Maybe I'm stupid? DaVinci question

Turboguard

So usually I start my workflow with doing selects and color in davinci then head over to premiere and do final color if needed with lumetri. But for some reason I did my edit first this time and I wonder how I can go into Davinci and basically overwrite the original files with a new color pallete so premiere pulls those files automatically. I'm not looking to change codec or anything so basic overwrite is what I need. This might be super easy but I look for your help. 

Thank you so much in advance!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I do not understand it either, what do you mean by overwriting the original files and color pallete?

Premiere does not edit source files.  Instead Premiere allows you to place those source files in a sequence, edit them in memory and render the sequence to a new file.

Sorry if it came out confusing. 

I usually start by doing selects and then coloring them in DaVinci before export to Premiere. If I, in Premiere later find some colors be off or maybe not saturated enough I will fix that with Lumetri instead of going back to DV. 

So this time I started editing for 8h on this project without going through DaVinci first, so my question is if I could take the original ProRes file into DV, color it and then export with exact same name then replace my Premiere files with the new colored ones. 

The reason for this this question is that DaVinci always renames my files to something else when exporting.

Does this make more sense? Again, I said maybe this is a very stupid question. Sorry

I see what you mean now. 

Yes it is possible, just treat the Premiere files as proxies, then edit the originals in DaVinci and then tell Premiere that the edited DaVinci files are in fact the originals to be replaced for the proxies.

Still I would question the point in coloring first in DaVinci and then editing in Premiere.

But everybody has their way of doing things!

Thanks, yeah guess proxy way is a given.

I usually go from DNG to ProRes so edit mildly in DV while coloring. Then I edit my final cut in Premiere with the Prores and if I'm during the way (very seldom) find a weird color issue, I fix it with Lumetri before export. It's just the way I've always worked. :)