Andrew Reid's Sony Color

tomsemiterrific

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Administrators

I expect it would work in Picture Profiles but how about the custom white balance settings? Do you want to beta test it on your X70 for free?

Davey - no it is not just about SLOG, it is also a REC 709 fix for colour straight out of the camera. Much more Canon like and it solves lots of other stuff as well like the blue highlights freaking out, clipping and the horrible yellow cast to night shots.

Examples coming soon... difference is big!!

7 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

I expect it would work in Picture Profiles but how about the custom white balance settings? Do you want to beta test it on your X70 for free?

Well, I am happy to buy it. The X70 is a pretty darn good camcorder, and it could really benefit from Canon Color.

The X70 is the only Sony I own. I switched to Canon about 2 years ago after 10 years of shooting Sony. I switched because the Sony color drove me NUTS---and I owned them all: FS100, FS700, FS5---and never bought an FS7 because I saw several FS7 videos, including Phillip Bloom's, and did not like the color at all--especially skin tone (sound familiar). 

My point is that your Sony color profiles intrigue me, because Sony has so many bells and whistles---if the color were tolerable I would consider reinvesting in some of their mirrorless cams. But the price of Sony lenses gives me pause. Also, I feel by Sony like Michael Corleone felt about the Mafia:  "Just when I get myself free they drag me back in again." Also, I'm VERY HAPPY with Canon image and color.

I only regret I spent so many years tearing my hair out trying to fix Sony color. The skin tone color is FUBB! 

Anyway, I'd be happy to test the profiles----I've loaded in your C-Log to my 1DX ii, and plan to put some videos I shot with EOSHD C-Log up on Vimeo pretty soon. (As Morpheus says, "Time is always against us.") Anyway, I've never loaded in anything into the X70--and I'm not sure it's possible. Do you think it can be done?

36 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

Davey - no it is not just about SLOG, it is also a REC 709 fix for colour straight out of the camera. Much more Canon like and it solves lots of other stuff as well like the blue highlights freaking out, clipping and the horrible yellow cast to night shots.

Examples coming soon... difference is big!!

Excellent, cheers. 

I gotta say, Andrew, this color profile finally makes Sony a viable option for someone like me, who hates fighting the camera's color with every new file. Does this mean you'll be revising your position of Canon 1D X Mark II over Sony A7S II for your work?

10 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

Fucking YouTube.

Reuploading AGAIN!!

Still mute from 9:41 (tested both on a PC and smartphone - and by playing the video file locally with VLC after using a YouTube downloader - to make sure that I didn't have an old version of the video in the browser cache, or that it was some browser issue).

20 minutes ago, cantsin said:

Still mute from 9:41 (tested both on a PC and smartphone - and by playing the video file locally with VLC after using a YouTube downloader - to make sure that I didn't have an old version of the video in the browser cache, or that it was some browser issue).

Because that's still the same video... dúh. :grin:

-- unrelated sidenote, why splitting the same discussion up in mutliple threads? Why not keep the comments going over in:

Just now, cantsin said:

No, Andrew wrote that he reuploaded.

Where did he say it was succesfully uploaded again? ;)

To my knowledge, you can't change-out a video on YouTube like you might on Vimeo (didn't even know that was a thing, until Ed started doing it).