"Due to the Metabones not fitting on to the G80"

ikola

Hello guys, i just found that interesting articles : http://www.camerajabber.com/panasonic-pro-users-thoughts-lumix-g80/

with those two quotes here : "Also due to the camera shape, my Metabones adapter did not fit on the Panasonic G80." and "Due to the Metabones not fitting on to the Panasonic G80" from Luke Massey a wildlife photographer/videographer. (will send him a message too).

What do you guys know about this, is it true? It's weird nobody's talked about it yet, i know there's different kind of metabones but i thought all would physically fit in maybe even the bmpcc one knowing you will disable the mechanical shutter because the rear end will push a little on the mechanical sutter slider/rail thing (it works on GH4 so..).

I am about to bought a G80 during the black friday + a firmware update will soon fix the IBIS malfunction. But if our metabones won't fit, aïe aïe aïe ://

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I think he's talking about the exterior of the adapter hitting the exterior (evf housing) of the G80. Or maybe not, really i don't know, maybe he has a no name bigger adapter that he names "speedbooster", maybe he has a bmpcc one and he don't want to force it in a little bit. Still looking for details.

If maybe an EOSHD reader with G80 + speedbooster can share their experiences.

The GH4 mount is protruding a little bit more on the picture you post, the G80 mount is more flat and the evf housing seems lower, argh :/ No reply is possible (problem) on the comment section under the article. I will try to mail Luke Massey, or maybe via his youtube channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_2mvU6hq3J1bW4qEIas-Jw/videos his videos with the G80 are cool, too bad if even Metabones site says it will not fit, maybe it's too soon, idk.

How is the G7/GX85 camera structure comparing with the G80?

Edit : G7 vs G80

Panasonic-Lumix-DMC-G85-vs-Panasonic-Lumix-DMC-G7-size-comparison.jpg

For what it's worth, I mounted a Metabones EF to MFT XL onto a G80 in a shop a few weeks ago. Worked fine. Autofocus worked fine too. I used the Canon 50mm f1.8 STM, so quite a small and light lens, though that won't affect whether or not the adapter will fit. Can't speak for every metabones adapter they produce, and I only used it for 5 minutes, but couldn't tell any difference in functionality between usage on my GH4 / G7.

6 minutes ago, ThomHaig said:

For what it's worth, I mounted a Metabones EF to MFT XL onto a G80 in a shop a few weeks ago. Worked fine. Autofocus worked fine too. I used the Canon 50mm f1.8 STM, so quite a small and light lens, though that won't affect whether or not the adapter will fit. Can't speak for every metabones adapter they produce, and I only used it for 5 minutes, but couldn't tell any difference in functionality between usage on my GH4 / G7.

That is awesome news! 

48 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

Metabones EF XL working fine on my Panasonic G80.

Here we go! Thanks Andrew for your confirmation! Maybe Luke has something like the popular Mitakon Lens Turbo II, wait and see. How do you feel about this G7+GX80 mash-up? Did you get the grip too? The handling looks great with it!