mini iscorama 1060 MC ?

keessie65

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
14 hours ago, tweak said:

Wants help, tells people to "STFU" when given realistic advice... I think anamorphic is going mainstream. 

If you re-read the thread, "STFU" was in response to being called "a dick" and "a scumbag." All the profanity and namecalling here is coming from your thin-skinned pal, Bio - who got hot under the collar when he was caught in a simple contradiction. First saying:

"The lens the OP is talking about is not worth over £1K & only a fool would buy one for that price"

"So, yes you can find them for £500"

Then when asked to back that up:

"Yep, but that's because there aren't many x1.5 anamorphics, if any (especially single focus) for your price of £500." 

Not particularly helpful in my estimation, and yes I'll call him out as I please.

I'm not the ebay seller, although I have started corresponding with him about some machine work on the lens if I do decide to purchase it. Very nice chap to deal with - and yes he's following this thread.

8 hours ago, Bioskop.Inc said:

Don't feel anything about you or what you've said.

You're a sad little person, who probably needs to go back to his Doctor & get get some stronger medication.

Oh dear, still upset I see. A thin skin is a terrible quality in a man. Women in particular find it quite unattractive - but then again showing them the lens collection in your mum's basement probably hasn't been winning you points in that department either..

From what I can read you partly instigated it. You're both as silly as each other. Move on.

His advice that the lens is not worth that much is 100% sound advice, as it's not worth that. Does it mean that we can find them easily for under that price? Probably not, but that's also not what he said.
There aren't many 1.5x anamorphics, not just for that price, but in general. Does that make them better than other anamorphics? No. Does that mean you should pay silly inflated prices for them? Let your intelligence and wallet be the judge.

Tweak, all fair points - and yes, moving on.

One last thing for those still interested in the topic at hand (the 1060's available for purchase on ebay from Germany):

I can confirm that the seller will chop off the protruding back if requested, with threads of your choice added. This will help vignetting issues and leave the the rear element in close proximity to the taking lens. He's replied to every question with lengthy detailed messages, a very helpful guy.

1 hour ago, racer5 said:

Tweak, all fair points - and yes, moving on.

One last thing for those still interested in the topic at hand (the 1060's available for purchase on ebay from Germany):

I can confirm that the seller will chop off the protruding back if requested, with threads of your choice added. This will help vignetting issues and leave the the rear element in close proximity to the taking lens. He's replied to every question with lengthy detailed messages, a very helpful guy.

LMAO!

Been trolling this guy for kicks - complete noob.

BEWARE OF SELLERS JACKING UP PRICES ON EBAY!

Also, beware of posters who just like to insult/belittle people on forums - they've always got something to hide!

Anyone who has seen me post for the last few years knows that I speak my mind & also give good advice.

If you're going to spend £1K, or there abouts, on an anamorphic then this is the one you should buy (it also comes as the 8/19/1.5x) - hands down one of the best anamorphics out there! This one is very nicely priced & focuses closer than the 8/19/1.5x.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rare-Bolex-Anamorphic-16-32-1-5x-for-M39-Leica-Mount-w-H16-RX-Ring-4089-1210-/222334873744?hash=item33c430f090:g:RqgAAOSwHsRYDiiO

Just in case anyone still has any questions (or doubts my experience with this lens), here's the Widescreen 2000 in test mode. It's a run'n'gun situation at a concert, which is a good test for any lens & how it will work under extreme/fast working conditions. You'll notice the picture can look soft & that's down to the fact that if you're not @ 5M on the taking lens, then it will not produce it's optimum sharpness. You can, of course, get a false/fake sharpness by stopping down the taking lens, but it'll never be a true depiction of it's sharpness.

Focus range, when you have a +0.25 diopter on the front (good luck finding one, especially a cheap one - but it is the best strength for this anamorphic for focusing through), will only really be between 4-6M (the reading on the taking lens, not the true focal range) - so too narrow to rack effectively (there is a rack in the footage below, but kinda hard to spot because it doesn't perform well in this department). Again if you stop down then you can get a false longer focus range (infinity if you want to fool yourself), but then the deep depth of field can make it difficult to tell what is exactly in focus.

Only the second time I used this Anamorphic in a paid situation & I have never used it again as a focus through. However, stick to the 5M optimum distance, then add various diopters to reduce this focal length, in order to get closer focus and/or change lenses & this is when this lens is at its best. As a focus through, there are better ones out there, but they are all x1.3. So £1k? No way!

bioskop is one of the most helpful and friendly posters on this site.

full of good solid information.

if this german seller is so good and friendly and the price  for this fixed focus masterpiece worth it why does mr racer not simply buy the lot?

instead of promotional activities via linkage

i have some of these mr racer it is worth 600 -700 tops you can have mine for 800 since you like a bargain

but i suppose if you purchased mine you would then have 4 to sell from germany.

they are nice yes sir  and good  not reaally rare rare i had 4 once upon a time

mr bioskop is correct in these pricing matters and regardings here

hare here

No promotional activities here, sir. I'm not the seller and Obama was not born in Kenya. No need for conspiracy theories. I've corresponded with the seller and found him helpful. Bio called me names I called him some back. Like the OP I'm considering purchasing this lens - that's all.

The Iscos in question are modified and claim to have better close-focus abilities than a stock 2000 and the 1.33x options out there, this is what attracted me to the listing. The Bolex looks nice but I'm not interested in solutions with fiddly alignment.

sir you are wrong in  many things and certainly in these regardings

i assure you barry was born in kenya his first job was in a cia front company.

i woked for many years at the bbc and have seen much proofs.

his family where mi5 tavistock trained his mother ann later worked for the cia under Richard M. Helm then later VADM Rufus Lackland Taylor, USN.

drone killer prez barry soetoro, wife was not a transgender as it is still a man just like the tennis playing venus williams brothers.

as you are a man of tastes and optical refinements you canna getta betta than a moller 1.5

it  really is the bong daddy o

yes it is bent glass but in a goodly  way

On 06/12/2016 at 8:11 PM, tony wilson said:

sir you are wrong in  many things and certainly in these regardings

i assure you barry was born in kenya his first job was in a cia front company.

i woked for many years at the bbc and have seen much proofs.

his family where mi5 tavistock trained his mother ann later worked for the cia under Richard M. Helm then later VADM Rufus Lackland Taylor, USN.

drone killer prez barry soetoro, wife was not a transgender as it is still a man just like the tennis playing venus williams brothers.

as you are a man of tastes and optical refinements you canna getta betta than a moller 1.5

it  really is the bong daddy o

yes it is bent glass but in a goodly  way

God we've missed you.

On 12/6/2016 at 4:11 PM, Bioskop.Inc said:

Just in case anyone still has any questions (or doubts my experience with this lens), here's the Widescreen 2000 in test mode. It's a run'n'gun situation at a concert, which is a good test for any lens & how it will work under extreme/fast working conditions. You'll notice the picture can look soft & that's down to the fact that if you're not @ 5M on the taking lens, then it will not produce it's optimum sharpness. You can, of course, get a false/fake sharpness by stopping down the taking lens, but it'll never be a true depiction of it's sharpness.

Focus range, when you have a +0.25 diopter on the front (good luck finding one, especially a cheap one - but it is the best strength for this anamorphic for focusing through), will only really be between 4-6M (the reading on the taking lens, not the true focal range) - so too narrow to rack effectively (there is a rack in the footage below, but kinda hard to spot because it doesn't perform well in this department). Again if you stop down then you can get a false longer focus range (infinity if you want to fool yourself), but then the deep depth of field can make it difficult to tell what is exactly in focus.

Only the second time I used this Anamorphic in a paid situation & I have never used it again as a focus through. However, stick to the 5M optimum distance, then add various diopters to reduce this focal length, in order to get closer focus and/or change lenses & this is when this lens is at its best. As a focus through, there are better ones out there, but they are all x1.3. So £1k? No way!

Hello, Bioskop or Tony (or anyone else with experience along these lines), I've been looking up what's available online regarding the differences between the some of the later Iscoramas, particularly the 2000 series, and from the two 1100 MC's currently for sale ($1,129-1,236) on ebay, it looks like there's a way to physically shorten the focal length on the lens, i.e. that protruding rear barrel, as opposed to the much more compact 1060 MC. I'd like to assume this mod is not only feasible, but almost a no-brainer to turn it into a practical filmmaking tool. Here's the product quote (for the better one):

"Small, light, super sharp, no dual focusing!!

- this is an x1,5 focusthrough anamorphic lens, light and extremely sharp, focusthrough means only the taking lens must be focused, no dual focusing here anymore! The Iscorama 1100 MC x1.5 delivers an above average sharp anamorphic image, ideal for run & gun and super easy to use, thanks to focussability! Smaller, lighter, sharper and easier to use ..... there is no alternative! This anamorphic is screwed directly onto a lens, anamorphic lens can be adapted to after purchase to any thread diameter the seller want -

- he Iscorama 1100 MC is originally a fixed unit together with a fixed 100mm focal length and the focus is fixed to 5m. The unit was dissected, the anamorphic separated and the fixed 5m focus modified. "True" focusthrough of approximately 2m - infinity already from F2, from F2.8-4 approx 1.2m - infinity (depending on lens and focal length, tested with Canon nFD 28mm F2 and Canon nFD 35mm F2) The focussing works thanks to modification very well and much more accurate than with other x1.33 Ffcusthrough anamorphics -"

Okay, so I guess my main questions are, does this sound too good to be true, particularly the focus through at 2m? Is it really just a matter of rear element placement, or am I grossly simplifying the engineering involved? What I've read so far was that the only difference between the 1100 and the 1060 was the focal length, which I took as ultimately translating into the field of vision and/or minimum focal distance, but from the ads, it sounds like they have full Iscorama functionality (lens diameter shortcomings aside) at 1/3 the price. Any thoughts would be welcome, because I'm feeling downright reckless this holiday season and wouldn't want to go down that road if it's a nasty one. Thanks in advance!

1100 wb.jpg

1100wob.jpg

15 hours ago, Hans Punk said:

God we've missed you.

Here Here! Goes without saying...

9 hours ago, PepperJay said:

Okay, so I guess my main questions are, does this sound too good to be true, particularly the focus through at 2m? Is it really just a matter of rear element placement, or am I grossly simplifying the engineering involved? What I've read so far was that the only difference between the 1100 and the 1060 was the focal length, which I took as ultimately translating into the field of vision and/or minimum focal distance, but from the ads, it sounds like they have full Iscorama functionality (lens diameter shortcomings aside) at 1/3 the price. Any thoughts would be welcome, because I'm feeling downright reckless this holiday season and wouldn't want to go down that road if it's a nasty one. Thanks in advance!

Think I've said it all in my previous posts, but lets be clear about this once & for all - this is NOT an Iscorama, not by a long shot! It's a focus through & NOT a single focus anamorphic attachment like a true Iscorama, which will focus from 2m to Infinity.

If it works like the Isco Widescreen 2000, then it does produce really nice images but it's a PITA to use.

I came on this thread initially to warn people about this lens - there's a lot of bad info about these sorts of lenses. So, lets be clear about it - the 2000 will not focus to infinity, not now, not ever. It's blurred & not in focus. The 2000 is fixed at 5m & it's focus through range is from 4m-6m, at best. When you're filming with it things will kinda look in focus, but if you zoom in it's soft/blurry. Project your footage on a big screen & you'll have a fit/curse the day you ever believed this was a good purchase.

However, if you get some diopters & stick to the 5m mark on your taking lens, then you can change it's focus range - you can also use different lens for close-ups & wides etc... At 5m it's stunning, everything else is meeeeeeh!

4 hours ago, Bioskop.Inc said:

Here Here! Goes without saying...

Think I've said it all in my previous posts, but lets be clear about this once & for all - this is NOT an Iscorama, not by a long shot! It's a focus through & NOT a single focus anamorphic attachment like a true Iscorama, which will focus from 2m to Infinity.

If it works like the Isco Widescreen 2000, then it does produce really nice images but it's a PITA to use.

I came on this thread initially to warn people about this lens - there's a lot of bad info about these sorts of lenses. So, lets be clear about it - the 2000 will not focus to infinity, not now, not ever. It's blurred & not in focus. The 2000 is fixed at 5m & it's focus through range is from 4m-6m, at best. When you're filming with it things will kinda look in focus, but if you zoom in it's soft/blurry. Project your footage on a big screen & you'll have a fit/curse the day you ever believed this was a good purchase.

However, if you get some diopters & stick to the 5m mark on your taking lens, then you can change it's focus range - you can also use different lens for close-ups & wides etc... At 5m it's stunning, everything else is meeeeeeh!

Ha, thanks, Bioskop.Inc, I'll take that as fair warning. I actually interested in converting the 1100 down to 1060, but I didn't understand where the focus through range suddenly went from the fixed 5m to 2m-Infinity. Like, wow, that's a hell of a mod! Granted, it's very possible that it could perform as claimed, (after all, the dealer and their stock seems reputable enough), but unless someone else chimes in with first-hand experience with the glass in question, I'll consider it a long-term research project and just sit by the river. Much appreciated, as always.

2 hours ago, PepperJay said:

I didn't understand where the focus through range suddenly went from the fixed 5m to 2m-Infinity. Like, wow, that's a hell of a mod!

Pepper, below is part of a thread I had with Mario in Germany about his mod. In short: the mod favors close focus at the expense of infinity. A good tradeoff I'd say (I'll gladly crop spherical for infinity shots). Hope it helps answer your questions:

you have to know that ALL focusthrough lenses are limited, some more than others. This Mini Isco's are the best focusthrough so far but they are also limited. The alignment is perfect and easy, the sharpness in ideal areas is very high, like Isco 2000 and Iscomorphot 8/x2 but much better usable "before and behind" this ideal area. But, infinity sharpness isnt as sharp as other lenses, you have to stop down for better infinity sharpness with longer focallegth. I had to make some decisions before modification, how these Iscos should work. More sharpness fron minimum to approx 10-15m or more sharpness from approx 6-8m to inifinity. Also i had to choose the ideal focallength (original it was desgined for 100mm F2.8 and 5m fixed focus). I chosen the first option, more sharpness from minimum to near infinity, cause this would cover the most shooting/studio situations, for better infinity sharpness you have to stop down to F4-5.6, real inifinity you need outdoors, so F5.6 shouldnt the problem i thought, for night shots you have to choose a shorter focallentgh like 35mm to shoot with bigger apertures sharp infinity. I also choose 35mm as the new ideal focallength, because ths means that the focalareas around 35mm will be also fine, this means 28mm for M4/3, 35mm S35 and 50mm ff. With the ideal focallength you have a sharp close focus from approx 1.5-2m @F2.8-4m, some good glasses also F2 under 2m, approx 2,5-3,5m @F1.4-2. With longer focals more, 85mm approx 2,5m, 135mm approx 3-3.5m.

With shorter focallengths you have really good inifinty results but 85mm is a bit too long. The power of the positive and negative values of the optics are very powerfull, so these Isco lenses are also very sharp with longer telelenses (because it were originally designed for 100mm), whats impossible with other focusthrough lenses (Optex x1.33 for example is bad from 85mm and totally blurred from 100mm) BUT the inifnity sharpness from 85mm isnt the best under F5.6.

Thanks for passing that valuable info along, racer5! My initial impression is that he's made the best trade-off, as I'd find more run & gun subjects within the 15m range, and wouldn't find it a problem stopping down for infinity shots at wider focal lengths anyway. In terms of my own conversion plans, I guess I'll simply have to test the limitations of what I have without screwing with the optics (aside from removing the 1" rear barrel housing the two rear elements--see above grab if interested) and see what it yields. Given what's currently online to reference, the only "mod" I can fathom done to the one for sale is altering the rear element position (within main lens body), which I'm not presently set up to replicate. In any event, much gratitude again for the post--a very informative starting point for understanding the potential of this little gem.

* 1060 pic grabbed from Kostas' old sale--retro thanks.

Screen Shot 2016-12-10 at 6.30.13 PM.png

s-l1600mod5 copy.jpg