Old lenses for a new body??

Harriso

Hey there! I just bought a Lumix GX85, and while the body is FANTASTIC the good lenses are a bit out of the price range for a college student. A friend recommended I buy a mount converter and start my collection with older name brand lenses.

Specifically hoping for manual lenses (I love the way they feel!), what should I be looking for? are there specific brands that'll give me the best luck/ones I should avoid? Other than KEH are there good websites to buy from? Are there any other general tips you have for someone starting out?

Thank you so much!

Harriso

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I would start with a Canon FD 28mm f/2.8 and a 50mm f/1.8 or better 1.4.
With this two lenses on a Lumix G6 I made this video.

You just need a cheap baionette converter such as this on: https://www.amazon.it/Adattatore-Obiettivo-Anello-Olympus-DC156/dp/B009ZCDBP0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1477249503&sr=8-1&keywords=fd+m43

If you prefer old M42 lenses like Zeiss search for an adapter like this: https://www.amazon.it/micro-adattatore-montaggio-Panasonic-Olympus/dp/B0042SW6YY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1477249503&sr=8-2&keywords=fd+m43