Nikon Customers

mercer

On 29/11/2016 at 5:27 AM, IronFilm said:

IIRC it has the standard 30 minute limit?

Thanks for getting back to me on this. From looking around it apprears the D750 has a 20 min record limit, whilst the D500 at 4k can do 30 min.

It's such a shame the D500 doesn't have peaking and such a heavy crop. I was thinking potentially a Nikon to Nikon speedbooster would do a lot to work around that crop, but I'm aware this doesn't exist, and from what I can tell it's hard to mount lenses to a Nikon mount!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
3 hours ago, August McCue said:

This was all shot on the D750 with Nikon Ais lenses (besides the few slow-mo shots on the NX1) I'm really enjoying this camera.

It looks great. Good job. I have been so tempted to hit buy on a D750, but I just want to wait and see what gets released at CES first. 

To all those using Nikon..whos using a flat/nikon flat profile or are you guys just using standard/vivid profiles? I tend to shoot on Standard but sometimes I'll mess around with Vivid or Portrait which I find in combination with various fluorescent light WB settings can help when filming in mixed light to get a good out of camera picture. I do mess around with Flaat 11 and Cineflat but TBH unless I'm shooting outdoors or with plenty of light I don't mess around too much with Flat profiles. I shoot on a d5300 which did away with the fpn from the sensor (D5200 big issue) but doesn't have the nikon flat profile.

20 hours ago, bigfoot said:

I love the colors coming off that d750 ! Well done sir 

Thanks man! Nikon colors plus Film Convert make it shine.

22 hours ago, mercer said:

It looks great. Good job. I have been so tempted to hit buy on a D750, but I just want to wait and see what gets released at CES first. 

I think that's a smart move. Either way you're in a good position because even if nothing comes out you can there then D750 at it's current price is a great deal.

4 hours ago, Dustin said:

To all those using Nikon..whos using a flat/nikon flat profile or are you guys just using standard/vivid profiles? I tend to shoot on Standard but sometimes I'll mess around with Vivid or Portrait which I find in combination with various fluorescent light WB settings can help when filming in mixed light to get a good out of camera picture. I do mess around with Flaat 11 and Cineflat but TBH unless I'm shooting outdoors or with plenty of light I don't mess around too much with Flat profiles. I shoot on a d5300 which did away with the fpn from the sensor (D5200 big issue) but doesn't have the nikon flat profile.

For me I always shoot flat on the D750 but it's a different camera. Wether I'm doing something narrative or shooting a wedding The DR and gradeability on that camera with the flat profile works well with my work workflow so haven't paid much attention to the other profiles. I'd love to see what you're getting out of that guy.

On 12/1/2016 at 10:34 PM, ThomHaig said:

and from what I can tell it's hard to mount lenses to a Nikon mount!

The upside however is Nikon is the best and easiest mount to get lots and lots of native mount lenses for!

And Nikon F mount is the easiest mount to adapt to other mounts. 

So makes a lot of sense to base the core of your lens collection around Nikon F mount :) Is what I've done myself. 

On 12/5/2016 at 0:40 PM, August McCue said:

I think that's a smart move. Either way you're in a good position because even if nothing comes out you can there then D750 at it's current price is a great deal.

I guess CES is only next month after all. However at the crazy low prices of US$1.2K ish for a D750 then I kinda doubt it will fall much lower any time soon?!