Geoff CB

GFILM: An easily graded Flat Profile for Sony Cameras

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 2:40 AM, Bjorn Wol said:

Did you use the same settings like you did for your A7SII? I have used GFilm on my old A7SII with my SmallHD and i absolutely loved it but recently I switched to the Sony A7III. So Iam even more curious what settings you used.

Yes it's using the exact same settings. I actually like the look more. 

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 7:41 AM, a7iiiuser said:

works awesome on a7iii !

raw2_1.1.1_1.3.1.thumb.jpg.195ffa4cd9f3c735ea59311a9fbf52cd.jpg

Really like this image! 

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

@Geoff CB do you think gamma and color mode in "Still" with if your settings for who is beginning in color correction/grading is the best option? How about exposure, over at least +1 or keep on 0? I have A6500 😀 Thank you for your settings, I'm learning how color correct and your knowledge it's amazing.

@Geoff CB do you think gamma and color mode in "Still" with if your settings for who is beginning in color correction/grading is the best option? How about exposure, over at least +1 or keep on 0? I have A6500 😀 Thank you for your settings, I'm learning how color correct and your knowledge it's amazing.

9 minutes ago, netosk said:

For still I would under expose just a little bit, that profile is quick to blow highlights.

On 9/7/2018 at 3:28 AM, Mako Sports said:

For still I would under expose just a little bit, that profile is quick to blow highlights.

Thank you! 

What do you think about this profile? Worth to " beginners/little post correction"  or is better to use no profile (for beginner) and slog (to practice) ?

On 6/29/2018 at 11:05 AM, Geoff CB said:

Yes it's using the exact same settings. I actually like the look more. 

Forgot about Gfilm after buying the a73. I need to revisit this one, it worked really well with the a7s2 and r2. Now I'm using the a73/a6300 for more speed/reach.

Chris

Hi all

Enjoying using this profile. Just want to check for best settings without being totally flat (s-log). I've presently got it on Cine2 and Pro. a7iii. I do find the highlights can get a bit blown quickly and I'm doing weddings, so a *lot* of white. Do we think Cine2 and Pro are best settings?

On 5/19/2019 at 7:07 PM, Geoff CB said:

If you need a quick turnaround, I really recommend Andrew's profile with internal recording.

I'm going to check out GFILM this weekend with the A7RIII. Looks great!

I agree about Andrews profile though, it's excellent if you need fast turn around or just want to do everything internal. I used it for this last year and was really happy with the results...

...and for this with the saturation dialed down a bit...