Inspire 2 / 5.2K raw / 4K60FPS

wolf33d

On 19/11/2016 at 1:39 AM, thefactory said:

I have a feeling that the next osmo is going to be insane. Rumours are that it could be released mid next month. Since the drone is doing some of the image processing and not the camera I think there will be a new handle.  And as stated above it's a different mount. 

'I really enjoy the x3 osmo but it's image it's not great. Between DJI and Sony camera tech is really being pushed at a rapid rate. Although this hurts my wallet I'm very excited and have started building a war chest just in case. 

I hope so. 

I've got the Osmo RAW and the whole concept has the potential to be absolutely liberating. No fiddling about, mega portable, just shoot. 

The curent sono RAW isn't quite there yet - I think there's a lot of room for improvement. 

As it's such a valuable tool, I'm not in a rush to sell it. I want to see what DJI do with the X5S first. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 18/11/2016 at 10:39 AM, anchoricex said:

dude that inspire 2... the operators are using it as a gimbal, a drone, and the main cameras. I'm assuming you can't, but will the camera be able to be used on it's own rigging solution or are you forced to carry the whole quadcopter around? That was slightly funny, I saw they had a monitor mounted on it. 

$6k for the interchangeable lens camera, copter, and cinemadng/pro res license. Will need an extra couple grand for storage and other accesories... so like... $8k for a raw camera / gimbal / drone setup. 

Someone talk me out of this? Am I the only one considering this?

its slightly bonkers that a drone manufacturer is pushing the camera tech envelope more than the camera manufacturers.  You need certification to fly the inspire in australia, so it's off my radar for now, but if I had it it would be a no-brainer.  Next phantom could well have raw vid.  Helloooo... Nikon.... wakey wakey.....

9 hours ago, gethin said:

its slightly bonkers that a drone manufacturer is pushing the camera tech envelope more than the camera manufacturers.  You need certification to fly the inspire in australia, so it's off my radar for now, but if I had it it would be a no-brainer.  Next phantom could well have raw vid.  Helloooo... Nikon.... wakey wakey.....

Actually, we have established why DJI can do 4K60p - by using fans and having a lot more space to work with in regards to heat dissipation. Smaller mirrorless bodies simply cannot process that much data and not overheat fast. Much the same as smartphone sensors being able to capture 4K60p for some time now, but it would fucking fry the phone with the current processing power.

19 hours ago, JurijTurnsek said:

Actually, we have established why DJI can do 4K60p - by using fans and having a lot more space to work with in regards to heat dissipation. Smaller mirrorless bodies simply cannot process that much data and not overheat fast. Much the same as smartphone sensors being able to capture 4K60p for some time now, but it would fucking fry the phone with the current processing power.

Well dji have solved the issue by literally thinking outside the box. I wouldn't mind a totally stupid looking camera that could should 4K raw...cool%20camera.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2016 at 5:22 PM, Cary Knoop said:

Are you sure it does 4K60p raw?

Yeah as stated on their spec sheet

C-DNG RAW
5.2K: 5280×2972
23.976/24/25/29.97p, up to 4.2Gbps
4K: 4096×2160, 3840×2160
23.976/24/25/29.97p, up to 2.4Gbps
4K: 4096×2160, 3840×2160
50/59.94p, up to 4.0Gbps