Shooting with the Fuji X-T2 in Italy - Samsung NX1 and Sony A6300 beater?

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
17 hours ago, tugela said:

The NX1 general ergonomics is an ideal size IMO. A lot of the mirrorless cameras are too small, while most of the DSLRs (excluding the pure consumer versions) are too big. Just like Goldilocks and the three bears, there is a size that is just right.

Imao a lot about the NX1 was done good, now I am not quite a big fan of the on/off button and the 16-50mm F2-2.85 is a bit meh in how you zoom in and out and focus by electric wiring. 

But really you have to nitpick on the NX1 and of course the infamous in-camera noise reduction in video kicking into high gears at 2000 ISO. 
NX1 in-camera colours are unparalleled, handles nicely and shoots nice pictures and videos with epic colours.

It will be interesting to see what Panasonic did to the GH5 internally and to see the new Sony line, hopefully Sony learned A LOT about their past humongous mistakes like shitty menus and horrid ergonomics they still have not figured out their A line are HUGE cameras too.

1 hour ago, jonpais said:

I'm pretty sure it's a 1.17 crop, not 1.7x...

There you go, but either way, it's smaller than apsc.

1 hour ago, Liam said:

1.17x crop of an already 1.5x sensor. Or whatever the numbers are. It's smaller than apsc

Exactly, and how much difference in FOV is it than apsc?

7 hours ago, BookMark said:

very nice video. partly why i love coming onto this site. 

i keep telling myself to hold off until XT2 drops below 1k, but these videos make me want to jump in right now! lol.

one thing did caught my attention tho. Andrew posted this in the Canon thread but i haven't see any mention of it in the main XT2 article:

The waxy skin tones Andrew is talking about is likely because he's been using -2 highlights/shadows. I know that is the result I've been getting with those settings

• Administrators
1 hour ago, gingercat said:

Nice camera but the grade in this piece is a bit unsubtle in MYHO. 

Can you take a picture of your screen?

I am convinced people have their saturation crazy high or something.

1 hour ago, Inazuma said:

The waxy skin tones Andrew is talking about is likely because he's been using -2 highlights/shadows. I know that is the result I've been getting with those settings

Nope it is same on default levels.

I find the X-Pro 2 and X-T2 absolutely great for places, things and buildings.

It is just the people part this is the problem and I never remember having the same skintone issues with the older Fujis.

I did a professional photoshoot with the X Pro 2 and the JPEGs were not great for skin.

I should have mentioned it in the review but this was about video not JPEGs.

Also I forgot to mention something else... the way you enter video mode is fiddly. You have to slide a lever through 5 positions and it is really tricky to turn, impossible in fact with one hand because it is far away on the left-top side.

I still maintain though that this is going to be the best APS-C 4K mirrorless camera for most people.

The skintones are probably fixable in the grade.

I haven't tried because I switched to the 1D C for the photo shoot with the X Pro 2 rather than having to spend hours in post fixing the raw files.

3 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

I think if it were wide gamut and colour management they'd see less saturation not more.

Maybe it is just taste. Bad taste. Liking stuff to look flat and grey. Who knows. That is in fashion at the moment after all.

If you view a sRGB gamut image on an 100% AbobeRGB gamut display without colour management, the saturation will be higher than expected.

If you view an AbobeRGB image on a 100% sRGB gamut display without colour management, the saturation will be lower than expected.

• Administrators

OK just tried it and yes you're correct. Mainly seems to boost the reds if I switch to AdobeRGB on the display with the wrong colour management in Mac OS.

So perhaps if videos come out too saturated and with too much contrast, this could be a place for people to start checking.

Venice looked nice. Curious what lens is producing all that chromatic aberration though.. it was pretty horrendous in a lot of those shots. Like if I was trying to teach someone what chromatic aberrations look like, I'd probably just have them watch the first minute of your video.

like damn if that's not pretty distracting 

Screen Shot 2016-11-19 at 10.25.52 PM.png

1 hour ago, Nathanael McKinley Myton said:

Venice looked nice. Curious what lens is producing all that chromatic aberration though.. it was pretty horrendous in a lot of those shots. Like if I was trying to teach someone what chromatic aberrations look like, I'd probably just have them watch the first minute of your video.

like damn if that's not pretty distracting 

Maybe you should read the article. "For the video above I used the Canon 50mm F1.2L"