"Another" Isco Anamorphot 8mm 1.5x

Aitor Arce

Hello! A few months ago I bought an Isco Anamorphot 8mm 1.5x with a FD Canon 50mm 1.8 for the GH4. From what I have seen and the seller told I have to focus with the taking lens through the Isco and... there is where de nightmare begun. I found no way to focus anything, all images I see in the viewfinder are out of focus, awfully out of focus. Well, the taking lens is ok, it focuses normally when the Isco is not attached. I have a FD Canon 50mm 1.4, I tried with this, but... the same. I tried handheld to change the position of the Isco to those lenses and others, to put it closer, more separate, but I had no a near focused view, even closing the diafragm to 22. The seller did not accept to refund, he only gave me the option of sending the lens back saying he would bring it to service it and send it back to me.  I did not trust him and I kept the lens. With the Isco in my hand I could disassemble it easily because it was a little bit loose, this made me think that it could be serviced and the person who did it didn´t fix it very well. When I mounted it back I saw I didn´t fix it. Then I brought the lens to service to a lens specialized store, but unfortunately they don´t know what to do with it, they told me that I need some diopters to focus... I tried this too when I received the lens but with or without them no focus. I´m afraid the lens is misaligned, or as PepperJay told maybe when servicing they flipped one of the elements or who knows...

I saw another thread from PepperJay who had the same problem with the same lens, but fortunately for him he could send it back. So here I am with an Isco that I can not use asking for any advice that could guide me to a solution. Thank you very much in advance for any tip that could help me!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Most likely misaligned. Had an Isco Widescreen 2000 with the same issue. Even though it was not that far of, the image was no where near what one could call in focus. This is something you probably, with some patience and head scratching can figure out yourself. However, If you don't want to take any risks, I would suggest sending it to Bernie at super16 inc. He did magic to mine. At a price though.