$5700 what canon camera do I buy?

omar

14 minutes ago, mercer said:

Did your c100 arrive yet... How do you like it?

Yes, I like it a lot but a client I work with is saying he thinks it's best getting a 4K camera that has high speed(more than 60fps)for the projects that I do for him. Of course he says this right after I purchase the camera ?. He's one of my bigger clients so It's really got me thinking. 

So I've been considering returning the cam and getting a 4K option but I'm stuck. I want canon but there's nothing in my price range that's 4K and has the option of interchangeable lenses. 

So now I'm thinking ursa mini 4.6k or fs5. I like the xc15 but I need the ability to change lenses. 

What do you guys think? I'm kind of in a frustrating situation because I obviously need to keep this client happy. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
48 minutes ago, omar said:

Yes, I like it a lot but a client I work with is saying he thinks it's best getting a 4K camera that has high speed(more than 60fps)for the projects that I do for him. Of course he says this right after I purchase the camera ?. He's one of my bigger clients so It's really got me thinking. 

So I've been considering returning the cam and getting a 4K option but I'm stuck. I want canon but there's nothing in my price range that's 4K and has the option of interchangeable lenses. 

So now I'm thinking ursa mini 4.6k or fs5. I like the xc15 but I need the ability to change lenses. 

What do you guys think? I'm kind of in a frustrating situation because I obviously need to keep this client happy. 

Could you rent a camera specifically for that client. Because that C100ii will pay for itself in no time. 

35 minutes ago, mercer said:

Could you rent a camera specifically for that client. Because that C100ii will pay for itself in no time. 

Since I do a lot of projects for this client it would make more sense to buy a camera suitable for their upcoming projects. But I still wouldn't know what I would get with the budget I have.

On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 6:41 PM, omar said:

Wow all interesting comments. It's so confusing when picking a camera. Everyone says something different. I do however keep hearing that canon color is the best. That being said, how much better is it? Is it life changing compared to the fs5? Or can you get similar results with the fs5 with some good color grading? 

The xc15 looks like a great cam but I really don't like the permanent lens. Also, the Aperture is  fixed and I really enjoy using primes so xc15 can't be an A cam for me. 

All of this being said, what do you guys think about the ursa mini 4.6k? I hear the new firmware has fixed all of the issues it had before. And from the images I've seen online it's made me consider buying one in the distant future. 

Always test a camera yourself. A lot of people dislike the Sony look. But that's also because the Sony cameras have such a array of options to create your own look, canon has the fast turn around. With Sony you have to develop your own workflow. I personally love it, enjoy the look that I've created on my A7r II.

4.6K Fantastic if your shooting a movie at 800 iso. Incredible image with wide DR. However, 1600 is near unusable and it has no ND filters. It is not an event camera. Also you need a lot of light to use the Slow motion option on that camera.

I would rent a FS5 for a weekend and see what you think.

16 minutes ago, Geoff CB said:

Always test a camera yourself. A lot of people dislike the Sony look. But that's also because the Sony cameras have such a array of options to create your own look, canon has the fast turn around. With Sony you have to develop your own workflow. I personally love it, enjoy the look that I've created on my A7r II.

4.6K Fantastic if your shooting a movie at 800 iso. Incredible image with wide DR. However, 1600 is near unusable and it has no ND filters. It is not an event camera. Also you need a lot of light to use the Slow motion option on that camera.

I would rent a FS5 for a weekend and see what you think.

Thanks for your input Geoff. Very good points. 

I honestly am the guy to buy the camera without renting it first but I do realize that it's not the smartest thing to do. So I think for the first time I will rent first and buy later. 

I actually have used the ursa mini 4K before and was not happy with the image or DR, but I hear the 4.6k is way better so I'll probably rent that too. 

The amount of the features the fs5 has is what draws me but the image of the 4.6k is what draws me. So I feel so torn right now but that's why I'll rent first. So borrowlens.com here I come! Lol

i will probably be doing a video on my tests of both cameras and make a video on why I chose which camera.

I'll post the video for the 2 people interested  in my dilemma on this thread LOL.