What Trump means for new camera technology

Ed_David

4 minutes ago, Don Kotlos said:

Jonesy while I respect your opinion, putting in the same sentence "lets build a wall" and "sensible immigration policy" is contradiction. 

I agree that we should take people more seriously, but polarized opinions like that don't help.

Do you lock your doors at night? Do you or any sensible person you know live in a gated community?

I think you are missing the point of the quote. The point is that he speaks in terms of ideas, not details. You're taking him too literally again. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
13 minutes ago, Jonesy Jones said:

Do you lock your doors at night? Do you or any sensible person you know live in a gated community?

I think you are missing the point of the quote. The point is that he speaks in terms of ideas, not details. You're taking him too literally again. 

so what we have to believe when he said: " grab them by the pus...y"?...that means take her hands? , so now according to you we have to find a website or someone to tell us what trump really means when he say something.....really?, everything that trump says has to be interpreted like the bible.....everyone can take it as they like....good thinking...the trump bible!!!

"We can't afford such a big construction project" or "We need also a revolution in policies", is different than "Technically, Wall Doesn't Work". because it does, at least in middle east. Security barrier, never means hundred percent blockage. You build barriers to make invading slow and costly. Its 7000 years old fact. Opium is dirt cheap in southern Asia because they can transit it fast, with little effort and inexpensive. 

However, even if the wall is not a solution for this American problem, opposition should offer their truly working alternative. By making it a race issue (which is irrelevant), they just terminate the discussion. When discussing is systemically terminated, an opportunist has to use unorthodox narrative to put the topic on the table again. a short controversial youtube video insulting Sony enginners that fail to address color issues gets more attention that another one which tries to scientifically explain whats wrong with the log profiles and what should be done about it. Its 7000 years old tactic. 

This is what the Trump presidency will mean for future cameras:

https://fstoppers.com/originals/five-photography-predictions-which-could-come-true-now-donald-trump-elected-153075

On 11/10/2016 at 6:10 AM, Thpriest said:

Trump is like Sony, he promises the world, will never live up to his 'promises' and overheats when called to action.

Clinton is like Samsung cameras, dead but people keep banging on about her.

I prefer Canon and Panasonic.

On 11/10/2016 at 6:32 AM, Liam said:

So we'll have a president upgrade in a couple months?? :D

Probably, I expect Trump will not serve out the full 4yrs of his term. 

Mike Pence will be the next President of the USA.

On 11/11/2016 at 8:48 PM, Eric Calabros said:

Look I'm not saying its a good or bad idea, but your assumption about border walls is wrong. Israel made a huge one, and its unbelievably effective. Even Palestinians admitted its very effective, and they are master of tunnel making. 

Very true, but also Israel is an extremely extremely *tiny* country, a mere small spec on the map. 
USA would need a massively larger wall.

6 hours ago, BasiliskFilm said:

...a chance of giving Trump a credible skin tone...

I can say with certainty that's an impossibility if he keeps doing whatever it is he keeps doing.

BTW, not a joke, serious question, what happens when the dude doesn't have time to hop into the tanning booth every other day?  Do they go with the spray on?  Or maybe it's spray on already?  I'm not sure.

5 hours ago, Eric Calabros said:

After so many horribly wrong predictions about Trump, one shouldn't even try to predict anything about him again. 

Yeah. I really deeply hope all those people predicting Trump will be a horribly bad President will turn out to be horribly wrong with their predictions!

But I'm not holding my breath.

I've got no idea what will happen.

But, if Donald decides to threaten tariffs to trade partners you can expect a fast retaliation. From there, who knows?  

When money stops flowing the markets get unhappy. 

You know that one guy from way back?  He was a populist president, had a party that controlled all branches of the government, and then he restricted trade after elected, remember him?  My uncle probably does.

Of course, it would take someone like my uncle who's 95 years old to recall what Herbert Hoover did to the country.

I do wonder what a 21st century Hooverville might look like.  Endless dumpy RV's in abandoned Wall-Mart parking lots?

Now, I ain't sayin'... I'm just sayin'...

Maybe it's time Busby Berkeley musicals make a come back and "Remember My Forgotten Man," gets dusted off. 

Things could end up getting all Steinbeckian up in here. 

But hey, no big stakes, right? 

9 hours ago, fuzzynormal said:

I can say with certainty that's an impossibility if he keeps doing whatever it is he keeps doing.

BTW, not a joke, serious question, what happens when the dude doesn't have time to hop into the tanning booth every other day?  Do they go with the spray on?  Or maybe it's spray on already?  I'm not sure.

It may be a full face tattoo, in which case he is sorted. Anyway, you don't need to worry, that guy can do anything, including create time from nothing for tanning himself. And it's going to be beautiful.

26 minutes ago, fuzzynormal said:

Maybe it's time Busby Berkeley musicals make a come back and "Remember My Forgotten Man," gets dusted off. 

Things could end up getting all Steinbeckian up in here. 

Love all that stuff. Tough times can produce great culture. On balance, I would probably still rather live through boring times.

Maybe this has been said already, but what happened in England with Brexit and in the States with Trumps election is the need for serious filmmakers to undertake projects that will create empathy between two groups in society who refuse to understand the other. There's a need for compassionate research and an open ear, to understand why people are attracted to Trump's vile statements. I don't believe people are inherently racist, homophobic or xenophobic and nor do I believe all Trump supporters/Brexit'ers are - that stereotype must be destroyed. 

I was at a party a few weeks ago with a lot of doc filmmakers and I was surprised at how angry they were and how quick they were to label supporters of Trump as, basically, idiots. What doc filmmakers have here is an opportunity to heal and to give voice to a lot of people who feel cut off from the privileged. I just hope we don't go about this in a condescending newsy way.

21 hours ago, BasiliskFilm said:

Effect on camera technology? They are all going to have to create a new white balance setting to be in with a chance of giving Trump a credible skin tone...

Possibly a trump filter? Probably should make it variable too as some of those TV show make up artists just suck!

(come to think of it a trump filter sounds like its for something else!)

19 hours ago, Gregormannschaft said:

Maybe this has been said already, but what happened in England with Brexit and in the States with Trumps election is the need for serious filmmakers to undertake projects that will create empathy between two groups in society who refuse to understand the other. There's a need for compassionate research and an open ear, to understand why people are attracted to Trump's vile statements. I don't believe people are inherently racist, homophobic or xenophobic and nor do I believe all Trump supporters/Brexit'ers are - that stereotype must be destroyed. 

I was at a party a few weeks ago with a lot of doc filmmakers and I was surprised at how angry they were and how quick they were to label supporters of Trump as, basically, idiots. What doc filmmakers have here is an opportunity to heal and to give voice to a lot of people who feel cut off from the privileged. I just hope we don't go about this in a condescending newsy way.

Doc fimmakers can't fill the serious exponentially widening culture gap. few days ago I was reading a debate in a comment section somewhere, one of them asked: "How you explain 11 million illegals working in the country, go to college for free, and even vote!?" The other one replied: "we shouldn't be like Canada, protecting needy people is more important that protecting laws and standards!" 

They're certainly living in definitely two separate worlds.