Inspire 2 / 5.2K raw / 4K60FPS

wolf33d

Now we are talking.

inspire 2 announced with 5.2K raw and 4K60fps raw. H265 is here too. And they will have a new kind of Osmo for it. 

In 1" or 4/3 format. You pick.

Isnt it funny that the best specced cameras on the market are released by a drone company without video experience? VS jokers like canon who will release 4K60fps raw and H265 in a camera of the size of a GoPro in maybe ..... we'll never. 

http://www.dji.com/mobile/inspire-2

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Wow... The new Phantom 4 pro is looking very sweet as well! Really makes me wish they'd introduced a regular Mavic though, and then had the Mavic Pro version have all the cool extra features like higher bitrate, variable aperture, mechanical/global shutter thing (amazing!!) and the better flight sensors. Also 4k 60P! This is just making my choice even harder. 

On a side note: Wow I can't even imagine how much DJI execs must have been laughing at poor GoPro's karma launch, even without the recall. DJI is absolutely killing it. 

Exciting times, people! 

ProRes, nice! File management was the main stumbling block on the V1 (raw)... This seems to address that well. 70 MPH too, jesus!!!!

3 hours ago, OliKMIA said:

Meanwhile Canon offers $3.5 camera that only do 4K with 1.7 crop and MJPEG (The P4 does H265 btw). I know, not the same sensor, FF, heat issues, etc. Lot of excuses.

The main excuse is that it is also a professional STILLS camera!!!!

Why does everything have to be so black and white on here. It's not even comparing apples to oranges.

I really would like to buy Phatom 4 Pro (big sensor, high bitrate, H265)... but design seems to be quite "old school" when comparing it to Mavic (at least controller could be in Mavic style). And it is quite expensive too comparing to Mavic. I am wondering when we can expect Phantom 5 with same specs and Mavic's design. 

BTW even these would choose Mavic because of portability. So question is if really better camera of P4 worth for $700 higher price and lesser portability.

13 hours ago, wolf33d said:

Now we are talking.

inspire 2 announced with 5.2K raw and 4K60fps raw. H265 is here too. And they will have a new kind of Osmo for it. 

In 1" or 4/3 format. You pick.

Isnt it funny that the best specced cameras on the market are released by a drone company without video experience? VS jokers like canon who will release 4K60fps raw and H265 in a camera of the size of a GoPro in maybe ..... we'll never. 

http://www.dji.com/mobile/inspire-2

Bloody bugger. 

As an X5R owner, having owned the camera for 3 months and spent handsome amounts of cash - this release is very exciting however you can't help feel gutted that the company have been so quick to bring out another one with all the fixes the X5R should have. (Sony, anyone?).  I'm not sure where the X5R stands in the market after this release. I don't know whether to hold on to it, or to sell it. This really depends if DJI will keep supporting it. 

I only use the X5R on the Osmo, and the experience is quite good. So it's good news to hear they are working on a "professional" version. The currents system isn't quite there yet as the stabilisation is decent, however the flow seems inconsistent as getting some shots to move smoothly while walking/running is a hard task. The value of having the combination as opposed to a regular gimbal is amazing though.

Just got off the line to DJI Support, which is very hard work I must say! Very poor. 

Anyway, they said the X5R will receive a firmware update in December, as well as an overhaul on the Cinelight/workflow issues. Whether that means better software or a much easier way to offload footage - I'm not absolutely sure. 

Overall, this industry is moving fast and the technology is outpacing all of us. The tools are there in the bucketloads now. Content is more important than ever.