Premiere Pro CC 2017 Released

jcs

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
4 minutes ago, mojo43 said:

I haven't tried the ingest feature. Is it not just creating proxies? I drop in week's worth of footage on a timeline to start stringouts (1 TB approx.) Will it make proxies faster? I hope I am missing something :)

It does make proxies but you can edit as they are being created in the background and as soon as they are done it automatically replaces the clip. That happens quite fast actually since it is a lower res proxy with a nice codec. Also when exporting it does use the original files. 

1 hour ago, mojo43 said:

What codec are you using? I tried the cineform, but it took quite a quality loss. 

Yes this is a low res version so performance improves. Quality will be lower but for editing and color grading is fine. 

When you need the high quality originals it is very easy to swap between the two as well.

On 11/7/2016 at 7:25 AM, mojo43 said:

Did you notice a performance improvement by chance with the new version of Premiere?

Just finished a wedding edit on the new version. I'm pleased. Seems a bit snappier and less prone to slowdown even once the project/timeline gets really big. 4K seems to edit a little easier. The last version had memory leak issues, which was driving me nuts. Really happy with this version so far (fingers crossed)

• 4 weeks later...

SOOOO freakin frustrating to PAY $50. EVERY month for a professional editing software that is soooo full of bugs and crashes ALL THE TIME on EXPORT, RENDERING or whenever... ADOBE... get your act together and fix ALL the issues before charging us MONEY FOR SOMETHING THAT DOESN'T WORK!!! ARGGGGHHHH Do you have any idea how much MONEY and valuable working hours we lose with your buggy Premiere PRO CC (Whatever version) it never worked properly... and yes I have a super PC with plenty of memory, super graphics card, SSD drives etc.

4 hours ago, Denis said:

SOOOO freakin frustrating to PAY $50. EVERY month for a professional editing software that is soooo full of bugs and crashes ALL THE TIME on EXPORT, RENDERING or whenever... ADOBE... get your act together and fix ALL the issues before charging us MONEY FOR SOMETHING THAT DOESN'T WORK!!! ARGGGGHHHH Do you have any idea how much MONEY and valuable working hours we lose with your buggy Premiere PRO CC (Whatever version) it never worked properly... and yes I have a super PC with plenty of memory, super graphics card, SSD drives etc.

Use Resolve then. Stop paying Adobe.

On 3.11.2016 at 2:29 AM, jcs said:

... they need a complete from-scratch rewrite, ideally combining After Effects and PP into one program (HitFilm gives an idea what this can look like).

I think not. AAE is an ancient software that could be rewritten from scratch, because there are more elegant ways of representing layers on a timeline. But few complain, because they know the program, and it works just fine as it is, it's reliable. Merging PP and AAE (and make the jackalope an expensive Hitfilm) would scare off the faithful clients. Don't you think?

The problem is that PP has too many old and redundant features and over the decades became bloatware. 

On 4.11.2016 at 6:41 PM, Ed Andrews said:

Careful is using Prelude for offload. It has wiped all the renaming presets, you know, that awkward clunky process of entering and saving them which is a pain in the arse. Well, you've got to do it all over again! 

But PP imo should be rewritten to seamlessly include the functionality of Prelude. Organizing media within PP is so marginal. Wiki:

Adobe Prelude (successor to the now discontinued Adobe OnLocation) is a tool for Windows and Mac to review, import, log, select, and export tapeless media. 

As I see it, these are all core tasks of an NLE. None of them should be awkward clunky processes.