Samyang/Rokinon zooms are coming!

IronFilm

http://www.mirrorlessrumors.com/samyang-says-mft-x-autofocus-lenses-possible/

http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/samyang-says-will-make-zoom-lenses/

Samyang said they will start to make zoom lenses too. First for the XEEN cine lens line. And after that for the “normal” photography world.

Awesome!! We're going to see affordable cine zooms soon from Samyang?? I'd love to have a Rokinon version of the Fujinon 19-90mm T2.9 but at a price I could actually afford!!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
7 hours ago, Justin Bacle said:

YAY, PL mount Zoom lenses for everyone !

Oh wait, I just remembered I don't really care about zoom lenses :D

When you're pushed for time by the production then zooms are very nice to use! 

6 hours ago, Cinegain said:

Well, if primes start at around 1999. This must be somewhere around... 2999~4999.

For the XEEN ones yes.... but for the Rokinon Cine DS versions, maybe more like $1K-ish-ish? If they're $1K I'd buy it in a heart beat. 

4 hours ago, Geoff CB said:

All I want for chrismas is a 28-105 f4.

Errr... 24-105 (or even better 22 or 20mm to 105mm, or even just 90mm) would be so much better! As cine zooms they'd be used a lot on S35 lenses, and while I can live with 28mm, having 24mm or wider on your zoom is so much better and will save you a lot of lens changes. As I said before, my dream would be 19-90mm T2.9, you could easily do whole productions with that and never need to change lenses. 

2 hours ago, IronFilm said:

Errr... 24-105 (or even better 22 or 20mm to 105mm, or even just 90mm) would be so much better! As cine zooms they'd be used a lot on S35 lenses, and while I can live with 28mm, having 24mm or wider on your zoom is so much better and will save you a lot of lens changes. As I said before, my dream would be 19-90mm T2.9, you could easily do whole productions with that and never need to change lenses. 

That 19-90 sounds great, but my understanding is that the lens would be pretty big. The new Zeiss comes pretty close to your wish. I'd like the extra wide mm's too, and I don't anything longer than 90, so your on point. 

With that said, the upcoming Angenieux 15-40 T2 is my absolute dream lens. The vast majority of big DP's typically stay under 40 for the most part. This gives me everything I'd need. 

1 hour ago, Jonesy Jones said:

That 19-90 sounds great, but my understanding is that the lens would be pretty big.

Was on set on the weekend using the Fujion 19-90mm T2.9, it isn't really *THAT* big. However is close to the limit of what size I'd want a general purpose do everything lens to be, but is ok. If I owned one myself it probably would live full time on my Sony PMW-F3.

The new Zeiss comes pretty close to your wish. I'd like the extra wide mm's too, and I don't anything longer than 90, so your on point. 

Meh... 19mm vs 21mm, I could give that up perhaps if it was the only compromise, but that new Zeiss is not a constant aperture! :( :-/

With that said, the upcoming Angenieux 15-40 T2 is my absolute dream lens. The vast majority of big DP's typically stay under 40 for the most part. This gives me everything I'd need. 

Nope, I use the 50mm & 85mm focal lengths way too much to want to give them up. That is why  Angenieux also makes the 30-90mm T2, as you often have to pair that lens with at least one more zoom lens to cover the other common focal lengths.