mini iscorama 1060 MC ?

keessie65

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
14 hours ago, keessie65 said:

Does anyone has experience with the mini iscorama 1060?

No but looks exactly like a Widescreen 2000, with the option to align the lens. However, might be a bitch to mount with that long protruding back - possible though & not really a problem.

If it is like the Widescreen 2000, then it is a great piece of glass - excellent even. It'll have a minimum focus distance of about 4/5m & is kind of a focus through - but it isn't that easy to use & will take some practice to get your focusing technique down. The only tips I can give you, having used the Widescreen 2000 extensively, are as follows:

- You'll need a low power diopter, which is x0.5 or there abouts, a little under is best (this is essential, as it'll help with focusing). The glass is so good that you don't need to buy really expensive diopters (a +1 & +2 will come in handy too).

- Use a taking lens that has a long focus throw, as it'll make it easier to focus with. If not your focus adjustments will have to be so small, you'll end up missing focus more often than not. 

- Practice, practice, practice & that means you'll have to spend some time getting used to how it works/how to get the best out of it.

Finally, don't pay anymore than £500 for one - there are some floating around that are way too expensive! If you're spending £1K or over for it, you may as well wait for an Iscorama 54 to turn up - they normally go for about £1.5K ATM. Or simply buy a "Kowa for Bell & Howell" and then get a Rectilux Core DNA (or the like) to stick on the end - a good idea to get one of these if you get it for £500.

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, bzpop said:

yeah, but they don't go for that price anymore:))

guy has a bunch of them on ebay

This guy charges stupid money for things that you can find cheaper.

So, yes you can find them for £500, but certainly not from this guy.

Just because one person charges extortionate prices for things, doesn't mean that that is the price they go for or the price you should pay.

The lens the OP is talking about is not worth over £1K & only a fool would buy one for that price - there are cheaper & better anamorphics out there.

On 11/30/2016 at 7:37 AM, Bioskop.Inc said:

This guy charges stupid money for things that you can find cheaper.

So, yes you can find them for £500, but certainly not from this guy.

Just because one person charges extortionate prices for things, doesn't mean that that is the price they go for or the price you should pay.

The lens the OP is talking about is not worth over £1K & only a fool would buy one for that price - there are cheaper & better anamorphics out there.

What other sharp 1.5x single focus options would you recommend in the ~£500 range? Specifics please.

2 hours ago, racer5 said:

What other sharp 1.5x single focus options would you recommend in the ~£500 range? Specifics please.

To be honest there aren't that many cheap true single focus x1.5 that you'll be able to shoot wide open, or are really sharp - in fact most anamorphics are considered soft by "the sharp lens brigade".

The problem with the OPs lens is that it's a focus through, which you'll need diopters & to stop down to be able to focus with (& then you don't get a great focus range).

You could go for the single focus Iscomorphot x1.5 (the Baby Iscorama), which goes for around £500-700ish - it is dreamy soft wide open & gets nicer if you stop down to f4-5. It's not to everyone's taste though, so look at some videos taken with them.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Zerrobjektiv-Anamorphotobjektiv-ISCOMORPHOT-8-1-5x-ISCO-GOTTINGEN-22mm-Gewinde-/152334393886?hash=item2377d6621e:g:D7wAAOSwHMJYNW22

If not then you could go for a cheaper x2 dual focus & get a Core DNA or the like.

The Elmoscope is nice & has Blue flares:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ELMOSCOPE-Anamorphic-Lens-with-Lens-holder-Appears-to-be-New-/201715189897?hash=item2ef7298889:g:zeMAAOSwB09YJSJp

You can sometimes find cheap Kowa 8z, 16H or for Bell & Howell - all the same lens, just branded differently. Just bide your time for a bargin, because if you rush you're just going to get ripped off.

Worth keeping an eye open for a Bolex Anamorphic (x2 & dual focus), which is one of the nicest lenses out there.

Just noticed this Iscorama54, but it'll go for over £1K & maybe reach £2K as it's a non-mc version:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Isco-Objektiv-Gottingen-Iscorama-Anamorphot-GH-105249-/391633213603?hash=item5b2f2898a3:g:P4MAAOSwcUBYNzg8

Another thing to avoid are those big multi-coloured Isco lenses (blue, red, gold etc..), yes they are sharp, but a PITA to focus with & zero anamorphic qualities & MC'd - you may as well crop than go through the hassle of using one.

On a side note: The seller that bzpop linked has dropped his prices for that lens & I guess that he'll keep on dropping the price.

4 hours ago, Bioskop.Inc said:

To be honest there aren't that many cheap true single focus x1.5 that you'll be able to shoot wide open, or are really sharp - in fact most anamorphics are considered soft by "the sharp lens brigade".

The problem with the OPs lens is that it's a focus through, which you'll need diopters & to stop down to be able to focus with (& then you don't get a great focus range).

You could go for the single focus Iscomorphot x1.5 (the Baby Iscorama), which goes for around £500-700ish - it is dreamy soft wide open & gets nicer if you stop down to f4-5. It's not to everyone's taste though, so look at some videos taken with them.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Zerrobjektiv-Anamorphotobjektiv-ISCOMORPHOT-8-1-5x-ISCO-GOTTINGEN-22mm-Gewinde-/152334393886?hash=item2377d6621e:g:D7wAAOSwHMJYNW22

If not then you could go for a cheaper x2 dual focus & get a Core DNA or the like.

The Elmoscope is nice & has Blue flares:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ELMOSCOPE-Anamorphic-Lens-with-Lens-holder-Appears-to-be-New-/201715189897?hash=item2ef7298889:g:zeMAAOSwB09YJSJp

You can sometimes find cheap Kowa 8z, 16H or for Bell & Howell - all the same lens, just branded differently. Just bide your time for a bargin, because if you rush you're just going to get ripped off.

Worth keeping an eye open for a Bolex Anamorphic (x2 & dual focus), which is one of the nicest lenses out there.

Just noticed this Iscorama54, but it'll go for over £1K & maybe reach £2K as it's a non-mc version:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Isco-Objektiv-Gottingen-Iscorama-Anamorphot-GH-105249-/391633213603?hash=item5b2f2898a3:g:P4MAAOSwcUBYNzg8

Another thing to avoid are those big multi-coloured Isco lenses (blue, red, gold etc..), yes they are sharp, but a PITA to focus with & zero anamorphic qualities & MC'd - you may as well crop than go through the hassle of using one.

On a side note: The seller that bzpop linked has dropped his prices for that lens & I guess that he'll keep on dropping the price.

Thanks for the reply, Bio. I have to say though that what you've suggested is 2x solutions, or the Baby which is for small sensors. The 54 will probably sell for 3k once the auction ends.

9 hours ago, racer5 said:

Thanks for the reply, Bio. I have to say though that what you've suggested is 2x solutions, or the Baby which is for small sensors. The 54 will probably sell for 3k once the auction ends.

Yep, but that's because there aren't many x1.5 anamorphics, if any (especially single focus) for your price of £500.

Also, you'll have to take into account what type of sensor you're using, since this will restrict what taking lenses you can use - e.g. the bigger the sensor (Full Frame) the longer the taking lens has to be.

Here take a look at this Wiki page, as it lists pretty much everything that's out there:

http://super8wiki.com/index.php/Anamorphic_Lenses

6 hours ago, Bioskop.Inc said:

Yep, but that's because there aren't many x1.5 anamorphics, if any (especially single focus) for your price of £500.

Uff, this is the point I'm getting at. £500 was the number you threw out there, saying "only a fool would buy one" for more. :facepalm:

1 hour ago, racer5 said:

Uff, this is the point I'm getting at. £500 was the number you threw out there, saying "only a fool would buy one" for more. :facepalm:

1) The last ebay auction for a Iscorama 1060 went for about £300 or just under.

2) It's not a single focus anamorphic.

3) Loads of great & better options out there for x2 anamorphics, which are below £500.

4) You're being a dick!

5) Go & get ripped off by that guy, he's waiting for an idiot like you - so i'm sure you'll both get along just fine.

People come here for help, so if you can save someone the time & hassle of buying an over priced anamorphic, that is difficult to use, then that's a good thing.

Are you that seller that's ripping people off? Bet you are you scumbag....!

56 minutes ago, Bioskop.Inc said:

1) The last ebay auction for a Iscorama 1060 went for about £300 or just under.

2) It's not a single focus anamorphic.

3) Loads of great & better options out there for x2 anamorphics, which are below £500.

4) You're being a dick!

5) Go & get ripped off by that guy, he's waiting for an idiot like you - so i'm sure you'll both get along just fine.

People come here for help, so if you can save someone the time & hassle of buying an over priced anamorphic, that is difficult to use, then that's a good thing.

Are you that seller that's ripping people off? Bet you are you scumbag....!

Yeah whatever. Show me a 1060 somewhere for under £500 or STFU.

1 hour ago, Liszon said:

There were a pair of them on ebay a month ago, around £400-500. I have a feeling those "Mini Iscoramas" are the exact same ones actually, slightly modified by the new seller.

I've been looking for a 1.5x solution for some months and haven't personally seen anything other than Baby's show up for that price. If you saw them, great. Someone got a deal. Bio's claim was that anyone paying more than £500 is a fool, but was unable to back that up with anything more than links to 2x solutions. As of TODAY, this minute, if I need a 1.5x solution for a project - I'm not aware of anything less expensive online than the OP's listing (and no I'm not the seller, just someone looking for the same thing as OP). I'd love to be proven wrong with a link to something I can buy that costs less, but I don't think it exists at the moment.

Don't worry racer I am not looking for an argument here :)

You know it is a waiting game, most of the cases you can get anything straight away for a premium price but if you manage to sit tight for a few months you will actually find a much better deal.

Just like those Iscoramas floating on Ebay for months with a crazy price tag, if you are in a desperate need to shoot anamorphic then surely go ahead, but wait another month and there will be an offer for at least a grand cheaper.

Ebay keeps giving me the "Sorry, we couldn't complete your request" error every time I want to open my watch history so I can't show you those two auctions but believe me, they were under £500, and the seller kept relisting them. One week they disappeared and soon two strangely identical lenses showed up in that German seller's portfolio for twice as much.

22 hours ago, racer5 said:

Yeah whatever. Show me a 1060 somewhere for under £500 or STFU.

Not going anywhere dickhead....

20 hours ago, Liszon said:

There were a pair of them on ebay a month ago, around £400-500. I have a feeling those "Mini Iscoramas" are the exact same ones actually, slightly modified by the new seller.

There you go you baby boy, someone else saw them & yes, I'm with Liszon - the OPs seller bought them & jacked the price up to stupid levels.

So, as stated, you'd be a fool to over pay for them - it was a warning to perspective buyers.

Anamorphics on ebay is a waiting game & if you missed things than that's just tough!

If you're so desperate, why not rent? If you're willing to pay £1K for a focus through lens, which you'll hate cause it is a PITA to use, then renting would be a good option.

Your attitude really stinks, like an immature kid - if you'd actually come to the table & said that you were really desperate to find a x1.5 Anamorphic, then I'd have probably sold you my Widescreen 2000 for a resonable price. But you didn't, did you? You insulted me & acted like a little spoilt cocky child who wants everything now!

Go on buy that lens for a grand & fuck off while you're doing it......

6 hours ago, Liszon said:

Don't worry racer I am not looking for an argument here :)

You know it is a waiting game, most of the cases you can get anything straight away for a premium price but if you manage to sit tight for a few months you will actually find a much better deal.

Just like those Iscoramas floating on Ebay for months with a crazy price tag, if you are in a desperate need to shoot anamorphic then surely go ahead, but wait another month and there will be an offer for at least a grand cheaper.

Ebay keeps giving me the "Sorry, we couldn't complete your request" error every time I want to open my watch history so I can't show you those two auctions but believe me, they were under £500, and the seller kept relisting them. One week they disappeared and soon two strangely identical lenses showed up in that German seller's portfolio for twice as much.

The "waiting game" point is a solid one Liszon. There are certainly magical deals one can come across in any after-market category if they have the luxury of hunkering down and playing the auction game for long periods of time. If I need a solution "today" though, market prices are not as generous as that. Good points in general though.

1 hour ago, Bioskop.Inc said:

Not going anywhere dickhead....

There you go you baby boy, someone else saw them & yes, I'm with Liszon - the OPs seller bought them & jacked the price up to stupid levels.

So, as stated, you'd be a fool to over pay for them - it was a warning to perspective buyers.

Anamorphics on ebay is a waiting game & if you missed things than that's just tough!

If you're so desperate, why not rent? If you're willing to pay £1K for a focus through lens, which you'll hate cause it is a PITA to use, then renting would be a good option.

Your attitude really stinks, like an immature kid - if you'd actually come to the table & said that you were really desperate to find a x1.5 Anamorphic, then I'd have probably sold you my Widescreen 2000 for a resonable price. But you didn't, did you? You insulted me & acted like a little spoilt cocky child who wants everything now!

Go on buy that lens for a grand & fuck off while you're doing it......

Haha, you've must have been coddled growing up, sensitive boy. Here you are getting all hot and bothered, using big bad words on a....CAMERA LENS HOBBY FORUM. You should really explore why you feel offended and affronted so easily. Deep breaths Bio, it's going to be ok...

15 hours ago, racer5 said:

The "waiting game" point is a solid one Liszon. There are certainly magical deals one can come across in any after-market category if they have the luxury of hunkering down and playing the auction game for long periods of time. If I need a solution "today" though, market prices are not as generous as that. Good points in general though.

Haha, you've must have been coddled growing up, sensitive boy. Here you are getting all hot and bothered, using big bad words on a....CAMERA LENS HOBBY FORUM. You should really explore why you feel offended and affronted so easily. Deep breaths Bio, it's going to be ok...

Don't feel anything about you or what you've said.

You're a sad little person, who probably needs to go back to his Doctor & get get some stronger medication.

6 hours ago, tweak said:

Wants help, tells people to "STFU" when given realistic advice... I think anamorphic is going mainstream. 

Still think this is the seller of the overpriced lenses - why else would he get offended by my earlier comments?

No reason at all, unless he was jacking up the prices & has been called out....Kids!