EOSHD Pro Color for Sony Cameras

tomsemiterrific

On 12/14/2016 at 3:34 PM, teddoman said:

One of the side benefits will be nice SOOC jpegs. I shoot raw + jpeg, so that's definitely a plus for me.

Unfortunately Picture Profiles do not give the same colors between jpeg stills & movies.

This is one of the main reasons I don't shoot in manual mode since I cannot preview the colors and WB correctly. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
7 hours ago, Don Kotlos said:

Unfortunately Picture Profiles do not give the same colors between jpeg stills & movies.

This is one of the main reasons I don't shoot in manual mode since I cannot preview the colors and WB correctly. 

Really? I'll have to test out the PPs in jpegs.

And what's this about preview in manual mode? Just last night I was playing with WB in manual mode and could clearly see a preview on the LCD screen if that's what you mean. I'm using an A6300.

4 hours ago, teddoman said:

And what's this about preview in manual mode? Just last night I was playing with WB in manual mode and could clearly see a preview on the LCD screen if that's what you mean. I'm using an A6300.

What I meant is that that. Since colors are not the same between stills and video you cannot preview the final result when in manual mode. You might have a nicely looking image when recording and then as soon as you hit record boom colors are totally off. That is with an A7rii and I am not aware of any setting that can change this. 

3 hours ago, AlperKasap said:

I used these pro settings for the first time today and i found the skint ones to be very RED even when perfectly exposed and correct white balance skin tones where just too redish...

Not sure if these settings are correct ? Can anyone clarify ?

Try setting the color phase to 0 you can read more about it in the picture profiles advice section.

12 hours ago, Eric Johnson said:

Try setting the color phase to 0 you can read more about it in the picture profiles advice section.

That's what I'll be trying today with the kids outdoors. They'll be wearing bright colours because I want to see how the saturation elsewhere behaves alongside accurate skin tones.

• Administrators
19 hours ago, AlperKasap said:

I used these pro settings for the first time today and i found the skint ones to be very RED even when perfectly exposed and correct white balance skin tones where just too redish...

Not sure if these settings are correct ? Can anyone clarify ?

thanks

If you need help there are a few things you can do help me help you...

What camera model?
Maybe send me an email instead of a forum post?

15 hours ago, Don Kotlos said:

What I meant is that that. Since colors are not the same between stills and video you cannot preview the final result when in manual mode. You might have a nicely looking image when recording and then as soon as you hit record boom colors are totally off. That is with an A7rii and I am not aware of any setting that can change this. 

Eh?

The image when you record a video is the final image.

Why would you prefer the live view image with its crushed blacks and aliasing?

On 12.12.2016 at 11:48 AM, Davey said:

Easier said than done! I have tried all corners of the room and even stepped inside a cupboard with a tungsten light source, but nothing has shifted my WB from 5500K when using Custom 1, 2 or 3.

Sorry for the late reply. Didn't read the rest of the thread, so maybe this was already answered by someone else.

I just missed the point that you have to use the SET option at the very bottom of the list (below the C1-3 settings) to achieve the WB K and then store the K value to one of the Custom slots.

Inside the Custom 1-3 you cannot alter the K value, you can only alter the shift (A-B and G-M).

On 12/15/2016 at 7:56 PM, Andrew Reid said:

5 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

.Why would you prefer the live view image with its crushed blacks and aliasing?

But if you adjust the settings during live view then the color result will not be the same with the recording. so jpegs do not end up with the same colors as the videos.

58 minutes ago, Mike Hope said:

Sorry for the late reply. Didn't read the rest of the thread, so maybe this was already answered by someone else.

I just missed the point that you have to use the SET option at the very bottom of the list (below the C1-3 settings) to achieve the WB K and then store the K value to one of the Custom slots.

Inside the Custom 1-3 you cannot alter the K value, you can only alter the shift (A-B and G-M).

Cheers for that.

2 hours ago, Eric Johnson said:

Looks great I love it. Did you make any adjustments in post?

Thanks so much, Eric! The only adjustment I made was that I set the color phase at 0 in camera with the a6500 settings. In post, all I did was stabilize some clips since I was using an old FD 50/1.4. I thought about bringing the saturation down a tad but I figured that since it was such an overcast day I would leave it be as it may add a cool look. Also, I was using the standard "daylight" white balance

On 13/12/2016 at 10:12 AM, jim_cam said:

Hi Andrew,

I've done a quick test with the LUTs which you said would give a Canon faithful style image for S-LOG2 on the FS7.

I'm a bit concerned that the A7S and FS7 renders colour slightly differently and therefore these LUTs might not be suitable for both cameras...what do you think from looking at the footage?

Also the LUTs seem to need a shift in exposure to make them work. I don't really understand that I shot at 800EI and these LUTs still look underexposed despite the fact that I haven't compensated in Resolve for the exposure index difference between the 800 ISO setting and the native 2000 ISO. If anything they should look overexposed. Usually with SLog3 footage, I shoot at 800 ISO and compensate by bringing the exposure down by 1.3 stops in Resolve and applied LUTs look correct (as shown later in the clip). 

A number of them also result in banding...Plainview, Scarlett 2, Scarlett.

I really love the look you create on some of your videos and share your feelings that the Canon images are nice out of the can...so could you give me some advice on this pls.

Sorry this is in the wrong thread.

A break through and the LUTs are good for my FS7 work flow

On 12/17/2016 at 0:11 PM, emerrow said:

Thanks so much, Eric! The only adjustment I made was that I set the color phase at 0 in camera with the a6500 settings. In post, all I did was stabilize some clips since I was using an old FD 50/1.4. I thought about bringing the saturation down a tad but I figured that since it was such an overcast day I would leave it be as it may add a cool look. Also, I was using the standard "daylight" white balance

I prefer color phase 0 as well.

1 hour ago, Eric Johnson said:

I prefer color phase 0 as well.

I am going to try that in a few days - currently doing a comparison of Creative Style Standard (0-0-0) and EOSHD Pro Color (original settings). Lost a couple of days to gastric flu, so behind the ball.

Definitely getting to know my camera more intimately and understanding WB beyond AWB and gritting my teeth.

Hi all.  Sorry to use this thread for this and I totally understand if this post gets deleted:

I bought Pro Color for Sony cameras, clicked the link after paying, and then had a computer crash before I could download the document.  For some reason, I didn't get it in an email, either.  I have a shoot tomorrow I'd like to try it out on, but I need the settings.  I emailed Andrew about it and thought I'd try here, too.  Just to be clear:  I'm not asking anyone else to send me the settings.

Thanks,

- Bruce

2 hours ago, Bruce said:

Hi all.  Sorry to use this thread for this and I totally understand if this post gets deleted:

I bought Pro Color for Sony cameras, clicked the link after paying, and then had a computer crash before I could download the document.  For some reason, I didn't get it in an email, either.  I have a shoot tomorrow I'd like to try it out on, but I need the settings.  I emailed Andrew about it and thought I'd try here, too.  Just to be clear:  I'm not asking anyone else to send me the settings.

Thanks,

- Bruce

If you didn't get the email for the download instructions, how about spam folder?