EOSHD Pro Color for Sony Cameras

tomsemiterrific

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Andrew, I recently ordered from Eoshd and downloaded a Pro Color for Sony Cameras Cine2, that happens to be a very nice PP for Sony. I saw on the web someone using the EOSHD Pro Color for Sony Cameras V2 Cine4. I guess that the version that I downloaded is a V1. My question is, how can I get the EOSHD Pro Color for Sony V2.

Thank you very much, and thank you also for the great contribution you have been made since the GH2 times

Orlando

orlamail@gmail.com

On 12.12.2016 at 4:21 AM, Andrew Reid said:

UPDATE 3 is in the works

Again no need to contact me directly for the update (unless you don't get the newsletter in a few days).

Has this newsletter/Update 3 already been send out?

Didn't receive anything via email so far.

Not sure if I'm doing it wrong, but I tried to get blue/green clipping using various profiles - set my tv to a blue background (http://wallpapercave.com/wp/Hvtxo6m.jpg) - got green clipping even using Eoshd profile and a bunch of other profiles I've been messing around with and reading about.  I flipped through various color modes and found that the sgamut3.cine kept the blues blue.

I also stuck a flashlight on the ground with a blue gel, but all profiles showed it pretty much bluish or cyan.  So I guess it really depends on the lighting source.

WB at 3600K.  As I increased K to 5600 or more, tv green turns into cyan or blue.

So I guess the blue clipping is really affected by the source, color profile, and wb settings, but sgamut3.cine seems to keep it "bluer" for longer, but presumably would turn eventually turn green depending on your settings.  But then in sgamut3.cine, it feels like it has a slightly more greenish cast to skin tones (ironically) and you can't adjust color depth... 

I was only going by the back of the screen, not sure what actual recorded material would look like

Thank you Andrew, I'm excited to get this working on my a7s mk 1. I tried the original settings, then the a6xxx settings after having a weird problem (i'm presuming with sgamut, like you said). Although you mentioned trying v2 of the a6xxx settings. The PDF I received this evening had no version marking in the title, although I can see it was created Dec 07. Would this be the latest version?

Thank you!

12 hours ago, mmatthews said:

Thank you Andrew, I'm excited to get this working on my a7s mk 1. I tried the original settings, then the a6xxx settings after having a weird problem (i'm presuming with sgamut, like you said). Although you mentioned trying v2 of the a6xxx settings. The PDF I received this evening had no version marking in the title, although I can see it was created Dec 07. Would this be the latest version?

Thank you!

When I downloaded the new one (after already having V1) the PDF was titled, "EOSHD-Pro-Color-Sony-Update" so it's possible he removed the title for all NEW buyers so as not to confuse them.  Dec 7 is the creation date for V2.  The original PDF V1 was made Nov 27th.

Hi to everybody

Sorry to bother you again and again. I still have only first version of EOSHD pro color for Sony. Mine is original A7s.  I wrote directly to Andrew Reid a few times. There are my posts on this forum. No reaction at all. Am I breaking some rules? Is it because my poor English?

Regards

2 minutes ago, Galgant said:

Hi to everybody

Sorry to bother you again and again. I still have only first version of EOSHD pro color for Sony. Mine is original A7s.  I wrote directly to Andrew Reid a few times. There are my posts on this forum. No reaction at all. Am I breaking some rules? Is it because my poor English?

Regards

You have the updated version. 

5 minutes ago, Galgant said:

Hi Davey

My version is 1.2. There is nothing about A6500 settings which are suitable for A7s according to this forum.

Thanks for the fast response

I read it on here some weeks ago (there were two threads at the time). I'm at work now so it's not so convenient for me to find it. I did screenshot the relevant posts in case I got confused with the a7s settings but these are at home. I haven't yet applied Pro Color to my a7s because I am still experimenting with Pro Color settings on my A7sii.

Hi omega1978

In my version (1.2) there is no separate settings for a7s and a6500. According to version 1,2 they are the same. Only fs5 is different.

Thank you for the interest

Hi Davey

I am confused. Is version 2 available or mine 1,2 is the latest one? I am pushing so hard because I heard that mine version is not as good for a7s mk1 as the latest one.

Thank you again

36 minutes ago, Galgant said:

Hi Davey

So how can I get version2? Wait? Pay again? Any suggestions ?

Thanks

I'd just wait. This is more a thread for posting footage and discussing that footage. I haven't seen a post from Andrew for a few days so I suspect he's busy for now.

Has anyone other than Mc wedding films tried shooting in higher kelvin on sony cameras in standard picture profile? I wonder if the problem people have with Wb or images looking too dead/cold, is because sony's WB is off. I wonder if half the problem is just that people need to stop using the standard WB values and start using higher values. It seems from some posts that an extra 700-800 kelvin is nice, but also try other values like 300 or whatever. Since the eoshd profile doesn't work really on the sony a6500/a6300 (cause of the color depth being disabled) I would love to see if my theory is true. Because the problem is that sony boosts their highlights with blue compared to canon/blackmagic. I've done this in post, but I would like to see some in camera white balance.