How to create 4:3 proxy in Premiere Pro CC?

funkyou86

Hey folks!

I'm working with 4K footages that are in different aspect ratios. 3/4 of them is in 4K 4:3 anamorphic, the others are in classic 16:9. I have transcoded everything natively in Premiere using the built in proxy settings, but the 4:3 footages are messed up by 16:9 transcoding.

Do you have any .epr presets I can add to a new transcoding? I tried to create my own in media encoder but no 4:3 option in the dropdown menu, and there is also no option for a custom value.

Or is there another way of transcoding 4:3 footages without leaving premiere to a third party app, transcode everything than conforming them back in premiere?

Thanks!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
15 minutes ago, Justin Bacle said:

I am currently looking for a similar solution. The only solution I got is transcoding to Cineform but I do it in Ae for use with ACR.

Meanwhile I exported a DV 24fps setting from the encoder, than right clicked 4:3 files » proxy » create new proxy » loaded the setting, now I'm waiting to see if it will encode it to 4:3. Will let you know how it worked.

55 minutes ago, Justin Bacle said:

isn't DV limited to 480p resolution ? :D

Yes, it is :D Magically the image part of the thing works like a charm, the transcoded file is in 4:3, than interpreted (2x ana) by premiere. Strangely, the audio is not synced!!! Not sure why or what the heck should this mean?!

Okay, so, Adobe Media encoder does DVCPRO HD = 960x720px (4:3) in 23,967fps. Which means, that I should now transcode all of my 4:3 footages in the AME, than relink all 100 footages in premiere. Piece of cake :D Too bad that I can't export this setting and just load it inside of premiere.