What Trump means for new camera technology

Ed_David

Horrible 24 hours in the States.

We have a new Orange president.

What does this mean for Canon, Red, Panasonic, Sony, Arri?

Well the dollar may crash.

Maybe it won't - actually seems like it won't. 

So no one knows what's going to happen to trade.

Will it help Red that manufactures in the States?  

Again, who knows?

One thing we do know - this was a useless post.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
52 minutes ago, Ed_David said:

All I care about is a camera that can shoot 10k and pro res 4444444444

That would be yuge.  Really great.  The best camera.  The best.

I gotta say though Ed, surely you sensed this coming.  You have an unvarnished view of Clinton.  And anyone that's spent time in the rural midwest and then really looked hard at Hillary...well...considering that she had this locked up was never a reassuring thing.  Americans are many things, but attracted to the pragmatic aloof intellectual?  Eh, not so much.

In regards to cameras and production, I am curious to see what the economy does as this odd amalgamation of Trump and the GOP burp out their supply-side ideas onto the nation.  If the economy withers, will the corporate gigs get even thinner and anemic than they are now?

Or, would potential self distribution of my work become somehow more viable?  After all, the one industry that tends to thrive during tough economic times has always been entertainment. 

I'm just sorry this politics stuff is so divisive. I'm 100% sure that if myself and those here who are lefty's got to hang out or work together we'd be best buds. We're a good hearted passionate bunch. I know this is no consolation at all, but I'm certain that if the tables were turned I'd be frustrated too. And, again no consolation, but if you happen to be in San Diego, reach out and let's do some brew on me. 

We live in a simulation.

Our universe (of one of the infinite ones) is the game of someone (some people call him God, I call him "A very bad life simulation game-player", or "he just don't care that much").

Cameras are not relevant, they can go extinct in the next turn, they can go 20K, for whatever reason (VR cooking videos from inside the oven?).

Right now, the player has gone out with his teenage friends and left the game on. Previous time this happened - a month ago (his "month") - World War II happened.

Maybe the official camera of the World War III will be a 6K a7000 Sony, with the new 12-80 2f, this May. In case of nuclear explosion, it overheats.

6 hours ago, Ed_David said:

Horrible 24 hours in the States.

We have a new Orange president.

What does this mean for Canon, Red, Panasonic, Sony, Arri?

Well the dollar may crash.

Maybe it won't - actually seems like it won't. 

So no one knows what's going to happen to trade.

Will it help Red that manufactures in the States?  

Again, who knows?

One thing we do know - this was a useless post.

I feel your pain....WE THE PEOPLE WILL COME BACK STRONGER TOGETHER!!!!...WE WILL FIGHT BACK!!!!...THE ORANGE AND HIS SUPPORTERS WON'T REPRESENT OUR VALUES!!!!

On a more serious level - here in the UK we are already seeing considerable price rises on equipment due to the falling pound. Trump has indicated that he wishes to pursue policies on trade that could quite easily lead to a trade war with China. Given the nature of global supply chains in the camera business that would not bode well for prices stateside.

6 hours ago, Jonesy Jones said:

I'm just sorry this politics stuff is so divisive. I'm 100% sure that if myself and those here who are lefty's got to hang out or work together we'd be best buds. We're a good hearted passionate bunch. I know this is no consolation at all, but I'm certain that if the tables were turned I'd be frustrated too. And, again no consolation, but if you happen to be in San Diego, reach out and let's do some brew on me. 

Breaking everything down to left and right only benefits the 1%. Look at this election, the far left are at war with the centre left almost as much as each are at war with the right. Only 25% of eligible voters voted for Trump, and a few hundred thousand more voted for Clinton. Neither candidate has anything genuine to offer the people and they're both dangerous. It's government by the corporations for the corporations. Trump pretends he's the messiah for the working class but it's all bullshit. The millennials are pissed, they reject Trump's legitamacy. We're in unchartered territory, anything could happen. The republic could break up, who knows.

Oh right camera tech. Spy cameras in every womens toilet and change room I would imagine.

since nothing he said is true or can be fact-checked, then it may actually be a good sign he will do some good. for one, he is unlikely to build a wall....

the question is, will he get his way? his party isnt exactly on the same page as him. my guess is that, he will actually spend way too much time fighting his own party and gets nothing done (abit like that coalition party [tory and lib dem] in the UK). 

(i dont follow politics keenly)