Sony RX100 V - official topic

wolf33d

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
17 hours ago, Vladimir said:

damn, i believed till the end its shooting 24fps of raw and folowed the news( is it true that it shoots 6 secs of FineJpeg not 6 secs of RAW? I thought it gonna be my second and a last cam i need) Seems im gonna stick with bmmcc for that and gonna shooting videoblog without 180 degree flipping screen (actually now its without any of screen, gonna do it really-old-style with only measured distance )

They shot JPEG because no software can process the RAW files from RX100 V yet.

1 hour ago, Luke Mason said:

They shot JPEG because no software can process the RAW files from RX100 V yet.

which is not a reason not to try such crucial option i belive) the camera itself still capable of shooting raw continious even if there is no software for decoding at the moment, right?)

1 hour ago, Vladimir said:

which is not a reason not to try such crucial option i belive) the camera itself still capable of shooting raw continious even if there is no software for decoding at the moment, right?)

It is capable. But if they shot RAW, you wouldn't be seeing a video at all.

1 hour ago, tugela said:

what perks does HD raw (with 1/4 the data of the 4K image) have over 1/3rd compressed 4K from jpegs? the Jpegs have more data. There is more information in them, compression or no compression.

dunno. color information? 12bit vs 8bit? stuff like that i think

18 hours ago, Emanuel said:

Buffer handles 150 RAW + JPEG images, so it means 6 seconds @25fps, over 6 seconds @24fps.

is this information from official source? after some rough calculations i do believe more in imaging-resources which said it has 150 series for jpeg and 71 (3 secs, not exciting anymore) for raw. Im also thinkin about how fast raw cont. shooting will drain a battery)

2 hours ago, Vladimir said:

is this information from official source? after some rough calculations i do believe more in imaging-resources which said it has 150 series for jpeg and 71 (3 secs, not exciting anymore) for raw. Im also thinkin about how fast raw cont. shooting will drain a battery)

Not official source, so far. It is spread all over the main reports on the release, though.

8 hours ago, Vladimir said:

dunno. color information? 12bit vs 8bit? stuff like that i think

jpegs from the RX100 are 24 bit.

• Super Members
7 minutes ago, JurijTurnsek said:

just a quick question: would you guys consider a RX smartphone, which would be as thick as a RX100, but only feature a prime lens? I love this idea, but the Panasonic CM1 didn't really get a lot of attention

I had the CM1, it was a good phone with an awesome camera. Really nice concept. Only reason I switched was because Im in a 100% film fase with stills.

I did a review as well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...