12 or 10-bit RAW Magic Lantern!!!!

Katrikura

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Administrators

This is really exciting stuff. 10bit will be great for the SD card Canon bodies in upping resolution while keeping the date rate under the max of the SD card slot.

60D now 1080p for 12 seconds!

Will be interesting to see if it works in crop mode on the 5D Mark III for longer record times in 3K

9 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

This is really exciting stuff. 10bit will be great for the SD card Canon bodies in upping resolution while keeping the date rate under the max of the SD card slot.

60D now 1080p for 12 seconds!

So glad I kept my 60D - 12 seconds in 1080p, loving it!

Now just got to wait till they let us test it.

7 hours ago, kidzrevil said:

Running out to buy an 80d cause wowwww

Have they ported ML Raw to the 80D yet? Thought they were still working on it...?

12 minutes ago, kidzrevil said:

@Bioskop.Inc I have no clue ! Which camera is this 10-12 bit thing working on ? I wouldn't mind a 60d

From the topic I understand that cameras with digic 4 or 5 should be Okay. (/!\ of the dual digic architectures liike w/ the 7D)

I don't know yet if it will be merged in the next nightlies but I do hope so as results look good. They will have to update processing software though in order to be able to use those files.

29 minutes ago, cpc said:

I don't see anything mentioned about this in the linked thread.

The OP, in the ML link, states that the bits are being compressed.

48 minutes ago, kidzrevil said:

@Bioskop.Inc I have no clue ! Which camera is this 10-12 bit thing working on ? I wouldn't mind a 60d

They haven't ported ML Raw to the 80D yet, in theory it is possible, as @Justin Bacle stated, but hasn't been done yet.

Think the only cameras that it is working on are 5D2 & 60D - but you need to compile the code if you want to try it.

I'm no coder, so just waiting for someone to do it.

Personally, I'd hold off buying anything till it works properly & people start to test it - 5D2 might be the better buy, but I like the flip screen...!

10/12bit appears to be working reliably on a bunch of cameras now including the 5D MK3. It can do 10bit 50p 1080p continuous. 60p1080p looks like it should be doable with a 2.39:1 crop. It's recording up to 3k 10bit 24p continuous too.

1920x648 (16:9 after stretch) 60 fps     -14 bit 308 frames
                                                            - 10bit 1425 frames
1920x648 50fps seems to be continous in 10 bit.

5 hours ago, squig said:

10/12bit appears to be working reliably on a bunch of cameras now including the 5D MK3. It can do 10bit 50p 1080p continuous. 60p1080p looks like it should be doable with a 2.39:1 crop. It's recording up to 3k 10bit 24p continuous too.

where did you read that? cant see it in the original thread.