The mainstream media needs to be destroyed, and we need to do it.

Ed_David

56 minutes ago, Ed_David said:

No Mercer, read my original post.  I don't mention Bernie.  Hillary Clinton, the person I voted for and supported with videos and get out the vote, got a third of the coverage that Trump did.

Here's what I wrote:

"The media gave him coverage during the primaries. Nonstop coverage. Waited on him to speak. "Did you hear what he said?" "Did you hear what he tweeted?" Put on the screen his rallies even before he got on the stage. While they gave a third of that coverage to Hillary Clinton, the best choice in defeating the monster."

Media bias -  there's a lot of good docs about this:

Manufacturing Consent, a doc about Noam Chomsky.  Explains mainstream media bias and censorship.  Or Glenn Greenwald just talked about this on Democracy Now.  

Every piece of storytelling - and that's all the news is - storytelling - has bias.  How an article can write about a candidate.

Hillary Clinton was a serious candidate. So was Jeb Bush, John Kasich, Ted Cruz, Chris Christie, Bernie Sanders.

A lot of serious candidates who deserved more airtime than a man who said Mexico was sending to America their rapists.

Do you think we should give David Duke, the head of the KKK, more airtime? 

I don't think it's my place to say who gets more airtime. But the reason Trump got so much of it was due to the hyperbolic statements he made and an idea that he was easier to beat than the other candidates. They did want him to be the Republican nominee because they believed that nobody could possibly elect him as president. They are completely out of touch with everyday Americans and the problems of everyday Americans. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

And, FWIW, this video by Ed shows exactly why (in my opinion as a midwest kid) Clinton lost.  While the current DNC frets about identity politics and "maximizing demographic alignment," and seemingly paying lip service to labor while glad handing hedge fund managers, people in a crappy reality had to deal with that reality.

As they say, pictures are worth a thousand words.

Any politician that gets coy regarding this reality does so at their own peril.

58 minutes ago, timmyturntable said:

@Damphousse I actually do have two little girls that I devote my free time to spending time with and making family movies.  

I would never let Trump NEAR them, even if he claims he is different at 70 than at 54.  But, of course, if that was my only voting criteria, it would have also eliminated Bill (I can have any woman I want) Clinton being around them either :)  We can agree here that neither is a picture of morality?

We can agree that Bill Clinton isn't on the ballot and is constitutionally barred from running for president.  We can also agree there is a tape of Clinton saying at most he "caused pain in his marriage".  And we can also agree there is a tape of Donald Trump saying because he is a privileged man that he grabs girls like your daughter by the "pussy" and moves on them like a "bitch".  We can also agree he called Mexican immigrants "rapists" and white European women who work in this country illegally by taking their clothes off for money first lady material.  We can also agree there are double digit number of women including a reporter who accuse Trump of sexual assault.  Not an affair.  Sexual assault.

And with all of Bill Clinton's issues we can agree he got married and stayed married and only the party of "family values" has destroyed an American tradition and elected one divorcee after another while preaching to us how to run our on households.  Right?  We can agree on that?

2 hours ago, dhessel said:

The reason why Trump won is because Hillary Clinton and the democratic party tried to force their will on the American public. They stacked the deck against Bernie Sanders and basically cheated him out of the nomination. They then continued to use all of their connections to try and stack the deck against Trump- getting debate questions beforehand, getting sent articles and news reports for editing from the media, etc... If it had not been for wikileaks exposing all of this we probably never would have none what they were trying to do. The DNC, Clinton, and their connections int the media tried to supplant Clinton as president.It wasn't about what the people wanted it was about what they wanted. In doing so they had a canidate who is one of the most corrupt and hated polititans out there. Looking for someone to protest, someone to blame, look no further than the Democratic party. They tried to force Hillary on us, they failed and this is the result. 

So the thesis is Clinton wiped the floor with Trump during the debates because she cheated?  Not because she was first lady for a governor, first lady of the United States, an accomplished ivy league educated lawyer, a senator, a secretary of state, nor was it her experience debating Barack Obama who went on to be a popular two term president.  No.  It was none of that.  It was "she cheated".  You don't think the problem was he did minimal to no debate prep?  It's amazing how a man does no work and loses to a woman who does more prep for the debates than potentially any human being before her and the flippant answer is "she cheated".

5 hours ago, Ed_David said:

The media created Trump.

The media did not create Trump.  The American people are shallow, self absorbed, and careless.  There are a lot of people that want Trump.  They don't want to hurt their brains by really thinking about policy.  They want an obnoxious bully that shouts slogans so they can turn their brains off.

The thing is the main stream media can change but that won't do any good.  Look at Fox.  Look at Glenn Beck.  Glenn Beck is pretty much banned from the main stream media.  How much do you think he makes now that everybody kicked and screamed and got him tossed off of CNN and then Fox?

Beck’s broader business empire, which also include his eponymous radio program and speaking tours, brings in more than $80 million annually.

http://fortune.com/2013/05/06/exclusive-glenn-becks-company-makes-how-much/

It's funny because you all are posting this stuff on EOSHD.  The very thing that allows this website to thrive is what allows the alt right to thrive.  With the internet and cheap high quality cameras and audio equipment it is easy to distribute false information.  The fact of the matter is if the people don't get what they want from the main stream media the someone will grab a DSLR and open a youtube account and give it to them and make a tidy profit doing it.

1 hour ago, timmyturntable said:

You are right, in a normal year, whoever lost would mope a bit and life would go on.  Trump would do well to reach out to those he offended and has scared...clarify how he will govern (not what he will say for shock value to make the headlines on the news and get free publicity). 

@Ed_DavidThe post-election attacks and hate crimes should be condemened by all, especially Trump.  It's also wrong that we are seeing calls for assassinations on Trump / his family. Hate is still hate and should be called out as such.

I haven't heard any of these calls for assassination.  I guess I don't follow the "sources" you do.  And of course I have no sympathy for Trump nor his family.  Sorry timmyturntable you don't understand the videography field.  You don't understand art and emotion.  You just can't call Mexican immigrants rapists and pledge to ban Muslims from entering the country and then magically take it all back.  There are some things you can't take back.  Someone with control of the nuclear codes should know that.  And if you ever want to make movies that appeal universally to a wide audience you need to learn that.  Otherwise enjoy your career making alt right movies.

4 hours ago, timmyturntable said:

Even now, the media is more worried about how their pundits missed "calling" the election right than reporting anything real.

"Calling" the election is "real".  Yes, I'm very concerned about how 100% of the allegedly objective polling data was completely wrong.  Forget about partisanship or preferences or opinions.  We should at a minimum have good FACTS.  Instead of trying to defend a particular candidate or play the victim I think calling attention to the fact not a single major polling firm on the left or right actually got out to rural Pennsylvania and asked working men and women what they think.  A whole crucial swath of the American electorate was either ignored or badly misunderstood by a bunch of highly educated over paid "experts".  You think that is trivial or irrelevant?  I think those people in Pennsylvania and Michigan would tell you that is in fact the heart of the problem.

Not to be flippant but it reminds me of the studio execs that killed Deadpool.  Thank god for a rebel leaking the test footage.  And doubly thank god for some exec somewhere being smart instead of vindictive and vengeful.  I mean I saw that move and just shook my head.  The studio execs are so out of touch.  How they think that movie wasn't worth making I will never know.  How many fantastic four movies have been made?

4 hours ago, timmyturntable said:

People on the losing side were bound to be hurt, angry and scared...either way.  Even still, mainstream media is doing nothing to bring healing to the land...

Clinton never threatened to jail her opponent nor bar US citizens from coming back into America.  Clinton did not urge law enforcement to stop and frisk Trump supporters.  Please let's not do this false equivalency thing.  It is childish and the majority of us on this forum will not participate.

Look timmyturntable you have freedom of speech but not freedom from the consequences of your speech.  I have had some interesting stories to tell but I actually stopped one creative endeavor because I thought about the fall out and how it would affect certain people.  I decided I didn't want to deal with the consequences so I killed the project.  Another time I did a project that got national acclaim but requested that my name be removed from it because I didn't want to deal with the fall out.  You can't just demagogue your way to the White House and once you have your prize say you don't want to take responsibility for what you've done.  If you get on live TV and call Mexican immigrants rapists it is not the media's job to clean up your mess.  Are we supposed to rehabilitate Hitler's image so Germans and Austrians quit getting so much shit in movies?  Wait... don't answer that.

1 minute ago, Damphousse said:

We can agree that Bill Clinton isn't on the ballot and is constitutionally barred from running for president.  We can also agree there is a tape of Clinton saying at most he "caused pain in his marriage".  And we can also agree there is a tape of Donald Trump saying because he is a privileged man that he grabs girls like your daughter by the "pussy" and moves on them like a "bitch".  We can also agree he called Mexican immigrants "rapists" and white European women who work in this country illegally by taking their clothes off for money first lady material.  We can also agree there are double digit number of women including a reporter who accuse Trump of sexual assault.  Not an affair.  Sexual assault.

And with all of Bill Clinton's issues we can agree he got married and stayed married and only the party of "family values" has destroyed an American tradition and elected one divorcee after another while preaching to us how to run our on households.  Right?  We can agree on that?

So the thesis is Clinton wiped the floor with Trump during the debates because she cheated?  Not because she was first lady for a governor, first lady of the United States, an accomplished ivy league educated lawyer, a senator, a secretary of state, nor was it her experience debating Barack Obama who went on to be a popular two term president.  No.  It was none of that.  It was "she cheated".  You don't think the plan he did minimal to no debate prep?  It's amazing how a man does no work and loses to a woman who does more prep for the debates than potentially any human being before her and the flippant answer is "she cheated".

The media did not create Trump.  The American people are shallow, self absorbed, and careless.  There are a lot of people that want Trump.  They don't want to hurt their brains by really thinking about policy.  They want an obnoxious bully that shouts slogans so they can turn their brains off.

The thing is the main stream media can change but that won't do any good.  Look at Fox.  Look at Glenn Beck.  Glenn Beck is pretty much banned from the main stream media.  How much do you think he makes now that everybody kicked and screamed and got him tossed off of CNN and then Fox?

http://fortune.com/2013/05/06/exclusive-glenn-becks-company-makes-how-much/

It's funny because you all are posting this stuff on EOSHD.  The very thing that allows this website to thrive is what allows the alt right to thrive.  With the internet and cheap high quality cameras and audio equipment it is easy to distribute false information.  The fact of the matter is if the people don't get what they want from the main stream media the someone will grab a DSLR and open a youtube account and give it to them and make a tidy profit doing it.

I haven't heard any of these calls for assassination.  I guess I don't follow the "sources" you do.  And of course I have no sympathy for Trump nor his family.  Sorry timmyturntable you don't understand the videography field.  You don't understand art and emotion.  You just can't call Mexican immigrants rapists and pledge to ban Muslims from entering the country and then magically take it all back.  There are some things you can't take back.  Someone with control of the nuclear codes should know that.  And if you ever want to make movies that appeal universally to a wide audience you need to learn that.  Otherwise enjoy your career making alt right movies.

"Calling" the election is "real".  Yes, I'm very concerned about how 100% of the allegedly objective polling data was completely wrong.  Forget about partisanship or preferences or opinions.  We should at a minimum have good FACTS.  Instead of trying to defend a particular candidate or play the victim I think calling attention to the fact not a single major polling firm on the left or right actually got out to rural Pennsylvania and asked working men and women what they think.  A whole crucial swath of the American electorate was either ignored or badly misunderstood by a bunch of highly educated over paid "experts".  You think that is trivial or irrelevant?  I think those people in Pennsylvania and Michigan would tell you that is in fact the heart of the problem.

Not to be flippant but it reminds me of the studio execs that killed Deadpool.  Thank god for a rebel leaking the test footage.  And doubly thank god for some exec somewhere being smart instead of vindictive and vengeful.  I mean I saw that move and just shook my head.  The studio execs are so out of touch.  How they think that movie wasn't worth making I will never know.  How many fantastic four movies have been made?

Clinton never threatened to jail her opponent nor bar US citizens from coming back into America.  Clinton did not urge law enforcement to stop and frisk Trump supporters.  Please let's not do this false equivalency thing.  It is childish and the majority of us on this forum will not participate.

Look timmyturntable you have freedom of speech but not freedom from the consequences of your speech.  I have had some interesting stories to tell but I actually stopped one creative endeavor because I thought about the fall out and how it would affect certain people.  I decided I didn't want to deal with the consequences so I killed the project.  Another time I did a project that got national acclaim but requested that my name be removed from it because I didn't want to deal with the fall out.  You can't just demagogue your way to the White House and once you have your prize say you don't want to take responsibility for what you've done.  If you get on live TV and call Mexican immigrants rapists it is not the media's job to clean up your mess.  Are we supposed to rehabilitate Hitler's image so Germans and Austrians quit getting so much shit in movies?  Wait... don't answer that.

This is so full of ignorance and straw man arguments that completely cherry picks the facts. 

8 minutes ago, mercer said:

This is so full of ignorance and straw man arguments that completely cherry picks the facts. 

Actually @Damphousse, I apologize. I think you are slightly misinformed, but you are entitled to your opinions. 

11 minutes ago, mercer said:

If you have something to discuss then discuss it.  Answering well written factual well thought out posts with one liners doesn't advance the conversation.

This is a forum of creatives.  I am a hobbyist.  I have a day job that I would like to keep.  I have however been involved in multiple creative endeavors and I have had to pause and think about what the effect my work will have on others, myself, and my family.  That has resulted in one project in particular being killed and a highly successful project having my name removed from it.  I'm sorry but anyone running for the White House should have a sense of discretion.  If Trump wishes to call Mexican immigrants rapists then he has to deal with the consequences and it is not the media's job to clean up his mess.  Bellyaching about it at this point because people are enraged is stupid.  There is a reason no major party presidential candidate in my lifetime has ever done that.

51 minutes ago, Damphousse said:

I haven't heard any of these calls for assassination.

Do a quick search on twitter?  It may surprise you that there is quite a bit of hate coming from the "tolerant" lefties of the nation:

Kill-Donald-Trump-Tweets.jpg

1 hour ago, Damphousse said:

Sorry timmyturntable you don't understand the videography field.  You don't understand art and emotion.  Otherwise enjoy your career making alt right movies.

I learn so much about films and making them from you guys.  For that I am grateful. However, I know what art is and I have been moved by many a film or song.  I do not understand the emotions of women, but, I know my emotions.  The entirety of my "alt-right career" in making movies consists of ZERO films?  I make movies of my family to watch when they grow up...

Perhaps you have me pegged like the media has pegged anyone that disagrees with them.  I have no agenda and wish you no ill will.  I'm sorry this post angered you...

11 minutes ago, Damphousse said:

If you have something to discuss then discuss it.  Answering well written factual well thought out posts with one liners doesn't advance the conversation.

This is a forum of creatives.  I am a hobbyist.  I have a day job that I would like to keep.  I have however been involved in multiple creative endeavors and I have had to pause and think about what the effect my work will have on others, myself, and my family.  That has resulted in one project in particular being killed and a highly successful project having my name removed from it.  I'm sorry but anyone running for the White House should have a sense of discretion.  If Trump wishes to call Mexican immigrants rapists then he has to deal with the consequences and it is not the media's job to clean up his mess.  Bellyaching about it at this point because people are enraged is stupid.  There is a reason no major party presidential candidate in my lifetime has ever done that.

Although I disagree with a lot of what President-Elect Trump said, let's be clear about what he did actually say... he did not say all of the Mexican illegal aliens are rapists and murderers. 

I am working right now, so I cannot reply to everything you wrote,but I will in due time if you want to have an honest discussion? If you just want to spread half truths and fear mongering... I have better things to do.

Just now, timmyturntable said:

Do a quick search on twitter?

Sorry man.  I don't get on Twitter.  Never looked at it during the entire campaign.  There are billions of social networking sites and tons of fake accounts.  You literally can go on any social media site and find someone that has said anything.  Remember the 400 PERCENT INCREASE in death threats against Obama?  I mean the secret service had to come out and debunk that bit of reporting multiple times.  Now you want to convince me of this WAVE OF THREATS against Trump with a Twitter search?

@Ed_David, see this is what I mean.  If you are going to have people that are going to go out and data mine Twitter of all places and create a narrative in their head how do you combat that?  Then they are going to go to whatever alt right, Fox News, or whatever site reinforces what they already think.  They aren't going to look at data points that conflict with what they want to believe.  I bet you that if you asked the average Obama voter if Obama received substantial more death threats than any other president in modern history they would say yes.  When it is your guy everyone screams everyone is trying to kill him!!!

Again because of the democratization of the equipment and the magic of the internet anyone with an agenda can get on the web and put out a pretty slick convincing video that finds fertile ground in susceptible minds.

39 minutes ago, Damphousse said:

@Ed_David, see this is what I mean.  If you are going to have people that are going to go out and data mine Twitter of all places and create a narrative in their head how do you combat that?  Then they are going to go to whatever alt right, Fox News, or whatever site reinforces what they already think.  They aren't going to look at data points that conflict with what they want to believe.

Really?  Now the way I search for information needs some refinement too?  Sounds like you have a monmental task of getting your perfectly honest and authentic content through to people.  I like how you have pegged me as "alt-right" without even knowing me.  Registered independent, btw...and have voted democrat before.  Even wrote in my father once for president.  

42 minutes ago, Damphousse said:

Remember the 400 PERCENT INCREASE in death threats against Obama?  I mean the secret service had to come out and debunk that bit of reporting multiple times. 

I would totally believe this to be true as well.  

I'm bowing out of this conversation as I don't want to continue to be attacked by you on personal level (lack of understanding, really)...I hope the pain you are feeling heals and maybe this will even spur you to make great content that I will see one day.  

19 minutes ago, timmyturntable said:

Really?  Now the way I search for information needs some refinement too?  Sounds like you have a monmental task of getting your perfectly honest and authentic content through to people.

Not really.  I'm a hobbyist and yet even though photography has never been my vocation I have had my work on the front page of multiple national newspapers in the lead story and on national news programs.  I realize that isn't as prestigious or as well vetted as your twitter posts but cut me some slack.  I'm just an amateur.

If you have powerful images and true facts you get front page coverage coast to coast and you lead the evening news.  If you lie and say Mexican migrants are rapist you get derision and protests in the streets.  And no there is no need for the media to change that system.  That is the way it is supposed to be.

25 minutes ago, timmyturntable said:

I like how you have pegged me as "alt-right" without even knowing me.

Never said you were.  Reread that sentence.  I used the word "they" as a plural and mentioned a variety of outlets.  You cut all that out and focused on alt right and made that sentance about you singluar.  I didn't even know what the alt right was until your candidate made the champion of the alt right his campaign CEO.

27 minutes ago, Jonesy Jones said:

Are there Mexican rapists crossing the border?

I'll go off on this tangent:  Sadly, there are so many rapist in the world it's safe to assume that rapist of all nationalities are crossing borders all the time.  In and out.

I'm reminded of all the older pasty single fat Western white guys I saw walking in the small villages in Cambodia with teenage girls.  There were so many of those dudes around when I drove through there a few years ago.  The world can be a sad place.  Man's inhumanity to man, etc.

Research is important.  Getting information from both sides, understanding the issues and not shutting your eyes with a 100 stop ND filter.   

Where do we begin?   Fabian Socialism?  Rules for Radicals?  George Soros?    Clinton Foundation?  Haiti and the Clinton Foundation?  Wikileaks - reading and understanding the emails............commenting on a camera however never using it......hmm.   The insanity of today's world has reached epic proportions.  

Let's start with a 16 year old boy attempting to debate with an older man.   Educated Debate can exist.  Too bad it has to be one sided.  Love everyone, even myself.

1 minute ago, fuzzynormal said:

I'll go off on this tangent:  Sadly, there are so many rapist in the world it's safe to assume that rapist of all nationalities are crossing borders all the time.  In and out.

I'm reminded of all the pasty single fat Western white guys I saw walking around small villages in Cambodia with teenage girls.  There were so many of those dudes around when I drove through there a few years ago.  The world can be a sad place.  Man's inhumanity to man, etc.

Has Trump said "all Mexican immigrants are rapists?"

FWIW, I'm saying the race/nationality thing is irrelevant.  Humanity can be awful all around.  One race doesn't hold moral superiority over any other in these regards.  So, rather than parse the statement of what was said and/or inferred, for me, the shock is that any sort of that rhetoric would come from a potential (and now actual) POTUS.  A POTUS should know better.

(keep in mind Clinton and Obama have been pilloried for insensitive rhetoric too. "Deplorables" and "clinging to guns or religion")

I don't like it that Trump either 1) doesn't know what he said is a bigoted thing to say or 2) doesn't care and used rhetoric as a cynical ploy for voters.

I'm not sure off hand, but I believe Trump's quote was something like, "Mexico, they're not sending people like you.  They're sending drug dealers and rapist.  Maybe some of them, I assume, are good people."  I see an implication there.  If you don't, I suppose that's your prerogative, but it bothers me.  The answer to your question is "no," but I really don't see how that diminishes the actual rhetoric.

Of course, my bias of Trump's rhetoric of bigotry was later solidified when he went off on that judge of Mexican heritage too.

BTW, are you aware that legal "Trump School" case is going to shake out here in San Diego?

33 minutes ago, Jonesy Jones said:

Has Trump said "all Mexican immigrants are rapists?"

8 hours ago, Ed_David said:

While they gave a third of that coverage to Hillary Clinton, the best choice in defeating the monster.

This is where I disagree. I believe for many the monster was Hillary and not Trump.

Trump with his polarizing views (and equally polarizing responses by many in the media), just attracted more viewers and raised ratings thus the extensive coverage. Did that influence voters? Sure it did. But are the media the one to blame? The main takeaway from these elections is that many voters are disgusted by the system, mainly the political system. Its the same system that denied Sanders a fair vote. If you don't trust wikileaks I can tell you with certainty that the DNC was asking for donations to Hillary long before the end of the primaries. 

So while both Trump and Sanders were trying to represent people, Sanders was f*cked by the democratic party itself.

After people seeing this, many of them democrats, how could they on earth vote for Hillary?

So don't blame the media. Blame the democrats, blame the system. 

Let's get organized. Let's all talk about this.

Yes, I am all for that.  

Can we learn from this? Yes, we always do. But will it be easy to change the system? No. Do I believe that voting for a president can change it? No. It requires good education for everyone. It requires motivated people and constant effort. And most importantly it requires time. Let’s keep in mind that our feelings of disappointment with Trump might be similar to the disappointment that plenty of people had with Obama, or the disappointment that many people would have with Hillary. Democracy, even in its most distant form in US, is still as good as the people inside it, and we have to accept that in order to change. 

I regard Trump as just another noisy sample in history’s long long, curve towards better societies. 

And here is a far left philosopher that argued a similar thing:

I'm not in the US, neither do I vote, but if I could have voted in these elections, I'd voted for trump just to see all these whiny liberal preachers cry. Those kind of people who say that I have to feel guilty because I'm white and have a penis,etc... bla bla, Fuck you preachers, I never listened to the priests, I'm not going to listen to some little liberal kid, after all tora students, protestants, marxists, and these new millenial postmodern garbage are all the same kind of people, cocksuckers.

This is what probably most trump voters thought when they voted for trump, so the fault lies in the new pseudo left who has nothing to offer to the real people.

This new left has alienated people to such degree that they are voting for the most corrupt and reactionary politicians possible, and will not protest against them.