4k tv as monitor

gethin

thanks @Vesku awesome to see that practically demonstrated! :)  RE the 4:4:4 thing. You absolutely want this if you are doing anything other than showing video on the monitor. 4:2:2 will make text and interface stuff look horrible.  thats why referring to rtings is so good - as they will only have 4:4:4 TV in their selections for use-as-monitor.  Dont understand why philips is the only manufacturer with a 40" monitor.  I'd love to see LG's DCI 4K at 38+ inches

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
38 minutes ago, Vesku said:

4k has so much resolution that I doubt the 4:2:2 is so much worse. I have tested 4:4:4 vs 4:2:2 in my 65 inch 4k TV and the difference was quite small and visible only at very close distance. In videos and photos I did not see any difference.  

Okey dokey.  I think I would though.  I'm a bit anal with my monitors :)  But It sounds like the sort of thing that comes down to personal preference. 

• Administrators

They are too bright at close viewing distances to make for a comfortable computer monitor, and if you turn the brightness all the way down, contrast goes to hell. Also, TVs have a habit of electronic meddling on a per pixel basis, some might even have processing you can't turn off.