Anyone having any luck with the A7sii + mc-11 adapter?

64mulford

I'm having limited success. I have the 24, 35 and 50mm Sigma ART lenses. The 50mm goes the best in regards to auto focus - quite fast. The 24mm is OK but the 35mm is terrible! Won't focus half the time and when it does lock in it's way off.

Looking at getting the 85mm ART but worried it wont work even though it is classed as being compatible.

What I'm really after is a 70-200 f2.8 (any brand) that will work. Have tried the canon version but didn't lock focus at all. I have heard this lens does work but on other cameras like the a7rii with it's superior auto focus. Anyone had success with the Sigma 70-200 f2.8 or even the Tamron on the a7sii via the mc-11?

I'm starting to think the mc-11 isn't really made for the A7sii at all, unless one of you can convince me otherwise.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
39 minutes ago, BrorSvensson said:

well the a7sii isn't known to be very good at af even with native lenses is it? I think the mc-11 only works good with a7ii, a7rii and 16300

This. A7sII is mainly a video camera, native lenses work decently but the good Full Frame AF is pretty much relegated to the A7 II and A7r II