Clamp options for Kowa 16-H

cbh

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Hi everybody.

Quite hot discussion here now, so let me explain couple things myself.

V2 adapter tweak referring to is discontinued. It was made by personal order once when I thought Redstan is out of business, but it seems that I was wrong. So, we will not continue to make such adapters with retaining ring (that is really great idea, and it is sad that it wasn't mine :-) )

Our adapters are more simple and more risky. bzpop is correct - there is a chance of dropping anamorphic attachment with our adapters, so you need much more care using them. Positive side is lower price for those who using not too expensive equipment.

Flat spring bzpop referring to is not poor design. Purpose of the spring is protection of the lens body from damage by adapter screws. I tested this feature on many attachments already, and results are following: if you tight the screws just by you fingers, an attachment will not fall accidentally, but can be pulled out with not too much force. After you positioned it correctly, you need to tight screws bit harder using allen key. After this, you'll not be able to pull it out. So, this design is secure enough when used properly.

Thanks.

Raf.

1 hour ago, bzpop said:

I'm right:)

don't assure me, i have a few adapters from Raf, i also have 6 adapters from Redstan, never a problem.

You weren't as you were commenting on the adapters I was talking about and you didn't even know which adapters those were exactly... You were right in your own head perhaps, yes. As you can read Raf has now discontinued that adapter so there's no point dragging on this pointless discussion.

Buy whatever adapter fits your needs, just make sure you get it sent with tracking ;) .

On 2016-11-01 at 9:11 AM, tweak said:

Raf has now discontinued that adapter so there's no point dragging on this pointless discussion.

well, Redstan still has some :)

so the point of "this pointless discussion" is in the thread name,  clamp from Redstan  for Kowa 16H is the best available option today

10 hours ago, bzpop said:

well, Redstan still has some :) 

so the point of "this pointless discussion" is in the thread name,  clamp from Redstan  for Kowa 16H is the best available option today

It's only the best "available" option if it turns up ;) . Happy shooting.