Making a Low Budget Film

Tarantinofan

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Too many factors to consider..... is $100k just the camera budget? :-P haha

Or the total film budget? What portion is for camera?

Could be anything from a couple of Blackmagic Micro Cinema Cameras (excellent choice!) to a Kinefinity Terra 5K (great choice!) to an Arri Alexa Mini?? (fantastic choice!)

• Administrators
On 11/28/2016 at 7:04 AM, Tarantinofan said:

I have $100k leftover from Wedding sales, and my current camera is broken. Any suggestions on what I should buy? I am making a new Romantic Comedy with a cast of 5 and a crew of 3.

He has $100k and he thinks my C-LOG profile is too expensive at $15.

And then he expects help from my forum.

17 hours ago, Don Kotlos said:

Apparently there are people that buy 8K cameras for vloging. The bar is now raised and I am not sure how you can make a romantic comedy with anything less than 8K. Crazy world. And by that I mean the mentally deranged people in it. 

I hope they have people to post-process the footage as I don't imagine shooting raw for vlogging or any quick shoot-to-export projects. I'm very happy with H264 for this use !

On 28 novembre 2016 at 7:04 AM, Tarantinofan said:

I have $100k leftover from Wedding sales, and my current camera is broken. Any suggestions on what I should buy? I am making a new Romantic Comedy with a cast of 5 and a crew of 3.

I have a secret magic camera that I can sell you, but you have to pay me $99K if you want it! 

This doesn’t sound serious…
Your camera is broken, but you certainly have lenses, batteries, cards, filters, etc.
Or everything is broken? No luck…

Assuming you’re serious and you really want to renew completely your material to be "semi-pro in a decent budget" for wedding videos, I would suggest:
- Sony a6500
- Sony 18-105mm f4
- +2 batteries
- 4 SD cards 64Gb
- ND filter
- Polarizing filter
- Zhiyun crane

You'll still have $96~97k to spend in champagne, girls and drugs.

Good luck!

@benymypony I do not know what is less serious, someone that declares he has 100k for video equipment, or someone that thinks a good idea is to by a6500+2 batteries+1 lens for weddings.

I pass the whole craziness of the idea and stick only to the hard facts. Can you trust an overheating camera as your only one, especially if you live where I (Greece) and 60-70% of the population lives(in hot summery places at-near the equator)?

I used the a6300 a little while ago as a 3rd camera (but equally used with the second one, so it had quite a use) and when I inserted my second battery at the NX1, I changed the 4th at a6300, and a6500 is more power hungry. So, I say buy 6 of those, or you have to charge at all times (we did that as well, to complete the party).

I had the same lens, and it is amazing for the price and impressive image stabilizer -it was what I liked most from mybSony kit that day, but I had a full set of NX ones used among two cameras, and no way pulling all this with just one lens (certainly you need at least a prime or two, and I always use a fish eye, so 2 or 3 really).

I am not sure if a "semi pro" person can afford all these, especially in Southern Europe that Sonys sell for much (a6300 is still 1400€, body only in my country last time I checked). A semi pro cam afford a Panasonic bridge camera easier I would guess.