What Trump means for new camera technology

Ed_David

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Tbh, Obama had a lot of plans too, then he bumped into the actual system and found out he's more of a face/puppet than someone with actual powers to make change happen. He still needs his radical plans to get legal backing and support from everyone in the system. I mean, for Obama two major issues were Guantanamo and Obamacare. He didn't have any power to just snap his finger and have it done with. As such, Trump will need to jump many hurdles, but he's like a spoiled kid, that's used to get what he wants. So... I think this won't last more than 1.5 or 2 years. He either gives up, because he can't get his way. Or he pushes crazy ideas and in turn needs to be pushed out of office by force. Anyways. I'll get my popcorn out... and hell, I might even start watching tv again...

znGNQYM.gif

3 minutes ago, Cinegain said:

Tbh, Obama had a lot of plans too, then he bumped into the actual system and found out he's more of a face/puppet then someone with actual powers to make change happen. He still needs his radical plans to get legal backing and support from everyone in the system. I mean, for Obama two major issues were Guantanamo and Obamacare. He didn't have any power to just snap his finger and have it done with. As such, Trump will need to jump many hurdles, but he's like a spoiled kid, that's used to get what he wants. So... I think this won't last more than 1.5 or 2 years. He either gives up, because he can't get his way. Or he pushes crazy ideas and in turn needs to be pushed out of office by force. Anyways. I'll get my popcorn out... and hell, I might even start watching tv again...

Don't they teach history in Austria?

Trump has the House, the Senate, the Supreme Court, the FBI, the NSA, the CIA, the KKK, Homeland Security, every militarized police force in the country, and the most powerful war machine ever known to man at his disposal. The only thing that MIGHT stop him from doing whatever the hell he wants is mass civil disobedience.

6 hours ago, tigerbengal said:

you don't get it right? it is not about hate or fear....how much will it cost? BILLIONS...for nothing, they will just make a tunnel and surprise...billions wasted, and what about the commercial war with china and mexico? our economy will sink like it did when bush was in power, do you remember? yes they were REPUBLICANS.

at the end of the chaos who paid for everything? we the people, our pockets !!!, no more money for new cameras or lenses

Look I'm not saying its a good or bad idea, but your assumption about border walls is wrong. Israel made a huge one, and its unbelievably effective. Even Palestinians admitted its very effective, and they are master of tunnel making. 

3 hours ago, Cinegain said:

Tbh, Obama had a lot of plans too, then he bumped into the actual system and found out he's more of a face/puppet than someone with actual powers to make change happen. He still needs his radical plans to get legal backing and support from everyone in the system. I mean, for Obama two major issues were Guantanamo and Obamacare. He didn't have any power to just snap his finger and have it done with. As such, Trump will need to jump many hurdles, but he's like a spoiled kid, that's used to get what he wants. So... I think this won't last more than 1.5 or 2 years. He either gives up, because he can't get his way. Or he pushes crazy ideas and in turn needs to be pushed out of office by force. Anyways. I'll get my popcorn out... and hell, I might even start watching tv again...

znGNQYM.gif

There is a lot he can do by executive order, and you can bet that he is going to make heavy use of that power. In any case, Republicans in Congress and the Senate have their own agenda, so they will do his stuff in order to make sure he doesn't veto their stuff. Expect lots of extremist social agendas to be imposed on the American people over the next two years and lots of removal of the regulations that keep a lid on rampant robber barons. The public piggy bank is about to be looted big time and the environment is going to be raped. This will happen, there is nothing stopping them now.

Right now the lobbyists for special interests are swarming all over capital hill in a feeding frenzy. They are going to get all sorts of deals done for their clients in return for "favors" and donations for the 2018 election campaign. It is happy days for the special interest groups.

3 hours ago, Eric Calabros said:

Look I'm not saying its a good or bad idea, but your assumption about border walls is wrong. Israel made a huge one, and its unbelievably effective. Even Palestinians admitted its very effective, and they are master of tunnel making. 

Yes, but something like about 40% of illegal immigrants and undocumented workers come to the US legally, and just don't leave. The wall is not going to stop that. People have this mistaken idea that all these people swim across the Rio Grande, but a very large chunk of them don't do that - they enter through normal ports of entry as visitors.

Building a wall is going to stop the people who do manual labor no one else wants to do from entering, but it will do absolutely nothing from stopping the more skilled illegal immigrants from entering, and it is THOSE who take the jobs that Americans actually want.

So basically it is going to damage the US economy by removing a vital labor component, but do nothing about a different labor component that does hurt US workers. The whole idea is stupid. Well, not for Trump, because guess who will get the contracts to build this thing.

The other thing about the wall is that it will take decades to build, not to mention that it will have to be maintained as well. But Trump will likely be gone in 4 years, and you can bet that the next president is going to cancel/abandon it in the first week at the job. So it will just be a massive waste of money.

I guess another question will be what about all the farmers along the Rio Grande? I am guessing that they will be less than pleased about having a giant wall between them and their source of water.

We mustn't forget that Americans voted in Ronald Reagan.....

Also, as we found out in the UK, the Brexit promises were all lies & I don't see any difference between them & Trump - anyone running for office ends up telling big porky pies, half of which they can never deliver or don't want to deliver.

As far as camera/tech innovation goes, the US might find that homegrown companies that stay in the US might get serious breaks & therefore be able to challenge the big companies from Asia or those companies that go to Asia for cheap labour.

Who cares, LMAO!

7 hours ago, Eric Calabros said:

US southern border is NOTHING like Israel.  It is almost 2,000 miles and runs through some of the most inhospitable terrain in North America.  Also I don't think there are Jewish businesses that are clamoring to hire terrorists as cheap labor.  I mean it would make more sense to focus on the wealthy business people who hire illegal aliens vs wasting taxpayer dollars on an ineffective wall even law enforcement and the border patrol don't want.

The wall is a fantasy,” said Tony Estrada, the sheriff of Santa Cruz County, Ariz., a border district that is one of the busiest corridors of drugs and people smuggling in America. “I don’t care how big, how high or how long it is — it’s not going to solve the problem.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/16/opinion/sunday/the-wall-is-a-fantasy.html?_r=0

Whether people support Trump or are against him I'm just glad people posted.  Nice to see people talk about something other than nerdy specs.

Having said that we can finally put to rest the saying "content is king".  We in the US just made it through the most content free election in my lifetime.  I woke up Wednesday and I literally don't have any idea what is going to happen to my country for the next four years.  I keep hearing scary things like massive infrastructure spending, massive military spending, and massive tax cuts.  Our out of control debt is going to explode.  The business news channel says banks are having the biggest rally they've had in years.  They are looking forward to massive deregulation.  It's like we are turning the clock back eight years and going to replay the horror movie we just watched.

Does anyone realize the fight Obama has been waging with his FCC to protect the internet?  As content creators what does a Republican chairman at the FCC mean for you?

The Federal Communications Commission today approved a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM) that seeks to give consumers more choices in the set-top boxes they use to watch cable TV.

The vote was 3-2, with Chairman Tom Wheeler and fellow Democrats Mignon Clyburn and Jessica Rosenworcel voting in favor of the proposal, while Republicans Ajit Pai and Michael O'Rielly voted against. An NPRM is not a final vote.

http://arstechnica.com/business/2016/02/fcc-votes-to-unlock-the-cable-box-over-republican-opposition/

This isn't even a Trump thing!  Why, oh why would any political party be in favor of overpriced clunky cable boxes that you are forced to rent from your local duopoly/monopoly?  Do noncollege educated whites really want to preserve the sanctity of archaic rented cable boxes?!

Hey Ladies and Gentlemen,

There is a lot of humour and unfortunately a lot of hate being spewed.    People need to respect each other and work together.  I did a google search and came up with a young Trump (before the orange look) with Oprah having a chit chat.  Interesting interview from 1988.  Maybe the naysayers will be pleasantly surprised?  I'm hoping for the best for the American people and all the people in the world.  Note the analog camera and the editing of the past.  Oprah is sexy.  Cheers.

42 minutes ago, FilmMan said:

There is a lot of humour and unfortunately a lot of hate being spewed.    People need to respect each other and work together.  I did a google search and came up with a young Trump (before the orange look) with Oprah having a chit chat.  Interesting interview from 1988.  Maybe the naysayers will be pleasantly surprised?  I'm hoping for the best for the American people and all the people in the world.  Note the analog camera and the editing of the past.  Oprah is sexy.  Cheers.

Cute! Back before he lost his innocence I suppose. Stars in his eyes, only a couple secual assaults under his belt :')

4 hours ago, FilmMan said:

There is a lot of humour and unfortunately a lot of hate being spewed.    People need to respect each other and work together.  I did a google search and came up with a young Trump (before the orange look) with Oprah having a chit chat.  Interesting interview from 1988.  Maybe the naysayers will be pleasantly surprised?  I'm hoping for the best for the American people and all the people in the world.

I don't know about other people but I hope for the best.  But that is really the worst possible position to be in when waiting for the swearing in for the president of the United States.  It would kind of be nice to know what the president is going to do... or NOT do.  The problem with Trump supporters who ask, why are you guys freaking out, is we are freaking out because of the very words that have come out of the man's mouth and that he has typed at 3 am.  I am not freaking out because what some analyst on motherjones wrote or what some blogger wrote or because of something I read on a facebook feed.  I'm not freaked out because of rumors.  I'm freaked out because of what I have heard and seen with my own ears and eyes.

And that tape just showed his 80s style bigotry.  And don't get me wrong he wasn't the only one or a rare breed.  Everybody said the "Japs" as they called them were going to take over.  Well where are they now?  Where are the big bad foreign Japanese now?  Now our boogeyman is the Chinese and the Mexicans.  Well I've heard enough from my parents about the 80s hysteria that I refuse to live in fear.  America is already great.  That doesn't mean you don't need to upgrade your skills to stay relevant in the modern economy.

Back in the day you could be a film photographer and make a fat income fairly easily.  No housewife would put out an ad and offer to shoot a wedding for money on a whim.  Now?  No way.  If you are a mediocre photographer shooting film you are out of business.  You have to upgrade to digital and learn photoshop and web delivery.  You have to massively cut you prices.  You have to constantly upgrade your gear.  You have to learn videography.  You have to learn drone operation.  What is Trump going to do?  Build a wall to keep out housewives with DSLRS?

How many threads have I seen on here about people lamenting clients asking you to shoot with your own equipment and offering a measly hourly rate with no compensation for equipment rental?  How many posts have I seen with people fretting about having to upgrade a perfectly good 1080p camera to an expensive 4k camera for future proofing and remaining relevant?  How many posts have I seen where a photographer has said they had to start learning video because clients are asking for it?  How many posts have I read abou t clients asking for the sun moon and the stars and pay going down down down?  Is Trump's wall going to fix that?  Well multiply your experience across hundreds of industries.

The good ol' days of leisurely snapping pictures with your Hasselblad and making a middle class income, owning a home, and sending your kids to college is over.  And I'll let you in on a little secret.  It isn't Mexico's fault and a wall won't bring those days back.

""I think one thing that should be distinguished here is that the media is always taking Trump literally. It never takes him seriously, but it always takes him literally. ... I think a lot of voters who vote for Trump take Trump seriously but not literally, so when they hear things like the Muslim comment or the wall comment, their question is not, 'Are you going to build a wall like the Great Wall of China?' or, you know, 'How exactly are you going to enforce these tests?' What they hear is we're going to have a saner, more sensible immigration policy." - Peter Thiel

16 minutes ago, SuperSet said:

""I think one thing that should be distinguished here is that the media is always taking Trump literally. It never takes him seriously, but it always takes him literally. ... I think a lot of voters who vote for Trump take Trump seriously but not literally, so when they hear things like the Muslim comment or the wall comment, their question is not, 'Are you going to build a wall like the Great Wall of China?' or, you know, 'How exactly are you going to enforce these tests?' What they hear is we're going to have a saner, more sensible immigration policy." - Peter Thiel

Let me say it is far from ideal for a candidate to be a rorschach test on a job interview.  But the election is over so no sense complaining about it.  I'm just glad you've got a hotline to Peter Thiel Trump Whisperer.  Shoot him a tweet or whatever and ask him if he is really going to bring those jobs back.  I've got a film Hasselblad in my closet and if I can make a middle class income leisurely shooting weddings with that thing and send my future kids to college then I'm in.  I will quit this day job tomorrow or more accurately whenever the wall metaphor job saving thingy happens.

1 hour ago, SuperSet said:

Best quote about Trump I have heard so far. Thanks for sharing. I am going to share on my Facebook feed as well.

18 minutes ago, Jonesy Jones said:

Best quote about Trump I have heard so far. Thanks for sharing. I am going to share on my Facebook feed as well.

Jonesy while I respect your opinion, putting in the same sentence "lets build a wall" and "sensible immigration policy" is contradiction. 

I agree that we should take people more seriously, but polarized opinions like that don't help.

5 hours ago, dahlfors said:

I think the big question is: what camera should you use to film a Trump face? Do we need a new revolution in color capture for our cameras, or do we need better tools for post production?

tcHSugT.jpg

This is really funny.....you are right...Canon, NIkon, Panasonic, sony etc....should have to release a firmware update or a new camera who can capture skin tones properly for the orange guy...or...orange tanning is the new wave for trump supporters...go for it guys!!!