if I missed anything. 

Used EOSHD Pro Color at a wedding on Saturday - Phase 0 on the a7sii and the a6500 settings on the a7s.

Worked a treat under poor lighting indoors in the day and mixed lighting indoors at night with both cameras producing results that needed little work in post. Probably saved me about 20 hours trying to correct everything and generally making a mess of things.