shitty lenses?

Liam

So I got like the cheapest lens I could, and now it’s the only one I like. “Character” or crap, I love it. Just a non-ai 50mm with a $10 wide angle adapter. I have a telephoto adapter too, which definitely still has character, but not always my favorite. I like this even more than the 50 by itself. Didn’t know if there were just terrible cheap lenses anywhere that could be worth fiddling with. usually the budget lenses are still somewhat high for me. Kinda curious about fungus filled lenses, I’ve seen those do cool things

Ps, i know that those Dog Optiks are nice n Schidtty, and I appreciate the hell out of them, but maybe mostly interested from the cheapskate side of things, so /:

IMG_5066.png

IMG_5158.png

IMG_4822(5).png

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, Orangenz said:

https://goo.gl/kEa8S9 This is a very very nice but cheap lens. Nikkor 50mm 1.8 D

It's a fine cheapish lens, but best used on a Nikon AF camera. For adapted MF use, the focus ring action is not great, because of its lightweight plastic construction. Plenty of older 50mm f1.8 MF lenses from Nikon or other makers that have metal construction and more satisfying focus action.
Also note that this lens, and many with the D designation, will only autofocus on more expensive Nikon bodies, that have a body-focus motor. It is MF-only on D3XXX or D5XXX series cameras

25 minutes ago, BasiliskFilm said:

It's a fine cheapish lens, but best used on a Nikon AF camera. For adapted MF use, the focus ring action is not great, because of its lightweight plastic construction. Plenty of older 50mm f1.8 MF lenses from Nikon or other makers that have metal construction and more satisfying focus action.
Also note that this lens, and many with the D designation, will only autofocus on more expensive Nikon bodies, that have a body-focus motor. It is MF-only on D3XXX or D5XXX series cameras

I use it MF on GH4. It's great! Very easy and positive focussing.