EOSHD Pro Color for Sony Cameras

tomsemiterrific

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Nha Trang

Here's a video I shot of Nha Trang in Vietnam when I was there over the Christmas holidays. I shot it with the Sony a6300 and 35mm f.18 or 10-18mm f4. The only colour corrections I made in post were to do with the highlights and shadows. The colours themselves were adjusted using the camera's white balance settings based upon the settings in the PDF.

Hi there, I'm having issues using the settings on my FS7, the latest version of the instructions (v2) doesn't even mention it... did I miss the memo? the main issue I have is when selecting the recommended gamma I can't alter knee or black gamma...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

On a6300 with Milvus 35mm

I am coming up with a pretty severe magenta cast across my whites and yellows. No interior lighting. Cloudy sky. The problem remains across the board with various WB temperature settings.

Second picture is a snap with the iPhone6 which is representing very true colours as seen via AWB.

The skintones I am getting are far too red / magenta as well. My blacks are getting teal undertones. 

A simple look at the color wheel shows me that there is an overall shift in phase towards blues. 

I've double checked the settings. As is, the results I am getting in my initial tests are more along the lines of a punchy creative LUT than a dialed in color profile. 

Any pointers?

DSC01594.jpg

IMG_6171.JPG

color-wheel-300.gif

I have contacted Andrew twice through the website contact. I purchased the EOSHD settings but did not get it downloaded or read before link expired. I can not get another copy sent to me. Does anyone have any ideas on what to do? Thanks

I haven't got/used the EOSHD ProColour - tbh what's putting me off is the lack of explanation as to what you actually get for your money?!

However, on a7smk2 I just made the switch from using s.gamut to 'pro' colour space in slog 2 and it's a massive improvement. No 'scientific' tests but it's lost (most of) that horrible yellow/green cast that s.gamut seemed to give everything. And it handles mixed lighting on skin tones so much better.

One shot stood out - this was shot at 7000k with a desk lamp giving most of the light on their faces. Obviously not perfect rendering but so much better than before...

Screen Shot 2017-01-18 at 15.59.44.png

8 minutes ago, Ed Andrews said:

I haven't got/used the EOSHD ProColour - tbh what's putting me off is the lack of explanation as to what you actually get for your money?!

However, on a7smk2 I just made the switch from using s.gamut to 'pro' colour space in slog 2 and it's a massive improvement. No 'scientific' tests but it's lost (most of) that horrible yellow/green cast that s.gamut seemed to give everything. And it handles mixed lighting on skin tones so much better.

One shot stood out - this was shot at 7000k with them having a desk lamp (2500k?). Obviously not perfect rendering but so much better than before...

Screen Shot 2017-01-18 at 15.59.44.png

Was this shot mainly with 5600k (daylight) lighting? I'm assuming it was for using 7000k

Just now, Ben J. said:

Was this shot mainly with 5600k (daylight) lighting? I'm assuming it was for using 7000k

Nah, I turned nasty office strip lights off and only used the natural light from big windows behind them. It was today in London. Bright winter sun around midday but windows were all north facing. There was some bounce coming from windows in the building opposite so all rather blue. Camera set to 7000k

On 16/01/2017 at 7:48 PM, Mls02 said:

I have contacted Andrew twice through the website contact. I purchased the EOSHD settings but did not get it downloaded or read before link expired. I can not get another copy sent to me. Does anyone have any ideas on what to do? Thanks

I bet he's busy with something besides the site, since he's usually very helpful with these cases.

Contacting him through the forum or by mail is the correct method. Try again if you haven't gotten any response in a few days.

On 1/16/2017 at 11:24 AM, chikoo said:

I also find that using this picture profile results in camera consistently using way higher ISO than when not using it. For example std is 6400, the profile uses 10,000.

It might help to change the knee when shooting in dark night scenes/high iso.